It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Jesus Christ Look like? shaved face/ clean cut or bearded and Long haired ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Hi Dear galadofwarththird,

I think , it is quite clear that in spite of all the multiple popular representations of Jesus Christ, there is his actual physical aspect, the one that identifies him uniquely in History. That is the look i was referring to , when I opened this thread.

Until know in the serious discussion of Historic evidences we have arrived to some important conclusions:

1) Jesus was likely to use beard and also relatively long hair, there is nothing in the correct and serious interpretation of the scriptures that prevent or forbid it.
2) Jesus was Likely to be olive skinned, white tanned or with the reddish tone that is characterized in many red haired people.
3) Jesus Hair was waved or curled and it turns out from many Historic descriptions that he was either auburn , blond or brunet.
4) His eyes could be hazel of blue with something else, or either grey , green or honey.
5) He must have some athletic or fit body, since his profession , to be a carpenter, is extremely demanding in physical work.
6) The historic Jesus was a Semitic man, so he most exhibit characteristics that at least are present in some way in people of the ethnic group he belonged to, so he couldn't have Asian aspect, African one or Native American one.

Thanks for your comments,

The Angel of Lightness

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 1/28/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

Jesus wore a fake beard and fake moustache so He can preach the Gospel without discrimination because He is a She.

No product of virgin birth can be a male, it's either that or virgin birth never happened or the Holy Spirit is absolutely a male.

That's how She easily resisted the "advances" of the beautiful Mary Magdalene.

edit on 29-1-2015 by johndeere2020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020

Dear Johndeere2020,

I think you are wrong, this is not the the forum in ATS or BTS for jokes.

It is materially impossible for anybody that is executed in the way it was Jesus Christ to fake gender, he was practically naked when he died in the cross, with all his anatomy perfectly and clearly exposed.

About the rest of your funny reply, there is nothing in Genetics that support such a claim. How do you expect that somebody is going to eat such statements?

Please be sure that you are sober before to post again.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I think you are wrong, this is not the the forum in ATS or BTS for jokes.

Cool to see someone else who remembers BTS. :-)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: johndeere2020
Now that's a theory right there, its better then my pirate Jesus one. But I think fake beards were not invented till a few thousand years latter...Just saying, it would be pretty hard for a female to pull it off in those days. But then again, I think on some things they were equal, for instance shaving was not invented till some time later also. I could be most of the women in that century had mustaches and beards when they got up there in age. Basically there legs and everything was just as hairy as the men at the least. Now imagine that.

Cool theory bro! One of the most entertaining ones I have come across in years.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Hair wise it would have been short.

In 1 Corinthians 11 its clear that long hair on a man was/is a disgrace. Simple

Regards

posted on Feb, 20 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Dear Prezbo369,

One of the reasons for which this phenomenon of the light or Media Christianism that has taken gradually the scene in America is going so far is precisely since the level of serious study of the truly sources about Christ is so vague, almost exclusively existent among only the scholars of Universities or Colleges.

When I decided to open this thread about the physical appearance of the Historic Jesus Christ was precisely to uncover this so paradoxical situation, that a lot of people that supposedly believe to be Christian or to has spent considerable part of their lives following Christ are not even aware about that there are indeed a lot of Historic accounts, coming from verifiable and reliable sources of that epoch, like official records of the Roman authorities or History books written by people of that epoch, that provide a very clear description of how Jesus looked like.

The great problem here is that there also the obsession to constraint the knowledge about Jesus, his work , his teachings, his life to just what the scriptures contained in the standard Bible says. That is the really relevant and central part of the discourse of those religious sectarian movements, they are not really interested in to follow Christ, from an objective research on his legacy, but into praise a book, moreover a very a carefully prepared and adapted specific translation of it, that was censored word by word, with many imprecisions and even expurgations, to be sure that anything on their gospels and other sacred books versions is in order to support ideas that are not necessarily what originally was preached by Jesus or his apostles, but "their own truths".

They don't accept new revisions of the old King James translation, they don't even accept translations done at present word by word from originals that were even not at hand in the time of that old English translation, like the dead sea scrolls found in 1947.

They also claim that the Bible, all their version of it, is the word of God, when even a precise translation of that collection of writings include an extremely diverse set of books: Chronicles of kings, census of population , poems, and Hebrew literature in general, that has few to do with what God has ever said to anybody. Even the prophet Ezekiel prevents us that the commands of God were distorted and mixed with myths belonging to other cultures of middle east in such a way that by his time Israel believed in a lot of things that were never taught by God.

A lot of those media evangelists claim that all we must be prepared for the day of the lord to come, for the great rapture and for his second coming in majesty and Glory, but they are perfectly unable to even describe how the real Jesus look like physically, so to whom they are waiting for? how could their followers be sure that they are going even able to identify successfully Jesus coming again to this world? how they can be sure that they will not confuse a fake Messiah with the authentic one? are they really receiving good information on what they look for? or are they mere blind people following other blind people?

That is my worry and my concerns, that if Jesus Appears anytime he will not be even recognized by the people that have profited a lot using without paying really royalties his own trade mark along decades of Media fundamentalist Christian Marketing that have created some of the most powerful corporations of regional TV in the country.

Thanks for your comment,

The Angel of Lightness

New American Standard Bible
St. Matthew 7:22-23 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.

edit on 2/20/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
You wanna know? Well here you are then...

Link 1 :: Link 2

Welcome to Tribulation, and may the Lord hath mercy on your souls.

posted on Feb, 23 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: drevill

Be careful with the notorious low quality translations of the bible you are reading, something I can infer from your so wrong comment. What St Paul said is that it is not proper to attend the temple with the hair falling on the face , if you are a male, that is far different than to say what you have claimed.

This is the reason for which Jesus and all the Rabbis have used long hair in all times , there are many that still do so in our days, they curl their hair to fall on the sides of the head or they use a kind of pony tail.

It is absolute absurd that being Paul of Tarsus a Jewish since born would write a comment that contradicts even the rituals of his own religion, so only who is navigating in complete ignorance on the topic may think that the point was long hair.

Now, not only the Rabbis used the hair long but also all the ones that had vow of Nazirite, like Goliat for instance, who was invested of extraordinary force due to it. Believe me, he was not embarrassed at all to use long hair, to the contrary.

Regards,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/23/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Sorry you are incorrect, what it says is not to make a circle of your hair. See Leviticus. Paul certainly did not fear to address traditions as you put it. In fact he was quite vocal at times against them.

Regards

posted on Apr, 19 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: drevill

Dear Drevill,

Here I am afraid that we are talking probably about to different statements that are in the Bible.

One is the one you are mentioned that certainly is mentioned in Leviticus, about certain hair cut that is not allowed to be used by the Hebrews, cutting the hair in round, and the paragraph coming from St Paul 1 Corinthians, in which supposedly he is saying that the males can't use long hair at all.

If what you try to say is that you suspect that the comments of St Paul refers to that prohibition contained in Leviticus, I don't see clearly the connection.

Why he never mentioned the cut in round or in circle for instance in the beard?

Leviticus 19:27.
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.

There are some Christians, in particular the ones that belong to the Orthodox or Eastern rites, that affirm that the prohibition of Leviticus refer to shave the head, the top of it,

orthodoxinfo.com...

Other researchers suggest that in Corinth, the city of the famous letter of St Paul, there as some social code that was in use by the people in sexual misconduct, and his comments were written just to be valid in that context.

metalforjesus.org...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 4/19/2015 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join