It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dash Cam Shows Cop Belting Out Shake It Off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
if posted i,m sorry i looked but couldn,t find it.

i love this video,after a hard few days i watched this and it put a smile on my face.think it just shows that everyone needs to go to a happy place now and again.

now i know people are saying this and that about if it was one of us driving then would probably get a ticket but like cops sometimes say i,ll let you off in this instance.

not all news stories have to be doom and gloom,i needed to smile and this cop brought it so respect to him

news.sky.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Probably my favorite video right now.

And I love the times where he sees people and takes a break.

about a min 20 into gets me every time
edit on ndThu, 22 Jan 2015 18:16:35 -0600America/Chicago120153580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: sparky31

Probably my favorite video right now.

And I love the times where he sees people and takes a break.

about a min 20 into gets me every time
yeah i think that where he tries to hide just makes it even more real and funnier cause you know we,d all be the same

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
While it is funny, I still would question a release of video that is presented as candid of the police then released by the police to the media, at a time when their reputations and actions are severely under scrutiny.

To me it screams "see, we are just a bunch of normal guys, just like you!"
Similar to them pulling people over giving them cash, along with a camera crew, then sending it to a news station, so everyone knows.

Nothing more than insincere PR campaigns imo.

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: Badenglish

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Meh, I see your point but I think this is just an embarrassing video that thanks to the internet we all know about.

Not quite the PR campaign to be used IMO.

Cause really, he is driving rather distracted which doesn't shine a great light on him

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
While it is funny, I still would question a release of video that is presented as candid of the police then released by the police to the media, at a time when their reputations and actions are severely under scrutiny.

Similar to them pulling people over giving them cash, along with a camera crew, then sending it to a news station, so everyone knows.

no matter what the police are, they are never going to be popular in most peoples eyes,trust me they have never been really popular with me but i still think its good to see another side to them and in no way i think this was a pr stunt.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
S&F for the hilarity. Great video man

Even though, as already shown, some are going to be inclined to scream about it being staged or whatever.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
oh too funny. my niece was telling me about this video today.

staged or not that was funny as hell.
cops are people too, wth.

I've been known to act a fool in my car, esp. when driving long distances. and I don't care who sees me.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That was hilarious! Thank's for sharing.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In a previous article I read about this, the department stated that the video wasn't a candid camera. It was something they planned for fun and filmed in a parking lot. So no dangerous driving or stealth camera work, just something they put together for lol's.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

originally posted by: Mandroid7

no matter what the police are, they are never going to be popular in most peoples eyes,trust me they have never been really popular with me but i still think its good to see another side to them and in no way i think this was a pr stunt.

I don't dislike police, they generally don't harass you, if your not giving them a reason. They are necessary for a civilized society. The zillion page list of laws for profit and not the well being of society, well that's another thing.

It was viewed by the department. They felt it was funny and personable, then released it.

That is PR. That was my only point.

Do they need positive PR at this point because of a few bad eggs? Yes

What do you think about the funny behavior and dancing, cut to a stern face/ tough guy look and snappy gestures when he sees the public?
Is that a trained reaction to the public?
He has a pretty interesting, almost annoyed reaction.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes

Idk, I saw stop signs and plenty of change of scenery.

Also that if was found as just a review of dash cam footage.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
In a previous article I read about this, the department stated that the video wasn't a candid camera. It was something they planned for fun and filmed in a parking lot. So no dangerous driving or stealth camera work, just something they put together for lol's.
not what i,ve read but if you can prove me wrong then i,ll accept the proof.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm pretty much convinced it's staged, but that doesn't really make it less enjoyable. I still think it's pretty funny.

I have to confess I like that song... I turn it down at stoplights when it comes on the radio.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Idk, how he stops what he is doing when others are around make me feel like it was him rocking out on his beat

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
It's fake:

"Cop Singing 'Shake It Off'
Dash Cam Footage is Fake ...
But It's Still Awesome!" I almost threw up reading that.

www.tmz.com...

I honestly dont understand how people can still say "oh now that I have been shown the truth it's cool because it's still furney" It's a public relations initiative grrr.
looks like the reality tv decade really cheesed a few cells, acting is acting people wake up.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Cause really, he is driving rather distracted which doesn't shine a great light on him

It was filmed an hour south of me.

The cop knew he was being filmed. It was on purpose.

And it was filmed on back roads in Dover. Some were closed off.
No one was in danger of the cop running off the road.

It was part of the local friendly-cop campaign.

edit on 1/23/2015 by FlyersFan because: spelling

new topics

top topics

join