It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens of Dogs Possibly Stolen In Wise County Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Stolen dogs are sometimes sold to research labs. It's an excellent reason to have your dog microchipped. A microchip is absolute evidence that a dog is owned and a lab caught with one is in big trouble. But, of course, like children, dogs should never be left unsupervised. They're vulnerable to attack by other dogs and wild animals, theft, poisoning, etc..

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The first question I would have, is this: Are the animals fixed?

If the animals are not fixed, then that would cause them to go running and roaming around.

The problem with Wise county Texas, is that there is alot of open plains and areas, that surround the city of Decatur, and it is all rural areas. It is not uncommon to go to some parts, and find live stock running around, cattle, horses and goats. There is a major freeway that goes and transects through Decatur, and ultimately it is now something to give thought on. To my knowledge there are no food trucks and mostly it is quiet.

The question should be are these animals being picked up, and if so, by whom and for what purpose. Most dogs, when they run, tend to come home, if they are not hit by vehicles. There have been no reports of roaming animals in that area.

The other thing that I would like to know is if Peta has been in the area.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Could be a person who is on the road to being a cereal killer.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
The first question I would have, is this: Are the animals fixed?

If the animals are not fixed, then that would cause them to go running and roaming around.

The problem with Wise county Texas, is that there is alot of open plains and areas, that surround the city of Decatur, and it is all rural areas. It is not uncommon to go to some parts, and find live stock running around, cattle, horses and goats. There is a major freeway that goes and transects through Decatur, and ultimately it is now something to give thought on. To my knowledge there are no food trucks and mostly it is quiet.

The question should be are these animals being picked up, and if so, by whom and for what purpose. Most dogs, when they run, tend to come home, if they are not hit by vehicles. There have been no reports of roaming animals in that area.

The other thing that I would like to know is if Peta has been in the area.

What about the two dogs that were in fenced in yards? The great dane and the pit bull? Unless they were previous escape artists, I have a hard time believing they got out on their own. That tells me someone opened the fence to let them out and closed the fence back up. I can see a dog opening it maybe, but closing it too?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You can take my Fido but keep yo hands off my pussy!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Dog Fighting?

More than 40 dogs have vanished from a North Texas county over the past two months, leaving behind no clues in a mystery that's devastated their owners.

Several years ago I had a pair of Shepherds stolen off their chains at the farm, as did several of my neighbors over the course of a few months.

The only thing that all of these animal thefts had in common was the appearance of a windowless Ford panel van. These are the same panel vans that Boehringer Ingelheim, a nearby animal pharmacological research center, owned.

Just thought I'd toss my personal experience.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: Anyafaj
Dog Fighting?

More than 40 dogs have vanished from a North Texas county over the past two months, leaving behind no clues in a mystery that's devastated their owners.

Several years ago I had a pair of Shepherds stolen off their chains at the farm, as did several of my neighbors over the course of a few months.

The only thing that all of these animal thefts had in common was the appearance of a windowless Ford panel van. These are the same panel vans that Boehringer Ingelheim, a nearby animal pharmacological research center, owned.

Just thought I'd toss my personal experience.

I'm sorry your dogs were stolen. I can imagine that must have been very upsetting at that time. I know it would have been for me.

I wouldn't doubt animal research as another option. If so whether it be animal research or fighting, I truly feel for these animals and their owners.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj
This is why I am thinking that it may be PETA. PETA, does stuff like that. But it is hard to tell, as it is in a rural area, and not a whole lot goes on out there.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One of the missing dogs is a Great Dane. I don't think a Dane would make for a good bait dog.
I had a Dane that got into it with a neighbor's pit.
He wrung that pit out like a wet rag.
I broke them up before my dog killed the other, but, no...I wouldn't expect someone to use a Dane for a baiter.
Just for the record it was not a "dog fighting" situation. The other dog got in my yard and attacked mine.
edit on 24-1-2015 by skunkape23 because: added

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
There is another thing it could be.

Where i live there is a law on the books that feral dogs bothering livestock may be shot on sight.

That means any dog that enters your property.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Muslims in my area like to steal dogs. We have a mosque at the end of my street. I caught a one trying to steal my dog. I've also seen them trying to steal other peoples dogs.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Muslims in my area like to steal dogs. We have a mosque at the end of my street. I caught a one trying to steal my dog. I've also seen them trying to steal other peoples dogs.

Pesky Muslims. I have the same problem with Christains in my area stealing cats. Gotta love how you can inject a little anti-Islam rhetoric into a thread about missing dogs.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I doubt that. Strict Muslims consider dogs to be unclean and won't even touch them. Trying to stir up a little hate?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As someone who has rescued dogs for years, this doesn't add up with any pattern that I've ever seen. If dogs are being stolen for dog fighting, they are almost exclusively pit bulls. If dogs are stolen to be sold, they are almost exclusively young purebreds. I've definitely never heard of a case where so many dogs have been stolen (or 'gone missing') in such a short amount of time, and I'm in a large metropolitan area. And yes, if it was some kind of animal attack, there would most likely be evidence. Unless, of course, it's a bird of prey carrying off a tiny dog....Which obviously is not the case here. I'm very concerned about this issue. Poor dogs and families, regardless of what specifically is happening.

As far as the bait dog issue goes - my pit bull was taken once as a bait dog. He had gotten loose and was taken, he didn't work out as a fighting dog, so he was used as a bait dog, then shot. Miraculously, he was found and lived. Again, it's almost exclusively pits (at least in my area in the Midwest) because they can be used for either purpose. If a dog doesn't work out as a fight dog, then they can use them as a bait dog. Typically, these animals are not stolen out of fenced in yards or anything like that. It's too easy to get caught and not worth it, since you can find tons of dogs ready to be euthanized at the local pound that are free or very cheap for the taking. It sounds disgusting, and that's because it is. Often, the dogs are found shredded or shot in the street.
edit on 26-1-2015 by Moana because: response to the bait dog idea.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join