It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe God Created Everything?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So if everything must be created. Who created him? And who created that person ect........ Get a clue, everything evolves even single celled organisms / the flu. There is plenty of proof of evolution of every plant and animal in existence. You god believers think everything evolves but the most complex organism on the planet. Humans. Wake up. The world is not flat. Evolve your mind with the knowledge science has provided since god was invented.
a reply to: jhill76

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

Christians don't deny the evolution. See the Church's position on that topic.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
So if everything must be created. Who created him? And who created that person ect........ Get a clue, everything evolves even single celled organisms / the flu. There is plenty of proof of evolution of every plant and animal in existence. You god believers think everything evolves but the most complex organism on the planet. Humans. Wake up. The world is not flat. Evolve your mind with the knowledge science has provided since god was invented.
a reply to: jhill76

I am almost complete with a PhD in Microbiology. Yet, I still believe in Father.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Yeah that is a new thing since the last pope, lol So Christians do evolve
a reply to: JUhrman

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
So who created him? If everything must have been created. He existed before everything? In nothingness? Really?a reply to: jhill76

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Yeah that is a new thing since the last pope, lol So Christians do evolve
a reply to: JUhrman

No it's much older than that.

Don't you know that the first person to study genetics was a Catholic monk?

There was never an official condemnation of the theory of evolution from the Church. Only a justified worry that such a theory would influence society in a more materialistic direction. The theory of evolution was even taught in Catholic schools.

Fundamentalism is typically American. Catholics have historically been very invested in sciences. Plenty of scientific discoveries were made by Catholic priests and monks and laymen. It's a typical American misconception that the Church is against sciences. The Church is only worried that science without spirituality leads to a materialistic society. And it seems the Church was correct on that point.
edit on 30-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
For generations the church denied evolution killed scientists, healers and anything that meant progress. It is good to see they are seeing the light. But a shame that some can see what and where religion came from what it has stunted / most of it's past. Can't you see mankind makes it up and changes it as time go on. Proof it is just a story to try and make meaning to things that are not understood yet and make a rule of law. In the past God was responsible for everything that science now explains.That at one time a magic being was thought to be responsible for.a reply to: JUhrman

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   

For generations the church denied evolution killed scientists, healers and anything that meant progress.

You will have to provide examples of that because it's a load of BS.

Are you American perchance? Because in the US, fundamentalists, since the XXth century, consider the Bible has to be read literally and now the vast majority of Americans wrongly believe all Christians do the same and that the Church condemns science.

It doesn't change the fact it's BS.

My great uncle was nuclear physicist and made canon by the Church. It shows how little you know about the Church.

"The Church is against science" ahaha what a load of crap. Don't imagine that a few rednecks in the Bible Belt represent the Church in any way.

And please tell me Galileo was killed by the Church for his discoveries so I can show you your ignorance since he was condemned for calling the pope a "moron" and that his theories where never formally refuted by the Church, he was actually asked by his friend Pope Urban to describe both existing theories in his book so people could compare them.

The Spanish inquisition were assholes, but to reduce the whole history of the Church to the inquisition shows a complete lack of knowledge about it.
edit on 30-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It changes over time lol. Progress has been happening but we would be so much farther along if in the middle ages and Spanish inquisition / witch hunting of the past never happened. Yes scientist, doctors and most that spoke anything against church beliefs were persecuted and sometimes killed. Galileo for one for saying the earth revolved around the sun. Church moved energetically against scholars attempting to make scientific progress, branding their work as "heresy" and persecuting them to the fullest extent that they could. The full range of the Church's actions included harassment, discrimination, censorship, slander, scorn, abuse, threats, persecution, forced recantations, torture and burning at the stake. The list of great scientists opposed by the Church reads like a Who's Who of Science: Copernicus, Bruno, Galileo, Descartes, Newton, Halley, Darwin, Hubble, even Bertrand Russell. At no time has the Church been on the cutting edge of science You are either uneducated or in denial to protect your mind from the fact that your religion has done bad things.a reply to: JUhrman

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I'm not even Christian but whatever floats your boat ☺

I was sure you would come up with Galileo, you aren't even aware of the real story I posted above explaining he was even friend with the pope.

You can call me uneducated but you come up as such too on top of angry against the church.

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't care what religion. Radical from any are bad and have stunted progress. To deny that is denying the truth because it hurts your felling or you are not aware of the fact ( uneducated ) If religion existed and did not affect my life in anyway i could care less what they do. But be real, it evolved from worshiping rocks and the sun, then gods that are myth now. Soon people will evolve enough to make myth of it all. Like i said if nothing existed before this god thing, and god created everything, what did he exist in. Where did he exist. Nothing was there, nothing existed yet. What created this magical being that does miracles that no one sees in a group or any real proof other that faith ( wishful thinking ) The stone age era is over. Walk upright and take responsibility for your own actions stop blaming God or Satan for you do not yet understand, comets , volcanoes, weather, ect.. in the past. Now car accidents, winning a football game or whatever. Your imaginary friend is not welcome. Keep it to yourself. a reply to: JUhrman

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Now we agree.

Radicals are bad.

Today Christian radicals are almost all in the US and they are hindering scientific education in America. Fundamentalism is an American invention.

It's why I said most Americans have a biased view of religion, and some false beliefs about it based on what they see today in America.

On the other I rest my case, the Church doesn't deny the evolution, and for the last centuries, participated in scientific discoveries. Scince the beginning, Church fathers mentionned that to study nature through science is another way to study God, and most were famous scholars.

It seems that you too are ignoring some facts because they hurt your feelings 😉
edit on 2-2-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I cannot say wether I believe in god or not.
I have not seen evidence of god, or perhaps everything I see is evidence of god. It is a question that cannot be answered by man, and one that we should not wish to answer, for its mystery is its charm

As our understanding of physics and technology advances we will get closer to the origins of our universe but the question will always remain of what created that initial spark of this reality we observe.

Whatever the cause of it all is, it doesn't change the fact that we are here, and doesn't change the beauty that is life or this universe we call home. Just be happy that by chance or by the choice of a creator, you get to take part in this incredible existence, and try to do something remarkable, in this remarkable something you are part of.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join