It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Believe God Created Everything?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

We can look at the universe and the earth around us and see the means he availed HIMSELF of.. I don't need more than that.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

i think god is sound and if you break everything down to its basics well a little past
its basics everything is sound so god is everything .
In the begining was the word and the word was with god and the word was god .
so see sound is god

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

no.. you aren't going back far enough.. what created sound (and vibration since the two go hand in hand) ?
edit on 23-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

You have to take this further.

Sound is vibration. Vibration is periodic oscillation within a medium. Oscillation is variation over time. Variation over time is change. Change is potential realized.

So god is change potential. And we go back to the idea that god is the driving force of the evolution of matter and consciousness, pre-existing and contained within the fabric of the universe.

A famous Chinese philosophy book is called the I Ching, the Book of Changes. It's not a coincidence

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Yes, Shiloh7, I believe God created everything.

My beliefs come from what I have been told in the Bible about this.

In the Bible, both Old and New Covenant, three heavens are described. Shamayim is the Hebrew word for Heavens. It is plural and means "Heights" or "Elevations". The three heavens are our immediate atmosphere, space and the third Heaven, which Paul describes a visit to, as the dwelling place of Elohim (God and the angels).

On this basis the Bible is telling us there is yet another place beyond space and this is where God lives. The universe is a manifestation, created in God's image (imagined by God, brought forth by His imagination).

Isaiah described us creatures as the potter's work, the Potter and the clay. A modern metaphor that would work just as well is the Programmer and the program.

All the images, etc that inhabit the 2D world of the internet are made in our image. We know that there are two versions of this 2D world; there is the code and the manifestation of the code. ATS looks like the grey forum we are writing on, but it was brought about as the "RESULT" of a code of numbers, etc.

If we human beings, still a very young species on the earth, can make this then why must it be so hard to believe that a Creator could do the same? Literally manifesting our physical universe via a process conducted in the third heaven which looks nothing like the universe yet is the means by which the universe was created.

The big bang is not so hard to comprehend if one views it as God turning on the lights in the void. Before the internet there was nothing. Code was written and the lights turned on. The images we see on the screen are the "RESULT" of a language code. A language created the internet. We will have to continue to guess and experiment with what language and code God used to create matter.

edit on 23-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But does you thinking include the creation of such a huge, huge number of different planets, stars and universes. That is quite an undertaking when you think of how the eco system just on mother earth functions. Once you go into the systems on other planets the size and sheer diversity of the undertaking, starts to make me wonder how is it possible especially when you notice the intelligent design on our world alone? Its in the trillions of different worlds just in our universe without the other universes out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

oh yeah when i say God is sound i mean yhwh jahoveah of the bible ...big bang was sound creating everything
and then as for all the fancy talk physics of it i dont wanna type that much ill keep it siimple

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Well that is where faith comes in.
I believe that is how it worked, and that the most we can ever do here on earth, is boggle at it, and have the occasional guess at one tiny implication, of one tiny bit of it!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Thanks for sharing your views. There is quite a bit written about the void and its purpose, some of which is for putting satan in and binding him there if I remember rightly. What I wonder is why was it necessary to have a void existing in the first place- was it within the Milky Way, was the Milky way a part of it and why did God seem to need a rest?

I appreciate the essential side that before you create something you have a 'void' and man has to use components to make something, but does the void hold some form of darkness and punishment within it?

When you look at ancient religious thought we have Lucifer supposedly some form of angel/devil bringing out primordial light, so we have creation with helpers if you support the idea of the bringer of light which is mentioned in the bible.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Yes, everything that has ever existed and everything that ever will exist was created by God.

I believe that God created the universe as something must have started the universe from nothing, but to say everything we see is made by god is a tad out there. For example, the Earth and the rest of the solar system is made from "Star Dust" as is our sun which was formed from remnants of a "Super Nova" over 5 billion years ago. God had nothing to do with the formation of our solar system.

You my friend is made up of "Star Dust".

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

One can be spiritual without manmade rules.. regulations.. interpretations.. dogmas .. limitations imposed by organised religions / cults ..

A spiritual journey should be one of growth and self discovery .. along with doing what one can to make the world a better place rather than add to the misery in the world ..
edit on 23/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
In the desert religions theology invariably tells us that God is omniscient and the creator of all.

Sure its wonderful to stand in a beautiful forest, watch nature on a sunny day, breath and thank god for the world he has created. But where do the boundaries end on his creation, or do you draw the line on just our planet or our solar system - or the reality behind the idea that God is the creator of everything?

When you look at our home being a minute part of the Milky Way which consists of 10 trillion planets with a super blackhole in the middle it it a hard concept to think about - which is probably why you hear very little about Gods real creative ability from the men in frocks.

However when you realise that our galaxy is only one with our universe and that our universe consists of 200 million galaxies which brings us to the final figure, just our universe alone and we know there are numerable universes in the heavens, we are looking at 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets - do you believe that God created everything which is all of them?

Nope.. I don't believe in fairy tales. To me god and the bible are like Santa clause and the night before christmas

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Yes, the abyss and bottomless pit. It seems to be describing a void. The lake of fire is also interesting. In Revelation St John describes the time when the earth, sea and sun are all consumed with fire. The refining fire metaphor is used constantly. A new Heaven and new earth are formed, yet no star required to light it up as God and Christ will be all the light required. It appears to be suggesting that a revolution in creation will happen; God going digital? I don't know.

Jesus said that even the hairs on our heads are counted and known to God (the DNA blue print would obviously dictate the EXACT number of hairs on our heads because that is the code that is programmed in). It amazes me that the Bible can still stand up to the discoveries of modern Science and Science does not necessarily disagree.

My friend, I do not pretend to know any answers. All that I know is from what I have read that the prophets and saints informed us about. It's strange, but according to Revelation the Dragon will be allowed yet another short time at the end of Creation. Certainly God can write a 3rd Covenant any time He chooses. Who is to know that after a thousand years in the void the Dragon will not have the stomach for any more rebellion? Has God somewhere in the contract given Himself room to manoeuvre?

When God said "Jacob, you worm" I totally get this. It is the lesson of Job to learn that as mighty as we might think ourselves to be we are just worms and insects in terms of comprehension.

Sorry, I could write a long time about all this. I've no problem with other people not believing and obviously I am very much interested in Science because I think they are proving the existence of a Divine Intelligence every day with new fundamentals of creation discovered.

Thanks for the great thread.

edit on 23-1-2015 by lonesomerimbaud because: spelling.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I appreciate the essential side that before you create something you have a 'void' and man has to use components to make something, but does the void hold some form of darkness and punishment within it?

"Void" is the absence of energy, motion and matter. Basically it's the opposite of the universe we live in.

The moment you place someone or something in that void, it's not void anymore. I understand that the idea of putting someone like Satan in a void as a punishment is powerful to us, since we can relate it to being confined in a solitary.

I won't go into details regarding Satan and how the popular version of this character is a modern fabrication illustrating the primal, untamed and wild nature of man, but what this story of throwing Satan into the void tells us is that we, like life, cannot stand being isolated and alone.

We naturally go towards others and if we can't do that, we will go as far as splitting our consciousness into two parts and start talking to ourselves.

This is a very important lesson regarding "god", life and the universe. There is a driving force in all life and creation, and that driving force will take us into two direction depending on the circumstances:

- outward to find similar individuals we can relate to and start moving together as a stronger whole. Aggregation. This consumes energy

- or in other circumstances; inward, towards the source of the creative force animating us, to use our whole being and split it into smaller, independent individuals. Disintegration. This release energy

This can apply to everything in this universe, from psychology to biology, from particle physics to astrophysics. The universe is in a constant state of change, oscillating between aggregation to reach higher levels of complexity, and disintegration to transform back to smaller constituents that will be used in other reactions later.

All these changes can be traced back to a time where everything was aggregated and simple, and go in a direction where aggregation and disintegration alternates always faster to reach always higher levels of complexity. Physics tell us that originally there was a singularity where complexity was minimal and aggregation maximal, before the big bang. Religions tell us the same. In the beginning there was only god, a powerful potential energy and complexity, and everything was latent in it. Then, since it was impossible for it to aggregate, because it was alone, maybe because it was bored because of it (I'm projecting ;p ), it achieved the first differentiation.

Between positive force (expansion, decomposition, energy) and negative force (attraction, aggregation, matter). This was the first universe, the first scale by which all things are measured.

Within that universe, matter started to aggregate and transform, and energy too. Giving birth to new, more complex components. These components started to aggregate and decompose too, giving birth again to more complex energies, and more complex matter, and more complex combination of both.

And again, and again, all this becoming like branches of a single tree, that single tree being the singularity and the potential complexity it contained, and that some people call god and others all existence.

In that picture, the void is not a negative concept. The void is the ground that allowed the god seed to grow and fill the emptiness with complexity and light.

To most people darkness is scary because it makes them feel alone and isolated. To those who know god, darkness is the place to reflect upon yourself, inwards, and find the source of all things that was within you all along.

edit on 23-1-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

I agree
That's why I'm discussing the concept of god, not religions. It's you who said that god cannot exist outside the superstitious framework of religions
It's you who relates god to religions.

I'm not religious.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Including plague, poverty and hate? And what about the weird face I just carved into a piece of wood...did god create that? Nope I did....

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAllTheSame

three billion years of trial, error, and divergent experiments.

How many people do you know wear glasses?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

In the desert religions theology invariably tells us that God is omniscient and the creator of all.

Sure its wonderful to stand in a beautiful forest, watch nature on a sunny day, breath and thank god for the world he has created. But where do the boundaries end on his creation, or do you draw the line on just our planet or our solar system - or the reality behind the idea that God is the creator of everything?

When you look at our home being a minute part of the Milky Way which consists of 10 trillion planets with a super blackhole in the middle it it a hard concept to think about - which is probably why you hear very little about Gods real creative ability from the men in frocks.

However when you realise that our galaxy is only one with our universe and that our universe consists of 200 million galaxies which brings us to the final figure, just our universe alone and we know there are numerable universes in the heavens, we are looking at 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets - do you believe that God created everything which is all of them?

God created ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Right . . theology, meaning people hundreds of years after the religion was founded, adding in their opinions.
God created the particular space that we live in, this biosphere, on this planet, meaning in practical terms, we are able to live here thanks to God, in the universe that is here by some other means, whether God had a hand in its existence or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

Including plague, poverty and hate? And what about the weird face I just carved into a piece of wood...did god create that? Nope I did....

Nah, that was The Father of Lies, who was a murderer from the start!

"Did I not tell you that you are gods?": Christ informing us that we have within us the creative impulse of God, being made in His image.

God put the building blocks in place to make it possible for that particular tree to exist so you could get a piece of wood from it to carve the face.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join