It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
King Salman is currently suffering from severe dementia. He won't last long on the throne.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Talking about the lack of senior US Official presence at the Paris Rally where so many other world leaders were present.

Eric Holder could have done the duty. He was even in Paris at that moment, but we felt our ambassador was enough ...

But how many people want to bet Obama will find time on his "busy" golfing schedule to go to the funeral of the Saudi King?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

I'm not sure this is GOOD. It's about as GOOD as seeing Libya and Egypt fall to internecine bickering. It could destabilize the wider ME as a whole and that is a scary prospect right now.

At least we have our own domestic energy supplies.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GLaDOS

Let's see how the new king handles the threats from IS.

I think you mean how he handles getting the US to continue doing Saudi Arabia's dirty work.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IamAbeliever
Who is next leaneage wise after him?
edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Saudi King Abdullah dies aged 91

I ain't shedding any tears.

Ibn Saud had conquered most of the Arabian peninsula and consolidated it into one kingdom with the help of the fanatically religious Wahhabi Bedouins, who believed, among other things, that dying in battle was a ticket to paradise, that all images, from pictures to statues, had to be destroyed, that drinking and smoking and singing and dancing were sins punishable by whipping, and so forth.

articles.baltimoresun.com...

I shed no tears for a monarch.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Let's see how the new king handles the threats from IS.

I think you mean how he handles getting the US to continue doing Saudi Arabia's dirty work.

That is exactly wrong.

AQ, ISIS, and every other sunni terrorist organization does Saudi's dirty work.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
I'm sure ISIS is wondering who will fund them now... they just lost one of their benefactors. At least they still have the CIA and Mossad cutting them a check.

That is absolutely WRONG.

Try Saudis GIP.

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, came only one day after the embattled Damascus regime was battered by the loss of four of President Bashar Assad's most important security chiefs in a bombing inside the heavily guarded national security headquarters. Read more: www.upi.com...

CIA, and MOSSAD ?

What a crop of snip.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

A successor has been named . I see no reason for the Saudis not to continue down the well worn Wahhabi path .

The Saudis have always traversed down this path, go research the Ottoman-Saudi wars for example. The Ottomans were on the extreme left of the Islamic spectrum and the Wahhabists were obviously on the far right. They wanted their own "Caliphate" (sound familiar?) in Arabia and the Ottomans, who were the caretakers of Mecca (the holiest city in Islam) smashed their rebellion to pieces until their own empire was toppled due to the Arab rebellions that were aided by the British.

The Saudis will always go down this Wahhabist path, they are the ones who invented and introduced it to the Arabian peninsula. They are spat upon in the Turkic world.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Funny story a member of my family used to get chrismas cards from him

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
There is nothing just, fair, modern, enlightened one can say about the Saudi Royal Family.

Sadly a revolution would mean more lunatics at the helm. Urgh, a less deserving people of oil wealth I couldn't think of.
Heres hoping we change our energy focus and send them back to the desert to dwell whence they came.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Not after flogging the blogger, or the rest of the heinous things they do.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Talking about the lack of senior US Official presence at the Paris Rally where so many other world leaders were present.

Eric Holder could have done the duty. He was even in Paris at that moment, but we felt our ambassador was enough ...

But how many people want to bet Obama will find time on his "busy" golfing schedule to go to the funeral of the Saudi King?

Ok, I'll bite. What Paris rally was this, and why wasn't an ambassador good enough for it? I don't see why a leader of a country should attend a rally of another? It seems like just as much a waste of time & taxpayer money as attending a foreign head of state's funeral is, so ... explain why I should give two rips about the necessity of attending either one?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
There is nothing just, fair, modern, enlightened one can say about the Saudi Royal Family.

Sadly a revolution would mean more lunatics at the helm. Urgh, a less deserving people of oil wealth I couldn't think of.
Heres hoping we change our energy focus and send them back to the desert to dwell whence they came.

Well apprently from the relative I have who knew him that fear was why he never tried any major reform.
He was piss scared that a even more loony reguime would appear. Plus the fear if the royal family was overthrone they would lose there heads.

They let the local religious police run wild to appease the extremists and keep the peace.
In reality saudi Arabia is built on a house of cards.

Doesnt excuse the saudi royal family though.
edit on 22-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Many other world leaders went there too.

Do you seriously not know about the Charlie Hebdo incident and the rally afterwards or do you have an agenda here?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Many other world leaders went there too.

Do you seriously not know about the Charlie Hebdo incident and the rally afterwards or do you have an agenda here?

Oh, that Charlie magazine thing, yes I heard about it. I really don't care one way or the other what France did in the aftermath (sorry, folks)

Edit: And I still stand firm that attending a rally abroad is a waste of our taxpayer money just as much as attending head of state funerals are. Assigned ambassadors & diplomats are supposed to forge those shoulder-to-shoulder ties, are they not?
edit on 1/22/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Dammit pressed quote instead of edit

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well Here We Go, Let The Power Struggle Begin! A Game of Deception, Violence and Intrigue. May The Best Power Hungry Prince Win! LOL
Peace, Arjunanda a reply to: GLaDOS

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

There is a crown Prince, he has elected his half brother as next heir already.
Succession is intact.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People need to watch what the US administration does.

And what Iran is going to do.

Both will be playing in to our 'negotiations'. with them.

People also needs to see what happens now with the 'war' on terror.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join