It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Country Without Laws Would You Live There?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
What about countries with Jungle Laws ? Would you live there?

What about a post that reflected the OP could you make one?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Merely pointing out the grey areas, which surdenly applies ?

Countries where law abides to common man, but fails again and again, when it get's to the oligarchy..

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Merely pointing out the grey areas, which surdenly applies ?
Countries where law abides to common man, but fails again and again, when it get's to the oligarchy..

Well no laws means no laws for anyone reguardless of what status people claim. I imagine all the evils we seek to suppress would most likely flourish in such a place.

However I think the good we suppress would most likely flourish there too. . . . . .

So it would be live and let live or f## it you gotta go type of place depending on your mood that day.
edit on 27-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

A strong belief in my younger days (16-17.. im 21 now LOL) was that since there has been law, there has only been crime. Law created what we view as criminal. Just as the concept of property has only created thieves. You cannot steal what no body owns. Just as you cannot wrong someone by something that is not wrong. That both good and evil deeds are completely natural and not something that can be criminalized. However, in a case where an entire society is living this way, there are negative repercussions for negative actions. Killing somebody will probably get you killed, so on and so forth. This idea has never been put into practice with modern societies however, so there is really no substantial proof that our notions could be correct. After all, communism sounded good on paper, but has never been perfected in action.

Remembering that anarchy by origin and definition means equality, and is antonymous with hierarchy. It is upon these values which I believe America was founded on. It is upon these values that I believe society can truly prosper. However, this would involve lots of hard work to put in place. We would have to maintain our own roads, doing our part to fill in potholes, upkeep, etc. We would not be paying taxes to have many luxuries like proper road care. We would have to collect, sort, and dispose of garbage on our own, perhaps even finding a more efficient method. We would have to begin a barter economy. Because without currency, or our notion of currency, it is essentially manmade and only perpetuates inequality (anti-anarchy) and more debt.

Like I have said, there is both social and physical infrastructure necessary for such a system to thrive. Social and physical infrastructure that we are greatly lacking. I still believe that a process of using self-law and human instinct would be the best way to live a life. However, it is unrealistic at this point, only because of the things necessary for a modern society to thrive would be nonexistent. I might be misguided, or perhaps overlooking something. But a large majority of our population is willing to pay money for road up-keep. Therefore, they don't really have a problem paying for other things, like representatives, social programs, military upkeep, etc. I would rather be self sufficient and not live and die as a financial pawn to a repressive system.

But if there were such a place, where I could drop off the grid, and still live a seemingly normal life. Clean food, shelter, water, etc. Which I feel as though I could already. I have been trained in survival at a young age and grew up in a self-sufficient farming family. But, Im not concerned for myself. I want others to live in a world where they are just as free and happy as I feel. I want to help my fellow man, it is only based on this care for others, that I do not feel such a concept would be accepted.
edit on 30-1-2015 by twhite93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: twhite93

A strong belief in my younger days (16-17.. im 21 now LOL) was that since there has been law, there has only been crime. Law created what we view as criminal. Just as the concept of property has only created thieves. You cannot steal what no body owns. Just as you cannot wrong someone by something that is not wrong. That both good and evil deeds are completely natural and not something that can be criminalized. However, in a case where an entire society is living this way, there are negative repercussions for negative actions. Killing somebody will probably get you killed, so on and so forth. This idea has never been put into practice with modern societies however, so there is really no substantial proof that our notions could be correct. After all, communism sounded good on paper, but has never been perfected in action.

Remembering that anarchy by origin and definition means equality, and is antonymous with hierarchy. It is upon these values which I believe America was founded on. It is upon these values that I believe society can truly prosper. However, this would involve lots of hard work to put in place. We would have to maintain our own roads, doing our part to fill in potholes, upkeep, etc. We would not be paying taxes to have many luxuries like proper road care. We would have to collect, sort, and dispose of garbage on our own, perhaps even finding a more efficient method. We would have to begin a barter economy. Because without currency, or our notion of currency, it is essentially manmade and only perpetuates inequality (anti-anarchy) and more debt.

Like I have said, there is both social and physical infrastructure necessary for such a system to thrive. Social and physical infrastructure that we are greatly lacking. I still believe that a process of using self-law and human instinct would be the best way to live a life. However, it is unrealistic at this point, only because of the things necessary for a modern society to thrive would be nonexistent. I might be misguided, or perhaps overlooking something. But a large majority of our population is willing to pay money for road up-keep. Therefore, they don't really have a problem paying for other things, like representatives, social programs, military upkeep, etc. I would rather be self sufficient and not live and die as a financial pawn to a repressive system.

But if there were such a place, where I could drop off the grid, and still live a seemingly normal life. Clean food, shelter, water, etc. Which I feel as though I could already. I have been trained in survival at a young age and grew up in a self-sufficient farming family. But, Im not concerned for myself. I want others to live in a world where they are just as free and happy as I feel. I want to help my fellow man, it is only based on this care for others, that I do not feel such a concept would be accepted.

Wow dude awesome post, you should run for president or something!

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

In a country without laws im sure crazy stuff like cloning would be popular. . . .

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thank you. If more people outside of this website were more open minded to such concepts then the world would be a much better place. Only in a society like that, would I be able to run for president based on the premises I have. Other than this website, which I have only recently discovered, the world is a very closed minded and uninformed place. Thank you for your open mind toward my response. It was nice to get that out. Haha

Love and Respect.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: twhite93

Thank you. If more people outside of this website were more open minded to such concepts then the world would be a much better place. Only in a society like that, would I be able to run for president based on the premises I have. Other than this website, which I have only recently discovered, the world is a very closed minded and uninformed place. Thank you for your open mind toward my response. It was nice to get that out. Haha

Love and Respect.

No prob bro, I value freedom and wonder if eventually we may be in an environment where true freedom prospers. I believe the USA was supposed to be such a place founded on freedom from the law of the Kings and Queens of Europe but has settled into a whole new type of Law, which for over reaches anything that ever happened in times of old.

<< 1  2   >>

join