It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Can Now Record Dreams, The Future Of Thought & Dream Manipilation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: LibertyKrueger
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

This may also lead to another capability. Have you ever had a glimps of a future event while you were sleeping? If those images could be captured and somehow differentiated from regular dream images, you might be able to accurately predict future events. It might even be something that you could train your brain to do like lucid dreaming is.

You mean like Minority Report?

edit on 6-6-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I am thinking we can get it to the point where we can all live virtual lives at the same time as we are living our daily lives, likened to a dual mind. One mind does mundane stuff while the other does the lucid dream stuff but both are aware of what the others are doing.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Good stuff, I hope this becomes popular someday!

www.bbc.co.uk...

A US researcher has said he plans to electronically record and interpret dreams.

Writing in the journal Nature, researchers said they have developed a system capable of recording higher-level brain activity.

"We would like to read people's dreams," says the lead scientist Dr Moran Cerf.

The aim is not to interlope, but to extend our understanding of how and why people dream.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I see nothing good coming from this. Dreams...are something highly personal, almost sacred. A sort of last refuge, if you will. From this, I can only imagine: like another poster said, how long until 'they' start persecuting people based on their dreams? If they can implant dreams, then they'd be able to control our minds, to an extent. Also: Leela: Didn't you have ad's in the 20th century?
Fry: Well sure, but not in our dreams. Only on TV and radio. And in magazines. And movies. And at ball games and on buses and milk cartons and t-shirts and written on the sky. But not in dreams. No siree! |

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ian2day
Only last night they were messing around with my dreams via the electronic implant that you cna read about at my blog www.Ian2day.com They were playing a sequence to influence my awakened state. In an attempt to erase my feelings regarding a past trauma.

I think I have experienced something similar but I think I may be experiencing multiple lives, so during the dream state I can sometimes see what the other lives are up to wether computer generated or not. . . .

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Cool information on how this technology is improving!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join