It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threat Assessment Of ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
So I watch this video, and as an ATS member it makes me wonder is this planned opposition or is it truly organic in nature, or maybe a bit of both.

I can't help but think of Star Wars where both sides where controlled by one evil person, who would eventually pick the winner anyways, he controlled both armies, he wanted as many as possible to join the opposing army to give him more power and when the time was right he wiped out all his enemies externally and internally. By allowing time to show them winning fictitiously but not in the truest reality it made others join.

Is that what is happening the middle east, this is being allowed to grow until more power is given to the forces that want more power, to wipe them out, as they think they are winning and are given victories to make it seem real.

After your viewing this video as an ATS member what is your threat assessment of ISIS in the middle East?
Personally I think it is somewhat organic in nature but at the same time it is being allowed, to group all the most radical people together on purpose.
Long term prognosis they will be crushed, but who knows how long it will be allowed, and what freedom will we lose as governments deal with this?
edit on 22-1-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think the threat is high especially since they have been well-funded and supported by various elites and with the amount of chaos and war brewing, it's not so hard to imagine how isolated and disconnected individuals in western societies might join the ranks along with other disgruntled Muslims from war torn parts of the Middle East. I think this is a threat to all countries not just western.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

This reminds me of some book or movie, I forget which, maybe it was Orwell's 1984, where there was always a war. People didn't even know who the enemy was, it didn't matter, but in the background there were constant news reports of how "Our side is winning the war".

My assessment of ISIS threat to the US is that it's quite small in terms of ISIS being able to directly inflict any damage to anyone in the US.

The far greater threat to the US is the US political system itself. If we get another gunslinger in the White Hut who takes orders from the CFR, (Council on Foreign Relations), I can see the US doing far more damage to itself than ISIS ever dreamed of doing.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

They will remain a regional threat and we will eventually forget about them when the media cycle changes to the new thing to fear and get hysterical about. How's that Ebola going?
edit on 22-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

People are joining for dumb reasons. Sure they might be on the rise right now, but any well organized military force would squash them like a bug then they will see how much fun it is being part of the weirdo club.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I couldn't agree more with your post. Also what happened to the ukraine and russia conflict? MH170? Ferguson riots? There is never any conclusion in the news to any story. It's like watching a tv series that gets cancelled for some reason in its 3rd season. This ISIS situation may last a little longer than most stories but It will be trumped by a more "juicier" threat.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It really seems like these people are being possessed to carry out an evil war against people around the world. They have attacked and killed hostages from both western and eastern countries. It seems like no country is immune to this scourge.

I attribute this to the real Anti-Christ who is using the Islamic religion to rule the world. I mean really, this guy in the interview is saying these "extremists" are intelligent and are not some losers on the street. I find that alarming! If you're intelligent and have any logical thinking or a sense or morality, and you can't recognize that your "peaceful" religion and your "loving God" would condone such atrocities, than something is CONTROLLING your thoughts!

It's really ridiculous to think they believe they can take over the world. They have no air force, no navy, but a group of fanatical zombies who just want to kill people who don't follow their beliefs. Zombies don't have a mind of their own, and when you think your life's calling you to strap on a suicide vest and blow yourself and anyone up around you, than your mind is being controlled by the devil himself!

I'm not a religious person, but I do believe there is good and evil in this world. I strongly believe the Islam religion is the catalyst to recruit Satan's army.

It's about time that every county that has been affected by Islamic Terrorists schedule a summit to devise a united plan to rid this evil off the planet for good.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Yea. I've become the resident ATS bad guy because I point things like this out. I wasn't very popular during the Ebola scare either.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I got your back

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

This reminds me of some book or movie, I forget which, maybe it was Orwell's 1984, where there was always a war. People didn't even know who the enemy was, it didn't matter, but in the background there were constant news reports of how "Our side is winning the war".

My assessment of ISIS threat to the US is that it's quite small in terms of ISIS being able to directly inflict any damage to anyone in the US.

The far greater threat to the US is the US political system itself. If we get another gunslinger in the White Hut who takes orders from the CFR, (Council on Foreign Relations), I can see the US doing far more damage to itself than ISIS ever dreamed of doing.

I believe we have a winner ! IMHO this is not about religion ( 1.6 billion Muslims ) It is about Real Estate and our Foreign Policy.

I am more concerned with the evisceration of OUR civil liberties under the guise of fighting a military tactic ( Terrorism )

Everything offered to us via the MSM or our government is 100 % BS. : )

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Japan's doing a threat assessment....

Japanese Twitter Users Defy Hostage Crisis By Mocking Islamic State

And Japanese Twitter Users Stand Up To ISIS With... A Photoshop Meme

This could get interesting.
edit on 1/22/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yea. I've become the resident ATS bad guy because I point things like this out. I wasn't very popular during the Ebola scare either.

Hey we are all here for perspective. I may not like or agree with you or others but the viewpoints you and others share help to either give me a new and different perspective or solidify what I already believe. There is value in that.

IMO more people need to be like you and I. Have an opinion and voice it, no matter how it is perceived.

Rrgarding ISIS they are the real deal and given more time they will become a threat across the globe both directly and indirectly.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It was NOT possible for such an exteremely virulent desease to spread that is a liquid transfer.
IF IT WAS airborne we would know it rather fast ,as I said.

They have already inserted "advisors" into Ukraine so look for THAT one to pick up ,as well as a confrontation with China.
BARRING alien BS being used or ASTEROID threats OF COURSE.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You come off as sounding like an ISIS apologist at times is why.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

I am never apologizing for ISIS. They are reprehensible. I just don't see them as a threat to mainland America, like the media likes to portray them. No one has given me a solid explanation on how ISIS could ever pose a threat to EUROPE, let alone America.

You are assuming things about my argument if you read that I am apologizing for ISIS into what I am saying. I care about the majority of Muslims who AREN'T terrorists that people on ATS casually assume are all terrorists. The makeup of ISIS is a small percentage of the total Muslim population.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
No Air Force no navy no middle management that is able to survive for very long same goes for the average foot soldier. Fighting a bunch of stateless Kurds who just recently figured out how to use guided anti tank weapons. Taliban are way more capable because they've successfully engaged professional armies for wayyyy longer and shown to be relevant and adaptive to political as well as military threats. Isis is a bloody joke and whoever is air dropping them supplies is to blame as well as the Iraqi government under Maliki. Compare Isis to Hezbollah as well, the people who also successfully engaged Israel on many occasions. Isis is a hoax.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Oh I'm sure the next big thing to fear and get irrational over is just around the corner, and like I said once it comes, we'll forget about ISIS.

new topics

top topics

join