It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detroit - Muslim Woman Sues Because She Had to Remove Her Head Scarf During Booking

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This muslim woman lashed out in anger and shame. She attempted to bully law enforcement with threats. It is a game of my "pop" can whip your "pop". How far are we willing to let this go>

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
If her face isn't covered, why should she have to remove her headscarf?

Full mug shot needed. That would include hair style and color etc.
Side note .. if she's being booked .. things can be hidden in the scarf.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Why couldn't cops ask a female officer to take her photo instead of a male?

I'm not muslim, and I can assure any authority that I certainly would never remove any part of my clothing in the presence of a male if I don't feel comfortable with it. I wouldn't remove as much as a shoelace!

They could have accommodated her by asking a female cop to do it. There was no justifiable reason to antagonize this lady in this way. I hope she wins.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

I don't know about "winning", changing the law seems a poor solution to me, but it's never a mistake to be "courteous".

Let a female officer take the photo, and stop the hoop-lah.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

If her face isn't covered, why should she have to remove her headscarf?

Full mug shot needed. That would include hair style and color etc.
Side note .. if she's being booked .. things can be hidden in the scarf.

I do understand that I am being "soft" on this.

One thing we don't know is why her license was suspended in the first place. She could have a police record.

I guess it really should be a hard, black and white rule for everyone. But, should she have the right of a woman police officer?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If her face isn't covered, why should she have to remove her headscarf? Unless it's a full strip search.

I am adament on covered faces. I will never support that, religion or otherwise.

But, it doesn't say her face was covered. Does it?

When people get a mug-shot taken, they are supposed to be without anything covering their face or head which includes scarfs & hats... even glasses in some cases! The same as when you get your passport photo taken.

Why should this woman not have to abide by what everyone else has to?

A moment of weakness on my part.

And as an atheist, it wasn't for religious sympathy. Guess I was just in an agreeable mood.

I was w-w-w-wrong

edit on 24-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

But, should she have the right of a woman police officer?

Yes. Unless the officers present think there is a situation that they are in danger, females should be able to request female officers. IMHO.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
She probably got beaten and battered by her Muslim family when they seen her mugshot without a scarf on so she has to sue to prove to them it was beyond her control so they won't beat her anymore.

It's what the dark ages look like in the 21st century.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: catt3
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree with you, If these people can't abide by the laws of this country then get the F out.

The law is the law we all have to follow regardless of religion. By living in any state or country you accept to abide by law...PERIOD. If you break the law, you have to follow the punishment and rules of law regardless what your faith or religion tells you otherwise. If you believe more in your religion than in law, go live in the jungle where there is no real law. Do as you please there.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join