It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun found on MARS. Literally!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well not a smoking gun, but a gun; nonetheless. Astronomers have found what appears to be a gun in a Curiosity Rover image. It could be a natural formation but with the amount of found items that appear to be fashioned or crafted by some form of intelligence leads me to believe that at least some of the objects in question aren't mere natural occurrences. The mere layout of some of the pictures of Mars appear to be the remnants of some type of explosion; scattered about in a debris field. Well, have a look and be your own judge(s), ATS.

“I was actually looking for signs of water in this area when I stumbled on this gun artifact just feet away from the Curiosity Rover. When I zoomed in, I was amazed [to] see that it even has what looks like a small trigger and guard in front of the robust looking handle and the proportions are bang on. lol.”
Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

If there is or was life on Mars then why is NASA trying so hard to hide it?

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Rather odd .. if it was an advanced society .. why use flintlocks ?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

obvious rock is obvious

heres a clue - why is EVERYTHING thats claimed to be " found " on mars strictly anthropomorphic ??????????

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you look at the raw image it's a rock , the only way it looks like a pistol is when it's highlighted which is why it's highlighted.
Original Image

edit on 23-1-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Why must we always assume that an alien artifact would remotely resemble anything made by a human? I would venture to guess that we could walk right by an artifact on Mars and not even realize its significance.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Whatever that is it looks totally out of place where it is. I am fascinated with Mars because on the odd times I look at threads about it, there seem to be things that look man/made. I can't help thinking about the Indian scriptures where they claim to have travelled into space. Who knows, from what we keep seeing, perhaps they did. I rather think that if anyone visited Mars it would be from Earth and not from an alien planet otherwise they would have simp;ly headed on down to earth surely?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm a believer, butbut this is funny.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ha ha , it looks like a walrus baculum.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
On first read, when I saw it was a flintlock pistol I started laughing to myself that an advanced civilization that could travel to Mars would have used Ray Guns or something more high tech. Then I realized maybe they didn't travel there, but 'grew up' there like we grew up on earth.

The more and more of these rock photos that look at that look like other objects, the more and more I wonder.

If only I could get there and spend a week with a shovel...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Uhm, I thought Women were from Venus not Mars?

This object is about five to eight inches long and looks very much like

Ok bad Joke, but one thing is for certain: Its amazing the amount of people that are out there actively looking for the smoking gun.

edit on 00131America/ChicagoFri, 23 Jan 2015 12:00:38 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Has anyone located a Mast cam image of it? Look for the area not just on Sol 785.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

That was my initial thought as well! But, no one says they had to be an advanced civilization!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

According to Metro, an amateur astronomer noticed the presumed pistol on Mars. Joe White is a space video journalist and runs the YouTube channel ArtAlienTV.

'a space video journalist' - that's one way of putting it

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Even if it was in fact a gun with no question to it I still would have trouble thinking it was from Mars.
I 'd still think it was from Earth but was part of an Alien abduction perhaps.
Mars could be the booty split up place for those pesky Pirate Aliens. I'm waiting for all the Missing planes and ships to be found there.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Rather odd .. if it was an advanced society .. why use flintlocks ?

I ccould just look like a flintlocks shape. Aliens versus predator springs to mind. But if you wanna go with flint locks. Remember in Predator 2? when the Predator chief gives danny glover a flintlock?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Can we not use the word "literally" when things aren't LITERALLY what you are saying they are?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OMG that's horrible. Highly unlikely. And as a side note you mentioned Mars looking like there were huge explosions scattering debris everywhere. You may want to look into this theory. It explains what we see way better than the marble-mouthed speculations we hear from mainstream science. www.youtube.com...

edit on 23-1-2015 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It is odd and, in my opinion, requires a few more closeups from different angles to see what it is. It looks artificial to me, but...I don't see it as a Gun. The image we have is inconclusive. No way to tell what it really is with what we have. Don't label it a gun!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Why must we always assume that an alien artifact would remotely resemble anything made by a human? I would venture to guess that we could walk right by an artifact on Mars and not even realize its significance.

From my point of view, if there was ever an advanced civilization on Mars, they would had something in common with humans or animals (i.e. tools, structures, bones, etc). I think although it's very unlikely, it does make sense to look for those types of things if one believes there was such life on Mars.

IMO, it's more likely the best we'll find is a tadpole fossil or something like that... which would be amazing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bottleslingguy
OMG that's horrible. Highly unlikely. And as a side note you mentioned Mars looking like there were huge explosions scattering debris everywhere. You may want to look into this theory. It explains what we see way better than the marble-mouthed speculations we hear from mainstream science. www.youtube.com...

Thank you for your response. Glad to know someone is listening…

top topics

<<   2 >>

join