It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Scientific Explanation Of 'Deflategate'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

And 100 million people will be watching...give or take.

There's some BIG money in that number....

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos

Yup.
Makes me a little jealous....

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yup.
Makes me a little jealous....

I know, right? This one game is going to make them more money than I could ever dream of making in a hundred lifetimes.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Well said.

If anything, Rush Limbaugh put forward a great theory on this. He postulated that, maybe, the NFL likes having a little bit of scandal before a Superbowl. Maybe they want people talking about 'Deflategate' in the miserably boring two weeks before the big game.

How many will tune in now to see those cheating Patriots lose? How many will tune in to see if they try to cheat during the Superbowl?

It's all a big joke. Kraft will pay a paltry fine, lose some draft picks, and laugh all the way to the bank while sipping high-priced booze with Goodell in one of his vacation homes in the off-season.

Yup....and which direction do you think the Super Bowl advertisement cost will go, up or down now?? The more controversy, the more eyes on the tube, the more the NFL can charge for everything involved in the spectacle. The sport is irrelevant in this type of event...it's all about how much marketing, merchandizing, and ad revenue can be generated before and during. It could be two billy goats butting heads over a female for all that matters.....if, of course you could get MILLIONS of people to watch it for 3-4 hours (I'll bet with enough marketing, viral controversy, and added sex appeal you could get millions of the sheep to watch that and spend money on anything with "their" billy goat on the front).

It stopped being more about the game back in the late 60's, early 70's. The first player to "get it" was "Broadway" Joe Namath. He understood where it was all going, and spearheaded the age of football marketing itself for fun and profit.

edit on 1/24/2015 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I disagree. Anytime you find blatant and continuing corruption in pro sports, it IS an issue!

abcnews.go.com...
DEFLATED BALLS JUST LATEST IN BELICHICK'S REPUTATION FOR GUILE

("Guile"? But I suppose you wade into lawsuit-territory with that "C" word ...)

edit on 24-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Absolutely.

I for one, feel that Professional Sports should have to label itself in the same manner as Professional Wrestling: 'Sports Entertainment', because that is all it really is. There's no 'integrity', or 'Honor' of the game, anymore.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

I disagree. Anytime you find blatant and continuing corruption in pro sports, it IS an issue!

abcnews.go.com...
DEFLATED BALLS JUST LATEST IN BELICHICK'S REPUTATION FOR GUILE

("Guile"? But I suppose you wade into lawsuit-territory with that "C" word ...)

If the media uncovered every bit of corruption in pro sports, pro sports would cease to exist as the money maker that it is. This particular incident is little more than a witch hunt, and will not amount to any meaningful changes to business-as-usual in professional sports.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

And how important is this in the grand scheme of things, really. A bunch of guys tossing a ball around, playing a "ground acquisition game" being paid literally millions of dollars each. Frankly, I think folks take it just too seriously.....there are more important things to rail on against.

Perhaps they should have a half-time show with lions and tigers fighting each other? That would create tremendous controversy, and lots of $$$, and maybe even be more important to rail against than someone lowering the pressure a few pounds in a flipping ball.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Because this is a larger issue than "deflating a few balls in a play-off game." Belichick has a reputation for playing dirty (as my linked article above proves), and "wins over sportsmanship" are apparently OK with the Patriot owners too.

Yet you people who brush off this issue as trivial, would probably come unglued if your kids hacked into a school computer, changed grades around, and got expelled from school.

"Cheating" is still "cheating", no matter who does it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker

Because this is a larger issue than "deflating a few balls in a play-off game." Belichick has a reputation for playing dirty (as my linked article above proves), and "wins over sportsmanship" are apparently OK with the Patriot owners too.

Yet you people who brush off this issue as trivial, would probably come unglued if your kids hacked into a school computer, changed grades around, and got expelled from school.

"Cheating" is still "cheating", no matter who does it.

That is not a valid comparison. Breaking a rule in a game, is not against the law of the land. Whereas, "hacking" into a computer is against the law. Law and morality have little to do with each other in reality. Breaking one sends you to prison, the other makes you look bad or costs you some pittance in $$ (comparatively speaking in regards to football wages).

Please, stop trying to inflate the importance of this outside of the game. There was no law broken here, none, nada, zip, zilch. Flippant use of hyperbole diminishes your position, I would recommend you stop that before you embarrass yourself here.

edit on 1/24/2015 by Krakatoa because: fat

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
In his presser today, Belichick said, "I am not a scientist."

But did you guys know his defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, actually is an aeronautical engineer?

Hmm, I wonder if he knows a thing or two about atmospheric pressure. LoL!

Anyways....

i.imgur.com...

edit on 1/24/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

By all means, I meant no offense...seriously. I am just tired of things like this being used to detract from the pressing issues at hand. You know...conspiracy.

My distractions, aren't the same in nature as those you described, but Im not judging. Football is a great game and people enjoy the heck out of it...what Im saying is a couple lbs. of air total in a ball...+/- an ounce or two, maybe shouldnt command such an astonishing level of media play, when issues that affect us all as a nation (even football players) are afoot. My allusion to overgrown boys was perhaps used in the wrong context to make the point.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

HAHA thats rich.
Its funny a similar thing happens in construction. You can lay an entire wood floor perfectly, only to have it shrink and gap long after its finished because it wasnt stored in a humidity controlled environment...IE. absorb water in a moist atmosphere, cut and lay in a dry atmosphere, suddenly your floor boards are an 1/8th"-1/4" shorter once it acclimates to the new dry environment.

Fill the balls in a warm environment, take em outside in the cold...hmmm yep loss of pressure seems probable.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
In his presser today, Belichick said, "I am not a scientist."

But did you guys know his defensive coordinator, Matt Patricia, actually is an aeronautical engineer?

Hmm, I wonder if he knows a thing or two about atmospheric pressure. LoL!

Anyways....

i.imgur.com...

LOL

You might enjoy this as well then. I thought it funny.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
REAL Scientists are beginning to weigh in on the "science" of deflated footballs that are NOT deliberately tampered with. Guess what? There's NO weather or "natural" explanation for why footballs just deflate on their own:

www.huffingtonpost.com...
DEFLATED FOOTBALLS: MOTHER NATURE DIDN'T DO IT

www.indystar.com...
BILL NYE 'THE SCIENCE GUY' REFUTES BELICHICK'S SHAKY "POP-SCIENCE" OF DEFLATED BALLS

jacksonville.com...
FORMER QB WHO NOW WORKS FOR A FOOTBALL COMPANY, SAYS DEFLATING FOOTBALLS DELIBERATELY CAN BE DONE FAST AND EASY

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

LoL! I saw that - *hilarious*.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

LoL! I saw that - *hilarious*.

I saw that this morning and laughed my butt off.

Belichick: "Since I still have more time up here, let me throw my quarterback under the bus."

LMBO! I lost there and "You can't handle the truth!" LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

A CNN analyst *actually* just said this: "...it's been suggested that a locker room attendant may have taken the balls into a bathroom or closet and done something sinister."

I'm just going to leave that here for dirty minds and/or late night network comedians to run with...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

A CNN analyst *actually* just said this: "...it's been suggested that a locker room attendant may have taken the balls into a bathroom or closet and done something sinister."

I'm just going to leave that here for dirty minds and/or late night network comedians to run with...

Do you honestly think a locker room attendant did something to the balls and Brady or Belichick knew not a thing about it??? Ever? I HAVE to call BS on that one. My guess they're paying him to take the fall so they can focus on going back to the game. I'm sorry as soon as Brady would have held one of those deflated balls he would have known something was off about them. He would have known they weren't set the way they were before the game started, and he can't play the "I'm just a dumb jock." Put a whole new commissioner in who will clean the whole sport up with no cheating from any team, period! If you're team is caught cheating, the whole team is suspended for a year, but if only one member is caught cheating, then just that member should be suspended. JMHO

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Everyone in football gets the ball inflation to where they like it and no one is running around checking all the balls at every game for how much they are inflated so to whine about it in just this instance is silly.

The Patriots did better in the second half with the fully inflated balls, so any chatter that they cheated and won with deflated balls is silly. They are clearly a MUCH better team then the Colts, no matter if the balls are full or not.

This is a non issue.

Not to mention Aaron Rodgers back in week 13 I think (playing AGAINST the Patriots no less) admitted he overinflates the ball all the time and gets away with it.

No one cared. If The colts had deflated balls, no one would care.

People only care because it's the Patriots, and they are the #1 team almost every year and they are jealous sore losers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join