It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, world leaders head to Saudi Arabia to offer condolences

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Yeah. Here it is. Have at it. Who couldn't have predicted this?

Frankly, maybe a visit to Nigeria to offer condolences for the thousands of victims of the Boko Haram massacres rather than flying to Saudi to offer condolences for one dead old despot might be more in order. Bow to the Saudi money and oil and choke on it, you asskissers.

U.S. President Barack Obama will visit Saudi Arabia on Tuesday to meet its new King Salman after the death of his predecessor Abdullah on Friday, testimony to Riyadh's important role in energy markets and the fight against Islamist militancy.

Gag.

Obama will cut short a visit to India to pay his respects instead of Vice President Joe Biden, who had been scheduled to fly in from Washington, the White House said on Saturday.

Muslim leaders paid their respects on Friday at Abdullah's funeral in Riyadh.

Some international human rights groups, meanwhile, have called on Western leaders to condemn Saudi Arabia's record of crushing dissent and depriving women and foreign workers of rights instead of praising its late king. Source

I agree. And I swear I hate this world.

edit on 1/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

suspect the security bill will be terrific especially if ISIS could get themselves into saudi for this guest list of despots all together.

Your point is quite correct in my view and would refer to a lot of other countries where interference from foreign governments has happened recently. However old our leaders get they never learn from their mistakes.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Condolences?? Right!! They want a role in politics there. Also they want them to keep supplying combatants as most groups that the USA are being fought against were created by the USA, Saudi Arabia, Israel. Just another way to rob from them and the USA citizens to make the rich that bribe the gov richer. Now new prime rate decrease for car loans. That will end up like the other forced bubbles ended too. Rob from the average citizen and give to the rich.
edit on 24-1-2015 by roth1 because: Added more comment.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Personally i think i am going to vomit. Offering condolences to a dictaor and tranty with a record of behading innocent people and the smear ill treatment of gay people in Arabia.

At least in Russia you wont hang if ur gay.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Saudi royals are against Western society and values. Western leaders are against Saudi society and their values.

And they all come together through devotion to wealth and power. Hypocrites!!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The King was over 90 years old. They should just have a party and be done with it. I am fairly certain that his family is rather happy about it in many ways.

Why the world leaders have to travel all that way, putting everything else on hold for a ninety year old that died is a bit beyond me.

Was not 'untimely' or 'unexpected' was it now.

But hay, any excuse for a get together. I wonder if Obama is going to be cracking jokes and laughing at this one.

We all die, it is a fact of life.

P

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Your thread title should read:

Obama, world leaders head to Saudi Arabia to bend over

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I agree. Im right there with you. Crap like this makes me sick and sad to be an American.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
How predictably pathetic...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
maybe they can get the princesses freed too?
www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
So, a bunch of people are killed in France, for exercising free speech, and he sends John Kerry, and James Taylor (late, and most likely due to the public reaction of not going at all).

No one is sent to show support for Nigeria, against Boko Haram.

The King of Saudi Arabia (whose family is known to bankroll terrorism in the U.S., and many other places) dies, and he (Obama) drops everything to go pay his respects...

Sounds about par for the course, as far as this guy is concerned.

***EDIT TO ADD***
Someone, please explain to me again, how is Barack Obama NOT an Islamic terrorist sympathizer...
edit on 1/24/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: edited to add

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I can't believe any apparently elected person can even say the word "king" in 2015 without straight up laughing their ass off.

Every time I think of it, I remember the opening of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and think anybody who believes in the legitimacy of a king has to be stupider than a middle-age peasant.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The only significance of his death is this opens the door to releasing the redacted 28 pages from the 911 Report.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
The only significance of his death is this opens the door to releasing the redacted 28 pages from the 911 Report.

Ha! Feel free to hold your breath on that, if you think it will actually answer any of the questions that remain from 9/11. The government is not going to give out anything that goes against the official narrative.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Tool ate to change it.

You know...for just a brief shininig moment, I had hope he wouldn't go.

Then again, they'd probably nuke us or something if he didn't.
edit on 1/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: no typing within two minutes of waking up

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ProfessorChaos

Meh I don't think Boko Haram and Charlie compare. I'm not in the least upset he didn't go to Paris. It bugs me that he's going to SA.

ETA: I don't think he's a Muslim or a terrorist but i certainly think he works for some...those some in the controlling cabal, among whom are probably a few Saudi kings and princes.

edit on 1/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It's a security risk to travel to France with other world leaders, but not a security risk to go to Saudi Arabia with other world leaders? I'm sorry, but just when I think I couldn't be more suprised by this joke of a president, I'm proven wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

The excuse I thought I heard was security and not enough notice. It takes time to move a president.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Not enough notice is nothing more than an excuse. They have the logistical manpower to move the president anywhere he wants to go on a whim.

I apologize if I come across crass, that's not my intent. I really just do not like the priorities of the man that is representing my country.
edit on 1/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Of course they do. And enough security too. But I'm still not concerned he didn't go to Paris.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join