It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public University Faces Backlash Over ‘Problem Of Whiteness’ Course

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I was told to check my white privilege by a fellow white college student the other day. All I had done was explain the difference in the bundy ranch standoof and the new case of NBP open carrying patrolling neighborhoods. I even defended the NBPs rights as long as the particular individualshadnt been threatening or committed any crimes.
I also pointed out he was confusing the black panther party with new black panthers and the kid blew his stack and went on a tirade about me and my white privilege. Colleges are breeding aome crazy thinking.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Oh but I would take this class because it aounds like a good chance to troll a teacher and class.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You had an okay thread going try not to take it off course with your islamaphobia. Israeli Jews kill Muslims just the same and to a greater extent. An Israeli guy ran over a five year old Palestinian girl for the hell of it last year.

And "subset of white" nah.

Also not Muslims as much as Radical islamists and wahabis. I habe plenty of Muslim friends that could care less and arent at all racist.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

Oh but I would take this class because it aounds like a good chance to troll a teacher and class.

I would take the class and say I'm a trans-racial who identifies as half-black, half-white, just like our President.

That would confuse them long enough to let me get an A.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
lol,

clearly people in this thread think they know what "white" means when they don't.

around the beginning of the 19th century, only anglo-saxon (and dutch to some degree) protestants were "white". German immigrants, Irish immigrants, Jewish Immigrants, Slavic Immigrants, Italian immigrants. Each of these was not considered "white" at the beginning of their respective immigration "waves". However they assimilated and became "white".
edit on 24-1-2015 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Jews are one hundred percent not being targeted by this class. I hate posters that make a thread about something and then weasel in their agenda. Genocide by Muslims are you loopy? Israel is committing and honest to god technical by the bpok genocide against the Palestinians.

Why did you even go there in this thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Jews are one hundred percent not being targeted by this class. I hate posters that make a thread about something and then weasel in their agenda. Genocide by Muslims are you loopy? Israel is committing and honest to god technical by the bpok genocide against the Palestinians.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

What's confusinf or incorrect about identifying as half black and half white? Like the president? He is half black half white. I dont get it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Am I understanding this wrong or was this actually a white Yakuza (former?)member?

I was thinking maybe he looked white or something at first.

Great posts on this page by the way.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

To a lot of us Europeans that notice this increasingly public trend of shaming white people Islam is just another piece of a bigger puzzle.

See to us they're capitalizing on this kind of thinking to ideologically prop up massive amounts of mainly muslim immigrants.

They don't want strong independent cultures, they want bland culture, popular culture, postmodern culture.
They don't want a homogenous population. They want to be able to play groups against each other.
Immigrants in Europe serves that very purpose, it's essentially a planned lower class, social engineering on a continental scale.
And with European birthrights being negative in many places they'll have a continually growing population.
Depress wages with low skill workers. Play them against each other.

It's also a ticking time bomb, a future sham the equivalent of the War on Terror. A never ending series of catalysts to use as fit to mould society further for decades to come, muslim immigrants will keep on giving and get ever more brazen.
As will the hard right in Europe. Hate for muslims will probably skyrocket too eventually, potentially culminating in a low scale conflict with the authorities. The warning signs of this type of behaviour is the example of muslim enclaves attacking police, ambulance and other authorities with rocks on sight, enforcing their own rules(Sharia) in their ghettos.

This is also a potential tool for manipulators to clamp down on all kinds of dissent and bring in a police state, should they want to. These clashes of culture will polarize the masses in such a way that it might even serve as wood in the fire for potential geopolitical moves and wars against muslim countries. Maybe even "the big one".

Why we Europeans sometimes bring up Islam when talking about this issue is because to us they're connected in a feedback loop of massive proportions. Make no mistake, this is THE question bar none in Europe and it will decide our future in decades because they'll go from troublesome minorities to swathes of the population in no time.
And what we are seeing, feeling, is a deculturation going on, self-hate, ethnic self-deprecation. Being made to feel like our own culture takes a backseat to foreign cultures in our own land, being demographically replaced essentially. By the actions of our own people nonetheless. It's actually heartbreaking in a sense, because of how utterly detached to this we are, not even cognizant of the seeming madness that lurks behind our everyday mundane life. It's Orwellian.. Twilight Zone creepy almost, the Emperor's New Clothes type of stuff, because it becomes so odious, so obvious after a while that one questions the collective sanity of most people -conspiracy theorist territory.

I even see a lot of whites embrace the idea of the white race disappearing, quietly resigning into oblivion.
Either because "it doesn't matter" or "whites have been a plague on Earth".
I mean what is going on here, what kind of #ed up collective psychological issue is that? All other nations are fiercely ethnic or even tribal without shame. Whites are like some sorry ass ghosts just lingering around waiting to pass to the other side.

It isn't necessarily so much about hate as it is about love, love of your people and of your culture. But it easily becomes hate too, and there's the danger.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I was told to check my white privilege by a fellow white college student the other day. All I had done was explain the difference in the bundy ranch standoof and the new case of NBP open carrying patrolling neighborhoods. I even defended the NBPs rights as long as the particular individualshadnt been threatening or committed any crimes.
I also pointed out he was confusing the black panther party with new black panthers and the kid blew his stack and went on a tirade about me and my white privilege. Colleges are breeding aome crazy thinking.

I would have told him the real deal. They are teaching you that to be a victim. If you keep on about it, it will manifest into the hate you wanted. You're not going to like the end result. So, if you're all done with your pity party, wanna talk about something constructive or do you want to put me on the defensive some more. If you want to go with putting me on the defensive, I'll be sure to school you in reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

No, he just had Yakuza-style ink sleeves up both arms. Tattoos are more accepted in the US, but they will still get you looked at cross-eyed especially in the professional world. So, in the technical sense, he was discriminated against because of the color of his skin (ie the tats).

And yes, he was well aware he was being something of a d***, but he was making a point.

I did the same thing to a certain extent in a similar diversity training. I made my point that a lot of things people will claim as racial discrimination can also be from socio-economic discrimination. I grew up in a small enough town that everyone knew I was dirt poor, and we were treated like we were dirt poor. In a very real sense, for a lot of the questions they asked, we got treated the same way for being poor.

edit on 24-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

your entire post about it being in Arizona is racist.

Eww. Contamination from reading too many recent racist posts/threads? I really must remember to double-check who is the author is before I click on a thread.

BTW -- which race is it I am discriminating against?

It's exactly what the title says it is.

And you know this from the guesses and opinions on your link?

And what exactly is an "ethnic" college?

If you need guidance, maybe this will help: www.ethniccollegecounselingcenter.org...

ETA: I truly am convinced there is no such thing as a "race bashing class" at any University in the U.S. I've been in some of those classes, and the goal is always to encourage students to understand the other groups. I have also participated in the exercises such as everybody stands, and the questions are asked "have you ever been discriminated because you are: (black, white, female, male, gay, not gay, your age, whatever.) It goes on and on, until nobody is left standing. It's intended to bring people together, not push them apart.

edit on 1/24/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Here's the cliff notes on the future.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

You know there is a happy medium of change before we reach some fictional story society.

edit on thSat, 24 Jan 2015 20:18:29 -0600America/Chicago120152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

You know there is a happy medium of change before we reach some fictional story society.

We're already half way there. We're 1984 and a Brave New World rolled into one. That change you were talking about has been changing for a while now. It's not overnight. The alarm is there. Art imitates life. Perpetual wars are real. Double think is real. Morals are on the way out. Orgy Orgy! You keep on thinking there's no problem and it's all a fictional society.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaitingETA: I truly am convinced there is no such thing as a "race bashing class" at any University in the U.S.

Seriously?

Try talking to some students who take the class and were offended by it.

Or try talking to college students at any major university.

Or try reading through the text books assigned by the professor for White Racism class.

By the way, you're link to "help me" understand what an "ethnic" university is didn't help much.

It's a university for "all ethnicities?"

What does that even mean? Why even designate it as an "ethnic" college then?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Jews are white. Or at least I know a lot of Jews who think of themselves as white. Is that ok with you?

The class is about white racism.

Why is it important for you to talk about posters on ATS who you hate?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Arizona St. University now offers a course called "The Problem of Whiteness."

Student James Malone raises this issue:

Student James Malone told Campus Reform that such a course “shows the significant double standard of higher education institutions,” noting that the school “would never allow a class talking about the problem of blackness.”

Source

Simple question:

Is it racist to offer a course called "The Problem of Whiteness?"

Would it be racist if the course was called, "The Problem of Blackness?"

Would you take out a student loan so you could take this course?

No it is not racist because racism is institutionalized. Whiteness is an institutionalized problem and something that people of color should be made aware of (as though they already aren't)

Would it be racist if the course was called, "The Problem of Blackness?" Absolutely.

Would you take out a student loan so you could take this course? Absolutely.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

We also have soma, too. What else is legal pot?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join