It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Know S**t (No, you really don't!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
At first blush, Deconstructing Disinformation may not seem like the place for this thread, but I think that it really is. We are dis-informed about the disposal of human waste. This amazing video from Vice Magazine essentially follows a turd from the toilet to its final resting place.

The title of this thread is actually the name of the video, and it's accurate. Most people don't.

ATS user AhsoVaniva recently started a post about using a sawdust toilet (which we have done). Made me think about posting this.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What a load of crap, that guy really liked to talk #

This are things everyone should know, thank you for posting it.

At some point in the second plant where they were making the cake in the conveiors i though they would said soylent green was made of crap. At the end if you it vegetables it kinda do

Oh kids at the end, DON'T EAT THE STRAWBERRY THEY ARE CRAP!!! kinda made me want to eat some MCdonnalds

edit on 23-1-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Oh good God! A warning would have been nice you sneaky bugge*.

I respect Vice documentaries and will watch this one when I'm not eating my lunch.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Eww, they find aborted fetuses and even live dogs!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
mmmmm....Corn.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Interesting video, haha kind of wish I didn't see that, but hey I am here to learn not to be ignorant.
There is a lot wrong with our food and it should really be investigated more. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Does a bear # in the woods?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think the OP has left the building so I went thru and starred all for participation.

Hope I'm not in the crapper...

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm still amazed in this day and age all that fecal matter can't be converted into bio-fuel.

So it goes.

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I didn't watch the video all the way through, mostly because I used to be a Class 3 Wastewater Operator and a Wastewater Lab Analyst, so it's all too familiar to me. IMO the biggest shock people get is the use of treated sludge in composting. It is required by EPA regulations to be of a certain class of purity, but the idea of getting compost made from human waste to put in your garden can be disturbing.

On the disinformation side, the treatment facilities in NYC are often not up to dealing with the size of the population, especially in the case of water infiltration into the collection system, in which case it may overflow into city storm drains rather than boil up in the streets. It's been said that it's cheaper for the city to pay EPA fines for dumping raw sewage than to pay to upgrade the facilities. And trying to upgrade the collection system with that many people living on top of it is not really an option. Locals, including people on the NJ side of the river, know well what's actually in that river.

top topics

join