It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe God Created Everything?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I don't have enough facts to make an educated guess. I'm reassessing the big bang theory.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

According to Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Things that poison us and kill us as well. Viruses, plants, insects, animals.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I believe in ONE God, father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen, and unseen.

"The things that no eye has seen and no ear has heard, things BEYOND THE MIND OF MAN, all that God has prepared for those who love him". (1 Corinthians 2)(This refers to heaven?, but apropos nonetheless)

Anything "beyond the mind of man", cannot, and will never be understood. It's that simple. Why, therefore "waste time" even trying to comprehend the abstraction that is the word "God"?

Here's a nugget: God cannot predict the future. Because there's no such thing as the "future" with God. And also, No such thing as the "past". There's no such thing as time, therefore, there is no past, and no future. Time is an earthly concept. With God, there is only now. The eternal now. That's not comprehendible by the human mind. Impossible. So I don't "waste time" trying.

a reply to: Shiloh7

edit on 24-1-2015 by Ignatian because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by Ignatian because: It's best to use actual English, when speaking English :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
In the desert religions theology invariably tells us that God is omniscient and the creator of all.

Sure its wonderful to stand in a beautiful forest, watch nature on a sunny day, breath and thank god for the world he has created. But where do the boundaries end on his creation, or do you draw the line on just our planet or our solar system - or the reality behind the idea that God is the creator of everything?

When you look at our home being a minute part of the Milky Way which consists of 10 trillion planets with a super blackhole in the middle it it a hard concept to think about - which is probably why you hear very little about Gods real creative ability from the men in frocks.

However when you realise that our galaxy is only one with our universe and that our universe consists of 200 million galaxies which brings us to the final figure, just our universe alone and we know there are numerable universes in the heavens, we are looking at 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets - do you believe that God created everything which is all of them?

Everything.

Why not? God doesn't just exist for this planet. The Bible says "worlds" so whatever those worlds are comprised of, then what's the problem?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignatian
I believe in ONE God, father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen, and unseen.

"The things that no eye has seen and no ear has heard, things BEYOND THE MIND OF MAN, all that God has prepared for those who love him". (1 Corinthians 2)(This refers to heaven?, but apropos nonetheless)

Anything "beyond the mind of man", cannot, and will never be understood. It's that simple. Why, therefore "waste time" even trying to comprehend the abstraction that is the word "God"?

Here's a nugget: God cannot predict the future. Because there's no such thing as the "future" with God. And also, No such thing as the "past". There's no such thing as time, therefore, there is no past, and no future. Time is an earthly concept. With God, there is only now. The eternal now. That's not comprehendible by the human mind. Impossible. So I don't "waste time" trying.

Time is only a measurement for what goes on in worlds. We live by time.

Time is circular and time is chronological, at the same time. Events in history are replayed over and over. Time is relative. Time is mysterious as time can only be measured from this planet but the billions of galaxies and stars exploding and being born, taking millions of years to reach us and yet remains constant, the sun rises and sets as it has done since man looked up, but that's because the earth revolves. And yet, unless we are not on this planet we would never know that.

The sun rises and sets in Australia as it does in Greenland, with the people looking up at the sky, even though Australia is at the bottom of the world and Greenland at the top. Amazing to think about.

The moon still pulls tides, no matter where in the world. Orion is still shooting in the North, the Southern Hemisphere has the Southern Cross. Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, the Pleiades are still hanging in there.

Time, the fourth dimension, mysterious.

Have you ever noticed that in abandoned houses, they fall into ruin much more quickly than houses that are lived in? Why is that? Has time slowed down in those houses? Sped up? What is going on with them? I have noticed this thing in the many times I have been out and walking past them, abandoned houses fall apart when the houses next to them are still standing and people are living in them.

Something strange about that. Time must be different in those houses.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAllTheSame
How did evolution create something as complex as the eye?

Even Darwin had no answer.

All parts of the eye had to have been present. To have evolved separately is an absurdity.

Forget the eye, what about DNA?

Which came first the DNA or the amino acid?

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

All parts of the eye had to have been present. To have evolved separately is an absurdity.

And where did the amino acid come from?

That long string of proteins didn't just put themselves together in the primordial ooze. But you forget, that theory has now been tossed out the window.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
That long string of proteins didn't just put themselves together in the primordial ooze.

And why not?

I believe in a creative power in nature, and I believe that such a power is found within and not without. Mankind can use consciousness to assemble matter or ideas into higher level structures.

Why couldn't matter do the same given enough time and the right context?

I already shown how the quantic uncertainty principle could be nothing but the expression of free will at atomic level. A free will much more limited than the human one, but a free will nevertheless.

If you deny free will in nature then humans are nothing more than biological robots and nothing you are doing is the result of choice, only the outcome of a deterministic formula.

"God" isn't some unknowable external character. That source of life is inside yourself right now as we speak. It wants nothing but to evolve into more complex lifeforms and higher levels of consciousness. You can ignore it but you cannot deny its existence.
edit on 25-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman

That long string of proteins didn't just put themselves together in the primordial ooze.

And why not?

I believe in a creative power in nature, and I believe that such a power is found within and not without. Mankind can use consciousness to assemble matter or ideas into higher level structures.

Why couldn't matter do the same given enough time and the right context?

I already shown how the quantic uncertainty principle could be nothing but the expression of free will at atomic level. A free will much more limited than the human one, but a free will nevertheless.

If you deny free will in nature then humans are nothing more than biological robots and nothing you are doing is the result of choice, only the outcome of a deterministic formula.

"God" isn't some unknowable external character. That source of life is inside yourself right now as we speak. It wants nothing but to evolve into more complex lifeforms and higher levels of consciousness. You can ignore it but you cannot deny its existence.

pssst...s up, I am not a believer in the current pop culture, establishment ordered evolution and I do believe God created everything.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

What should God be like?

In my mind God should be omnipotent, omniscient, holy,
righteous and just. And should be able to speak things into
existence. There should be no limits to what he can accomplish.
And his creations would be beautiful.

" When I look around this nation and the world. I can understand how
some can claim there is no God. But what I can not fathom, is how
anyone can look into the cosmos and make the same claim".

Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

And where did the amino acid come from?

That long string of proteins didn't just put themselves together in the primordial ooze. But you forget, that theory has now been tossed out the window.

Nah, I didn't forget. Michael Behe's book on microbiology put the final nail in that coffin.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Yes, Father created all, the places here and elsewhere, above and below, and the in-between. He sits outside of creation. We are seeing/experiencing what is inside creation.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
So when was god created and how?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

Father was always there.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

But God himself didn't write the bible, men did and its surely then their claims, not actually his.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jhill76

Wooudl you define exactly what you mean by Father? Are you thinking of an ancient wise man or something we cannot see such as an energy?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The claim that God created our world is one that I think nearly everything thinks because its such a beautiful and wonderful world especially when you look at other dead looking worlds.

However with the number of planets in just even our one galaxy, we may well find other planets looking as though they are following our planet's eco system of creation and having our unique moon controlling the tides and nightime and our sun at exactly the right distance away from us. People forget we only need to tip a few more degrees on our axis to blow the lot away.

I do have a problem with the concept that God is in charge simply because of the natural disasters that surely a god could stop were he watching humanity with the care religion claims along with the powers us humans credit him, -without ever having even seen him.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

You are quoting from a part of the bible that comes from Paul and not Christ, who most people give their allegiance to.
Is it something you can rely on totally with the amount of alterations and political slants between the jewish and newly forming christian religions with their subtle differences? Warningws went out about an anti christ and paul didn't make himself a part of the disciples group which, had he been whom he claimed, surely he would have touched base with James and the others? I suspect there were a lot of politics and a great deal of resentment - which can be seen in some of the letters Paul replies to. Paul has often seemed to me to be someone climbing on the back of christianity for fame and the adoration of the people - and probably emporer. You only need to research his past to see he had a woman in tow who was regarded as holier than him and was powerful in the jewish class in rome.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: jhill76

Wooudl you define exactly what you mean by Father? Are you thinking of an ancient wise man or something we cannot see such as an energy?

When I speak of Father, I am speaking of what many call God.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1

Well, if you actually read the thread, this is answered.

Here is a summary for you. But first let me clear a few misconceptions you may have before I continue.

- God is not a person, a character detached from this world with human-like traits. God isn't external to this world. Common mistake #1 from atheists, based on anthropomorphism and pop culture representation of the divine.

- "God" isn't limited to the Christian tradition and the Bible. Classical projection from a board where most people are mainly in contact with Protestant Christians. The majority of Christians don't believe the Bible is the infallible word of God. The majority of people on earth have their own interpretation of the divine. Common mistake #2 from atheists, bring everything back to the Bible and to Christians.

- Since "God" is too loaded as a term and induces an automatic visualization of these preconceptions, I'll use "the divine" instead.

The idea of the existence of the divine can be traced as back as the rise of consciousness in man. The ideas of the sacred, of the separation of spirit and matter, and of the existence of higher levels of consciousness are as old as mankind.

What we mean by the divine, what is described in all religions and spiritualities, is a force, permeating this universe, animating it, found inside you, inside an animal, inside a plant, inside a rock and even inside an atom.

That forces can be linked to the concepts of "consciousness", "creation" and "free will". It is the force that can choose to create something just because it is beautiful, that can choose to be selfless even if it goes against the survival instinct, and that in general only wants more happiness, more harmony and more beauty inside the world. But that's only at our level of consciousness.

The divine simultaneously exists at different levels of refinement in all matter (like matter, minerals, life,...), and to each level corresponds a different "biomes" where it expresses itself. Humans express the divine through art, love, forgiveness, etc. Animals and plants express the divine through reproduction and evolution of their species. Minerals express the divine through the formation of stars, planets, crystalline structures, etc. Matter expresses the divine through the laws of physics, chemistry, quantum uncertainty etc.

The divine is present in all matter and organisms. In the "less refined" levels, it is either too slow or too different from us to understand it, but it's the same force at play that allows consciousness, the evolution, the will to live and the explosion of complexity in the universe.

I go into much more details if you like sciences and really wants to understand this concept of "god" free from your preconceptions, and you can check my previous posts in the thread.

Once you understand this, it is clear that the divine and the matter are both the two sides of a same coin. The divine lies dormant in matter. The creation of matter can only be traced back to a state of almost pure energy, a singularity where time and space have no dimensions. The divine was also already existing back then as potential force, a potential for organizing all this matter, all this energy, and to allow complexity, life and consciousness to emerge and evolve.

It is irrelevant to inquire about what was "before", since it was a singularity, for all we know there may have never been a "before". Time only started to exist in the reference universe we know of. In that context, both the seed of the material universe, and the seed of the divine, have been forever existing until the moment they started to differentiate and to change.

"When was God created and how?"

That question is as relevant as asking "When was your consciousness created and how?". No one created your consciousness but you and it had no clear beginning. It was latent in a DNA molecule, waiting to grow and evolve out of matter and into spirit. Which conveniently is exactly what the divine is doing all around the universe, and why your consciousness is the expression of the divine force that was pre-existing in you.
edit on 27-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join