It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Davos oligarchs are right to fear the world they’ve made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
In a world of limited resources and with an ever increasing population is it moral or even functional to have a few amassing these resources and depriving the masses of those resources?

But even the architects of the crisis-ridden international economic order are starting to see the dangers. It’s not just the maverick hedge-funder George Soros, who likes to describe himself as a class traitor. Paul Polman, Unilever chief executive, frets about the “capitalist threat to capitalism”. Christine Lagarde, the IMF managing director, fears capitalism might indeed carry Marx’s “seeds of its own destruction” and warns that something needs to be done.

In most of the world, labour’s share of national income has fallen continuously and wages have stagnated under this regime of privatisation, deregulation and low taxes on the rich. At the same time finance has sucked wealth from the public realm into the hands of a small minority, even as it has laid waste the rest of the economy. Now the evidence has piled up that not only is such appropriation of wealth a moral and social outrage, but it is fuelling social and climate conflict, wars, mass migration and political corruption, stunting health and life chances, increasing poverty, and widening gender and ethnic divides.

source

This not just a matter of money but one of the very resources we need to live, water, food and shelter to name 3 resources that are necessities being sold for profit.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great summary of the global economic state and the political influence that is wiping out the middle class. George Soros is a scary dude... Bill Gates is too. These people have so much money, and yet they are never satisfied and want to have certain forms of control/ways to profit off of regular people. It's absolutely frightening how people like this who have money can strongly affect legislation, prosecutions and the common man's day-to-day life.

a reply to: AlaskanDad

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Because water is NOT a human right...right?

Access to water is not your right believing you have a right to water - is an extreme belief Water is a raw material and a "foodstuff" that should be privatized and commercialized. Read more at www.liveleak.com...

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

What is this world coming to? Access to water is not a right and is a commodity to be bought and sold to profit the few that hoard resources.

Funny I remember when growing up hearing the jingle "Nestles makes the very best chocolate" now it seems Nestles is just out to extract profits from the masses.

Edit: If the land its self can be owned why not the water, and then of course there is the air, mind numbing is this expanding concept of ownership.

edit on 23-1-2015 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

that a@@hat is the first thing i thought of when i read the article.
and to think i use to contract out to the beverage division of this company pisses me off. but to my favor that was before i became a right wing whacko.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
When these selfish egomaniacs realize their wealth is an illusion and that this is one big globe of cooperation not a oligarchy of privilege for a few predators then they may get some sense but then it might be too late.

Too late when the very game that they have rigged comes to a halt then there will be no one to look at them with awe and reverence so all their ill gotten gain comes to naught

In most of the world, labour’s share of national income has fallen continuously and wages have stagnated under this regime of privatisation, deregulation and low taxes on the rich. At the same time finance has sucked wealth from the public realm into the hands of a small minority, even as it has laid waste the rest of the economy. Now the evidence has piled up that not only is such appropriation of wealth a moral and social outrage, but it is fuelling social and climate conflict, wars, mass migration and political corruption, stunting health and life chances, increasing poverty, and widening gender and ethnic divides.
www.theguardian.com...
edit on 23-1-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I think people like the three you mention above are absolutely right. However you arm yourself, the masses will overrun your defences soon or later and the angrier they are the sooner it is likely to be.

I don't know anyone who isn't fed up with the current financial situation and puppet governments who take public money for finance laws and policies that don't benefit the public. We have all had enough.

The current financial system isn't working and hasn't worked for some time. X trillion notes for the EU is purely going to stave off the day of reckoning and neither will it put the problems right that require a complete new system. I fyou go along with the old and corrupt nothing will change until something blows and that will be a serious something which I suspect nobody really wants to face.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What these fools don’t realize is that they have ruined the future of today’s youths who are still so enamored of modern technology they haven’t noticed THEY HAVE NO FUTURE!

The conservatives will gut their SS and all they will have is 401 k plans on Wall Street which for the small man will evaporate every 10 or 20 years.

They are all wallowing in college debt that will strangle them for decades…

There are no more good middle class jobs they have sent them overseas so they can work people for a dollar an hour…

Austerity is destroying the lower and middle class in Europe...

And you have a whole political class, conservatism, libertarianism of the GOP who advocate for this oligarchy on all levels…

The future is not only dim it is

DOOM!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I often wonder what a society that was not motivated by greed nor ruled through fear might be like to live in.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Bill Gates should start world change by fixing Windows (I know, he is not in charge last few years). Soros can give few .% of his fortune to UK pensioners who were robbed by him.
This people are like yeasts who just realized there is no more sugar in bowl and that they are exponentially poisoned by own metabolite (ie debt).

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Interesting about billionaires, they have financial incestuous relationships with each other. How long can that go on?

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Emma Watson was at Davos?
Must've been adopted by some billionaire.
Anyhow, she said that "women need to be equal participants".
In what exactly I'm not sure - the 1%ers increasing death grip on power perhaps?
I'm sure having her there puts a friendlier face on the whole affair.
I say keep going with the present program!
Rape Pillage! Plunder!
Then enjoy your heads on a stick.
It will be well deserved.
As for anyone who thinks water is not a human right -
They deserve a good waterboarding to see how much they like their abundance.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Here in the UK we already pay for water by way of *water rates* in

the same way as we pay for other utilities.

It used to be a bill calculated on size of property etc. and all pipes

and drains outside of the house maintained by the water

companies..... BUT ... over the last few years these bills have been

escalating faster than inflation and, increasingly during this time

the home owner is being made responsible for 'outside' pipes and drains

as the water companies absolve themselves from that responsibility!

Another thing they are doing is trying to get all house holders onto

water 'meters' by convincing them they will be better off in the long

term only paying for water they actually use, LOL!!

I know many people who have had it done and I do not know of one

person who has not found it more expensive, and once you have a

meter you cannot get it removed!! These people are a lot more

frugal in their use of water now.

The water companies are also making it more difficult to sell a

house unless it has been converted into having a metre.

JUST ANOTHER CONTROL AND METHOD OF EXTOTION ...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The top tier are Mary Antoinette... They will be oblivious until the people come for them.....and make no mistake.....the people will come for them.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So, the American police are being 'weaponised' ready for the day the populace finally realise they have nothing to loose, and the 'reset' kicks off?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I really enjoy your thread Alaskan, keep em coming, especially this one.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

What you described is exactly what happened with municipal water sources, water houses and water systems here in Czech Republic during 90.. Prices skyrocketed while money are going overseas instead into infrastructure. Price and better services was argument for privatization and it proved to be total lie. There is even popular movement "Water back to people".

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

After 40 years, the old narrative must be replaced by a new story. Thank You for helping to spread the new story. "In a world of limited resources and with an ever increasing population is it moral or even functional to have a few amassing these resources and depriving the masses of those resources?"

Perhaps a section of the worried elite might be prepared to pay a bit more tax. What they won’t accept is any change in the balance of social power – which is why, in one country after another, they resist any attempt to strengthen trade unions, even though weaker unions have been a crucial factor in the rise of inequality in the industrialised world.

It’s only through a challenge to the entrenched interests that have dined off a dysfunctional economic order that the tide of inequality will be reversed. The anti-austerity Syriza party, favourite to win the Greek elections this weekend, is attempting to do just that – as the Latin American left has succeeded in doing over the past decade and a half. Even to get to that point demands stronger social and political movements to break down or bypass the blockage in a colonised political mainstream. Crocodile tears about inequality are a symptom of a fearful elite. But change will only come from unrelenting social pressure and political challenge.

Keep at it!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Because water is NOT a human right...right?

Access to water is not your right believing you have a right to water - is an extreme belief Water is a raw material and a "foodstuff" that should be privatized and commercialized. Read more at www.liveleak.com...

All Privatization does is take over government services people depend on and make it even more costly.

Corporate Lobbyist funds said politicians campaign and wants to privatize water.
Corporate Exectuives, Politicians and Shareholders get kick backs from said deal.

Since Corporations don't pay taxes, consumers do, and capital gains is taxed lower where the rich elite make their money, the working class ends up paying for the increased taxes.

When you have unlimited access to other peoples money where the tax payers are on the hook, or it is a necessity you can rake it in.

As an example, this is why we have 2000 bucks for stitches from Big Insurance, 100 dollar hammers for the military and 20,000 bucks for a year of college and so on.
edit on 23-1-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Great summary of the global economic state and the political influence that is wiping out the middle class. George Soros is a scary dude... Bill Gates is too. These people have so much money, and yet they are never satisfied and want to have certain forms of control/ways to profit off of regular people. It's absolutely frightening how people like this who have money can strongly affect legislation, prosecutions and the common man's day-to-day life.

Gates is pushing for a cashless society. Think of how they'll be stealing from you everyday but Sunday....and Sunday too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join