It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

The thread's about the former King of Saudi Arabia not your political beefs.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
I wondered that once I found out how many family members were facing the same problem.a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Um,.that wouldn't be similar to the Bin Ladens genetic flaw would it\\/

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The thread's about the former King of Saudi Arabia not your political beefs.

No kidding. I wasn't the one who mentioned a Parisian rally first, however, I just responded to it.

I'll be quite dismayed if our broke-arse government can manage to fund a funeral flight to SA. There's no need for this when we have people posted there already who can attend on the POTUS' behalf.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
according to news reports his family is conservative and not all about making a huge staged event to celebrate his life and final well wishes from family and friends, his brothers are older now too so things could get a bit unstable in the immediate area

may he rest in peace

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'll be quite dismayed if our broke-arse government can manage to fund a funeral flight to SA. There's no need for this when we have people posted there already who can attend on the POTUS' behalf.

Lol - seems the mouth-to-mouth has ended.

Back to brown-nosing... or another false flag?

edit on 22/1/2015 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

may he rest in peace

I do not concur.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If you've seen the size of this guy's family, you'll stop with the power vacuum nonsense.

The House Of Saud is humongous...

Abdullah is said to have about 20 children as well as a lot of other very close relatives...

Wahhabism is alive & kicking, even if he isn't.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nope. Those are just the candy to get us where they want us.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I'm sure ISIS is wondering who will fund them now... they just lost one of their benefactors. At least they still have the CIA and Mossad cutting them a check.

That is absolutely WRONG.

Try Saudis GIP.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, came only one day after the embattled Damascus regime was battered by the loss of four of President Bashar Assad's most important security chiefs in a bombing inside the heavily guarded national security headquarters. Read more: www.upi.com...

CIA, and MOSSAD ?

What a crop of snip.

Wrong as usual, Neo.

Qatar and Saudi Arabia 'have ignited time bomb by funding global spread of radical Islam'

General Jonathan Shaw, Britain's former Assistant Chief of the Defence Staff, says Qatar and Saudi Arabia responsible for spread of radical Islam

America's Allies Are Funding ISIS

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), now threatening Baghdad, was funded for years by wealthy donors in Kuwait, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia, three U.S. allies that have dual agendas in the war on terror.

The “State Sponsors” of ISIS, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey: Why are they No Subject to Sanctions?

Why hasn’t a similar full-spectrum commitment been used to render from Persian Gulf monarchies the same desired capitulation to Western desires in the Middle East and more specifically, in regards to ISIS? The answer is simple, the West does not desire an end to the massive state-sponsorship of ISIS via its own allies, namely Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey, Jordan, and others.

Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country

How far is Saudi Arabia complicit in the Isis takeover of much of northern Iraq, and is it stoking an escalating Sunni-Shia conflict across the Islamic world? Some time before 9/11, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, once the powerful Saudi ambassador in Washington and head of Saudi intelligence until a few months ago, had a revealing and ominous conversation with the head of the British Secret Intelligence Service, MI6, Sir Richard Dearlove. Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

Again: Prince Bandar told him: "The time is not far off in the Middle East, Richard, when it will be literally 'God help the Shia'. More than a billion Sunnis have simply had enough of them."

There is no doubt about the accuracy of the quote by Prince Bandar, secretary-general of the Saudi National Security Council from 2005 and head of General Intelligence between 2012 and 2014, the crucial two years when al-Qa'ida-type jihadis took over the Sunni-armed opposition in Iraq and Syria. Speaking at the Royal United Services Institute last week, Dearlove, who headed MI6 from 1999 to 2004, emphasised the significance of Prince Bandar's words, saying that they constituted "a chilling comment that I remember very well indeed".

He does not doubt that substantial and sustained funding from private donors in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, to which the authorities may have turned a blind eye, has played a central role in the Isis surge into Sunni areas of Iraq. He said: "Such things simply do not happen spontaneously." This sounds realistic since the tribal and communal leadership in Sunni majority provinces is much beholden to Saudi and Gulf paymasters, and would be unlikely to cooperate with Isis without their consent.

US should stop Syria not ISIS: Saudi prince

U.S. policymakers should concentrate on eliminating the threat posed by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad instead of Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria, according to an influential member of the Saudi Arabian royal family.

And on and on... The Saudis are complicit in funding, aiding, and abetting ISIS. For appearance sake, they'll speak out against it, but it is only lip service.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Nope. Those are just the candy to get us where they want us.

A WikiLeaks released memo from the United States Secretary of State sent in 2009 asserted that the primary source of funding of Sunni terrorist groups worldwide was Saudi Arabia.[87

en.wikipedia.org...-87

While American officials have publicly been relatively upbeat about their progress in disrupting terrorist financing, the internal State Department cables, obtained by WikiLeaks and made available to several news organizations, offer a more pessimistic account, with blunt assessments of the threats to the United States from money flowing to militants affiliated with Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, Lashkar-e-Taiba and other groups.

A classified memo sent by Mrs. Clinton last December made it clear that residents of Saudi Arabia and its neighbors, all allies of the United States, are the chief financial supporters of many extremist activities. “It has been an ongoing challenge to persuade Saudi officials to treat terrorist financing emanating from Saudi Arabia as a strategic priority,” the cable said, concluding that “donors in Saudi Arabia constitute the most significant source of funding to Sunni terrorist groups worldwide.”

Is that right ?

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Wrong as usual, Neo.

Not hardly.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

How does that make what I said wrong? The Saudi's fund them so that Americans like yourself can become outraged and feel threatened, justifying action in areas the Saudi's want us to level.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Seriously ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try again.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Saudi King Abdullah has died; members of the Bush family to be flown at half-mast.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I'm sure some will cheer.... Personally i prefer the devil we know.

The devil you're getting is actually okey-dokey. If you had to pick, Salman is not the worst Saud you could have gotten. He's pretty honest and straightforward.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I suppose the Saudis bought the Texas plumbers truck that ended up in the hands of ISIS...

Gimme a break ISIS is the spawn of MOSSAD & the CIA.

Don't respond to me with your silly sources nobody believes Hillary Clinton on a good day so I won't take her word for it that Saudis are funding AQ...

And I'm suspicious of those who would never trust a word of Hillary's, that will suddenly take her memo as gospel.
edit on 22-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

That was WKILEAKS.

Whose word use to be good as gold on here.

Funny how that changed.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I'm not saying Wikileaks is suspect all round...

But I'd guess a lot of the info they have isn't retreived against the will of the "exposed"...

But with their knowledge for a reason.

Controlled opposition & all that goodness.

I'm a nobody Neo, it's not for me to say Wikileaks isn't reputable enough for ATS...

It's just a personal decision.

edit on 22-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The one where about 30 other world leaders found the time to drop everything and go march through the streets of Paris in a show of solidarity against Muslim extremism.

Ordinarily, I might agree with you, but when the rest of the civilized world and some others find the time to be there standing arm in arm ... well, it looks bad when the US can't even be fussed to send the Attorney General who happened to be in Paris on that day with nothing else on his calendar.

Honestly, Obama didn't have any events on his calendar either, but I am making some concession to your point. However, we should have someone recognizable, and our ambassador to Paris isn't that person. Eric Holder would have served, but John Kerry would have been better.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join