It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth is in countless Mars pics. It's time to wise up.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
The Juventae Chasma / mars mining operation picture with rectangle reminds me of another location on Mars: Hebes Chasma, also in the Valles Marinaris.

Hebes, like Juventae, also has a rectangular "cut out" portion. Fascinating too, there appears to be black "liquid" that is flowing and pooling into this rectangular area, and is the subject of a fascinating blog called oilonmars.

Im not even going to attempt to link pics and such because Im sure Ill mess up. Just google Hebes oil on mars for the pics.

The two rectangular areas might make for an interesting visual comparison.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Nice find Marian Landed!

Title Hebes Chasma mesa Released 10/10/2013 11:00 am Copyright ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum) Description The details of the central mesa inside Hebes Chasma are seen in close-up detail in this perspective view. A horseshoe-shaped chunk has been taken out of one side of the mound (left in this image); the material has slumped down onto the floor of the valley below. A dark patch appears to pool like spilt ink across the debris. It is most likely loose material that has slid down the walls from an intermediate layer. Melted ice could have played a role by weakening the rocks to create its flow-like appearance. Along the side of the mound fine horizontal layering is seen. The layers likely comprise a mix of wind-blown dust and ancient lake sediments, along with remnants of the older plateau.

Hebes Chasma

Hebes Chasma Other View

ETA: Black lake sediments? Sounds organic to me.
edit on 24-1-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comment

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Strebor

Whether or not Mars has or had life on it is still yet to be determined, but looking at the clear cut evidence of flowing water and possibly even oceans as recent as a 100 million years ago, one has to believe there was life at one point there.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
The more man searches, the more evidence we find that Mars was once a lot like Earth. ALOT like Earth! Oceans, lakes, organics, hell even right now there are parts of Mars that are warmer than parts of Canada. 

Alternately, on Earth the more we search the more we discover how various and strange life can really be. From life in volcanic depths and nuclear reactors, to electric bacteria that eat pure electrons, to the rapidly-becoming-reality of machines smarter than ourselves. Life is getting harder to define.

In my lifetime I truly believe humanity will discover and create amazing things on Mars; with pioneers like Musk pushing the envelope.

Earth and Mars are on a collision course. Our paths are intertwined. It excites me massively. We live in an amazing time.

Mars will inevitably be the second planet, after Earth, that man leaves his footsteps.

Gut-wise, I think, it's going to be way weirder (and awesom-er) than anyone has yet thunk.  

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I certainly find your theory interesting, but without some kind of evidence to back it up, how can you be so sure they really aren't just rocks?

I agree that life is out there, but not Mars. Maybe at one time..

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

All I see are a whole lot of people who don't believe in conspiracies congregating on a conspiracy website, and it includes many who own and work for the site. That is more like the definition of irony.

NASA lies often just like the Air force office of special investigations lies. Blue-book is the proof. Colonel Blanchard was proof.

Ridicule and the threat of ridicule is why the bandwagon claiming it is all rocks are so outspoken on a site which claims to support conspiracies.

Sociology 101 exposes it all.

These sociological patterns matter a lot more than any actual Mars anomalies in exposing irregularities in the history of these image releases.

Most miss this issue because they are paying more attention to the rocks and what everyone is saying about the rocks.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

All I see are a whole lot of people who don't believe in conspiracies congregating on a conspiracy website, and it includes many who own and work for the site. That is more like the definition of irony.

NASA lies often just like the Air force office of special investigations lies. Blue-book is the proof. Colonel Blanchard was proof.

Ridicule and the threat of ridicule is why the bandwagon claiming it is all rocks are so outspoken on a site which claims to support conspiracies.

Sociology 101 exposes it all.

These sociological patterns matter a lot more than any actual Mars anomalies in exposing irregularities in the history of these image releases.

Most miss this issue because they are paying more attention to the rocks and what everyone is saying about the rocks.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
interesting thread.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think there are many interesting things in the mars rover images.

However, I also think it's pretty clear that the response of the disinformation forces has been to flood the subject with loads of false reports of anomalies in the images, in order to discredit the real items of interest by lumping them together with the "loony" misidentifications of what to any reasonable person are just rocks or other clearly natural objects.

This is going on with Lunar Anomolies and UFO images/videos as well.

You don't need such a massive disinformation effort if there is nothing truly of note that one needs to cover up. The problem now is separating signal from noise and making the clear differentiation between true anomalies and all the false candidates flooding the internet.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Belief in conspiracy theories is not required for membership or discussion.

I don't have to accept your line of reasoning just because its a conspiracy themed site.

If all you want is people who believe every bit of BS that shows up on a conspiracy forum without evidence then you have come to the wrong place.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

don't believe in conspiracy theory eh ? nah, nor me, for conspiracy not to be true you would have to have an empty planet , seriously though , the dial on the planet would have to read population 00000 etc , I mean what type of people in this day and age would group together and lie... not on this planet !

funbox

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Your sarcasm actually makes my argument.

For that you get a star.

You can't assume that conspiracy theories are truthful just because it isn't the "official story".

More so than anything else, I believe in scientific investigation.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

why star me when the basis of your argument is wrong

It comes down to the fact that these images have lots of compression errors because they are being sent millions of miles across space where solar radiation and cosmic rays can interfere. Couple that with shadows, winds, debris on the camera and a whole host of other issues.

lots of compression errors? because of being sent across space ? , show me more than ten that you could point out. as for compression errors caused by cosmic ray strikes , well , speaks about your understanding of what compression artifacts are, which are caused from reducing a files sized by a predetermined algorithm , as we see delivered from J.P.L, their method uses jPEGS, which are not verifiable . unlike RAW files which are less tamperable.. I digress

as for debris on the camera, well I've not come across that yet, as supposedly the wind can only lift 2 microns... unless you have a microscope , 2 micros wouldn't even show up as any type of visible marking. especially when you factor in focus, which would utterly blur out two microns which , wouldn't even register, even, in focus...... *not even on a macro setting*

your arguments so far lack substance

funbox

edit on 30-1-2015 by funbox because: added wolf meat

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Classic pareidolia.
edit on 30.1.2015 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Beautiful sulphate mountain, no glacier. And you might know how it is with wind and the varying density of matter? There was maybe softer material accumulated in that area and got draged away from the wind.
Also you maybe noticed the colours are all a bit odd? The green is just the absence of light in an environment with very little atmosphere. Or "shadow" if you excuse the mondane expression.
And the fence thing is probably remains of formerly mentioned softer material out of the mountain.

@all Aliens, or signs of civilisation believers on Mars: Why? How? Are they born there? Or what is it exactly you think you see and what do you believe where that is coming from?
Just curious.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopFridayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm guessing you're having issues extrapolating information.

The rate of compression will in fact create errors but not all the time. Errors in compression can be compounded by fragmentation due to a. The distance. b. charged particles. c. natural radio emissions. and a whole host of other issues.

Lastly my argument is not about compression errors. Its about what you and I are willing to believe.

Apparently compression errors, light and shadow effects, and radiation noise is enough to make you believe that the OP has any credibility at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

wrong again , if there's are any errors in the file during transit ,the corrupted chunks get re-downloaded , never heard of error checking before ?, its what makes file transfer possible

look it up , if the files incomplete , you get big black chunky blocks all over the mars pictures , terrible
they never stay like that for long though so I cant give you an example

error checking see

funbox

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A business Ban Aleister , yes indeed , what business I do not know? but She's not been tempted to lay the ban hammer, so im having to have to ban you again dear Aleister , for not knowing the phrase

'no kitty ,its a bad kitty'

tweakedbox

ed , ill leave it here just for synchronistic amusement

edit on 30-1-2015 by funbox because: microfantastic wolves play miniture golf

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Belief in conspiracy theories is not required for membership or discussion.

I don't have to accept your line of reasoning just because its a conspiracy themed site.

If all you want is people who believe every bit of BS that shows up on a conspiracy forum without evidence then you have come to the wrong place.

You misread my post. My point was those who already have their minds made up and hide behind science, but never use real science to support their position, and that position has no room for conspiracies of any kind are what we see here often. It doesn't mean you have must believe in anything either way. The social aspects that are always detectable in responses can expose bias and show the real intent of people. I don't mind whatever you believe though. Each to their own.

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Did it ever occur to anyone (sorry, didn't read the whole thread) that the reason why the photos are weird and full of odd 'lifelike artifacts' is that .. they have been FAKED in a STUDIO?

(Or on an Earth desert somewhere)

NASA's official stories (like pretty much all 'official stories') are full of contradictions, implausibilities, falsehoods, and smoke and mirrors. They have never proven anything, except that they DEFINITELY did not set foot on the moon in 1969 (at least by using the methods they claimed to have done so with).

The whole Mars-landing stuff is also filled with completely dubious and suspicious stuff, just like all their fake moonlanding-crap. Parachutes in the thin atmosphere on Mars? What color is the sky on Mars (so many pics, so many inconsistencies)? Etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did all that crap on purpose just to see how far they could push the hoaxes before anyone starts wising up.The apeeple (ape + sheeple) of this planet are INCREDIBLY gullible and weak when it comes to 'official stories' and 'official sources'!

Some lone nut on the internet telling the truth will get sheeple to full "ban him/her!" + "insult him/her"-mode (like happened to someone, who dared question the official propaganda story about Fukushima on another CONSPIRACY site..).

.. but when a NAZI organization (NASA was born out of Project Paperclip, which means Nazis) tells huge lies, everyone blindly believes, applauses, cheers and opens their minds and wallets!

Just how hopelessly indoctrinated, conditioned and brainwashed are the masses? It's a scary thought. Where is the limit to the cleanliness of their brains? Isn't there a dirty spot among them anymore?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join