It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBCBLK....NBC specifically to report on Black interests?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
There are liberal channels, conservative channels, Latino channels, women's channels, all geared toward their demographics. Why not one geared toward black people? I doubt media outlets are trying to create division. More likely, they're trying to create more money...
Then you certainly wouldn't be opposed to FOXWHT would you? A Fox news outlet focusing on issues and news pertaining specifically to white folks?

That's already the reality at Fox..

So, that doesn't really make any sense.

~Tenth

what are other people of color or race that may like to watch fox news, uncle tom's,chin's, jesus's, apu's or habib's?
being a conservative , doesn't mean just white folks, there are many of all colors and believe it or not even people that live a different lifestyle than most conservatives still can have conservative views.
edit on 23-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The Black culture is enslaving itself with self imposed chains that they can only break free from. The only thing holding the Black person down.......Look inward not outward.

I have a better idea maybe we should judge the caliber of the race by what this news feels is newsworthy for a Black person...........YA.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

There are liberal channels, conservative channels, Latino channels, women's channels, all geared toward their demographics. Why not one geared toward black people? I doubt media outlets are trying to create division. More likely, they're trying to create more money...
Then you certainly wouldn't be opposed to FOXWHT would you? A Fox news outlet focusing on issues and news pertaining specifically to white folks?

~Tenth
Fox is most certainly a Conservative news network, but a whites only network? Far from it. Though, I do understand you were being sarcastic.

Maybe half Sarcastic.

Honestly, Fox doesn't really represent a wide variety of viewpoints in it's coverage. This is somewhat proven by it's vierwship.

Also an awesome Pew Study From 2012 regarding a lot of things in the media.

Fox knows exactly what market it caters to and unlike the other ones, won't change to pull more in. That's perhaps a good thing, perhaps a bad thing, but half of all Fox viewers are 68 and over.

~Tenth

edit on 1/23/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

~Tenth
Fox is most certainly a Conservative news network, but a whites only network? Far from it. Though, I do understand you were being sarcastic.

Maybe half Sarcastic.

Honestly, Fox doesn't really represent a wide variety of viewpoints in it's coverage. This is somewhat proven by it's vierwship.

[Picture Snipped by Railgun]

Also an awesome Pew Study From 2012 regarding a lot of things in the media.

Fox knows exactly what market it caters to and unlike the other ones, won't change to pull more in. That's perhaps a good thing, perhaps a bad thing, but half of all Fox viewers are 68 and over.

~Tenth

Demographics certainly don't lie, but it's not marketed as an all white news network, I guess that's what I was trying to say.
edit on 23-1-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: Snipped out picture for formatting

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Oh big deal...

The only way this can cause division is if it's being perpetuated by those who feel this is some sort of affront to their sensibilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

it's not marketed as an all white news network, I guess that's what I was trying to say

Absolutely right about that. Which is the weird part. Nobody actively markets themselves as a (insert label here) type service, unless they ONLY cater to that specific demographic.

Seems counter-intuitive to do so on NBC, considering how much news they already produce etc.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
I just see these separations as causing more of a rift since they are alienating viewership immediately, yet stating their goal is to bring people together to understand a culture.

They aren't alienating MY viewership. I would suggest the only viewers they're alienating are the ones who aren't interested in black identity, politics, and culture. The fact that ESPN exists doesn't mean they're alienating me. I'm just not interested in sports. My choice.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I just see these separations as causing more of a rift since they are alienating viewership immediately, yet stating their goal is to bring people together to understand a culture.

They aren't alienating MY viewership. I would suggest the only viewers they're alienating are the ones who aren't interested in black identity, politics, and culture. The fact that ESPN exists doesn't mean they're alienating me. I'm just not interested in sports. My choice.
I'm certainly not opposed to the network, I really have no problem with it really. I'm just afraid people will start calling other people racist if they don't watch NBCBLK.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Oh wait, that would be called racism.

No, that would be called FOX News.

But to answer your question, no, I wouldn't be opposed to it at all. I'm kind of fond of freedom.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
I think this bothers some because all of the other news channels pander to all people..

Not really. FOX panders to older, conservatives, while MSNBC panders to younger, diverse, liberals. The CBN panders to Christians and the Children's News Network panders to children.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No attention because, I guess...if your not black, why would you care?

I used to think they were contributing to the divide with these tactics, but since Ferguson, I think its just that they're taking advantage of the divide to make money. Everything, politics included, is a business plan, don't you know.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I'm certainly not opposed to the network, I really have no problem with it really. I'm just afraid people will start calling other people racist if they don't watch NBCBLK.

They'll call the people that don't watch it racist anyway. Problem is, its such an overused term, it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Do they call people racist for not watching BET?
Do they call people homophobic for not watching LOGO?
Do they call people sexist for not watching Oprah?

Why be afraid of what people call you, anyway?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I want to do my part on helping the black community. Chris Rock is known in the black communities and I would like to post a training video he made. This should be required watching. It may even save lives.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join