It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sugar Is A Gateway Drug!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It's high time we stop side-stepping the issue, and letting our streets run rampant with the #1 gateway drug in the world. What substance do you think it is that 100% of our drug addicts started out with? That's right, SUGAR! Sugar is a gateway drug. This is just a fact. People don't just start out with the hard stuff. They start out with the softer stuff, and that's a gateway into the hard stuff, which is addictive and is ruining our society. And it is a fact that all drug addicts got their start with sugar. Therefore, sugar is a gateway drug, and it is time we BAN THIS DANGEROUS GATEWAY DRUG!!! Let's move towards a drug-free America! Ban sugar, the world's #1 gateway drug!!!

edit on 22-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!

If you had suggested caffeine then I may have giggled rather than LOL.

Really?

Is sugar even a "drug"?

Provide a link or something that supports your insane thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sure, cut down sugar. I'm not giving you a cookie or chocolate star for bringing this up.

Moderation should always be observed. When we eat too much of anything we become addicted. Excess sugar consumption hogs the zinc in our bodies and it can lead to many bad things. Zinc is needed to taste things, if we get deficient, we need more sugar to taste the sweetness of sugar.

I actually like a tiny bit of sugar on occasion. I have kicked the habit of overconsumption of this drug.
edit on 22-1-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whatisurproblem

Ya it is very addictive to your body.

But op I am for legalizing all drugs so can't agree with ya here

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatisurproblem
LMAO!!!!

Really?

Is sugar even a "drug"?

Thank you for bringing up this substance. Yes, caffeine is another dangerous gateway drug...it actually ranks as the #2 gateway drug in the world. It's right up there with sugar, all drug addicts got started out with both sugar and caffeine. Therefore, they are both gateway drugs...dangerous ones at that...

Wait, not a drug? They're stimulants buddy...this is not a thread for being soft on drugs, and I simply will not tolerate you saying that it is OK for children to use stimulants...I read a story about this guy who violently murdered someone. Sure enough, they found a bottle of mountain dew on his person...think of all the children who have been abused under the influence of sugar and caffeine! And you want it available in stores!? For shame! FOR SHAME!!!
edit on 22-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Don't let Krinkles the clown hear you say that!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

LMAO!!!!

Really?

Is sugar even a "drug"?

Thank you for bringing up this substance. Yes, caffeine is another dangerous gateway drug...it actually ranks as the #2 gateway drug in the world. It's right up there with sugar, all drug addicts got started out with both sugar and caffeine. Therefore, they are both gateway drugs...dangerous ones at that...

Wait, not a drug? They're stimulants buddy...this is not a thread for being soft on drugs, and I simply will not tolerate you saying that it is OK for children to use stimulants...I read a story about this guy who violently murdered someone. Sure enough, they found a bottle of mountain dew on his person...think of all the children who have been abused under the influence of sugar and caffeine! And you want it available in stores!? SHAME ON YOU!

Boy, you are being a killjoy today. Attacking my coffee now.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Is sugar even a "drug"?

well it is a chemical and it has effects on your body......so yes.......

The definition is: a chemical substance that has known biological effects on humans or other animals
edit on 22-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sugar's a drug, along with tobacco as well as caffeine. In this society we allow certain drugs to be legal, ones that have detrimental effects on health. But others, mostly the ones with strong connections to spirituality, indigenous cultures and medicine, are restrained by red tape and/or outright prohibition. Makes no sense.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

I did a few quick searches and I found nothing that defines sugar a "drug".

Sure it may be addictive but you can say the same for almost anything.

Some people are chronic mastrubaters would you say they are "addicted" to mastrubating?

There are people who watch television for hours on end. People spend too much time on ATS......are they addicts?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whatisurproblem

Maybe. I guess it depends on the individual case. Then again some would argue they're not addicted. They might say it's habitual.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
10 Similarities Between Sugar, Junk Food and Abusive Drugs

Some people might want to rethink the whole, "sugar is not a drug" argument.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sugar in itself is not addictive, but the taste can be....

edit on 22-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Indeed, sugar can be considered a drug.
It harms the body and teeth and one tends to eat more when there's a chance.

Though, I think, sugar just tastes like acid to me.

Just the advertisements and the good look of candy had put emotions into sugar for me. All the dancing "laughing gums" on TV, consisting of smiles, the happy voices. My parents using sugar as reward for anything. Now I taste beyond the illusion, but still eat it in lack of food every day.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'm not sure people are getting that this is supposed to be a spoof thread, parodying certain arguments made against a certain substance, well the one we are allowed to talk about on this forum now...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney
I'm not sure people are getting that this is supposed to be a spoof thread, parodying certain arguments made against a certain substance, well the one we are allowed to talk about on this forum now...

Regardless, one who has not developed an addictive nature or are not predisposed to addictive tendencies can easily overlook their behavior when consuming food products. This leads to "cravings", that over time, turn an ordinary person into an addictive natured person.

Once this pattern of behavior solidifies itself in the mind, any future drug interactions are likely to produce the same tendencies than say someone who avoided processed foods or "white sugar" while growing up.

Studies have shown that addicted rats can switch between sugar, amphetamine and coc aine. This is called “cross-sensitization” and is one feature of addictive substances.

Source 1
Source 2

I'm not sure what type of response you are looking for in this thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

Ah, explains the "gateway"

Well, I'd still try to put out the usual info! Something has to be posted after all either way. Adding a joke to a joke - well, I'm not so good with that.

So yes, many drugs are indeed wrongly labeled a drug or anyway, using the definition drug is silly at all, since not describing substances as they are only leads to problems.
edit on 22-1-2015 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What's funny is that if they had banned sugar instead of Marijuana we'd all be far healthier.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Actually sugar is addictive. If you don't believe me, go on a Ketogenic diet for six weeks and tell me what happens when you smell a doughnut in the first week while your body is adjusting.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

You can eat sugar everyday for a full month and then completely stop without you or your body is longing for more sugar, you might miss the taste, so it's not the sugar that creates the addiction, it's the taste.

Thats why you want the donut, it taste good.

Most drugs are different in that your body wants more the more you take, if you completely stop, you will feel sick and have withdrawal symptoms.

Sugar and drugs are not comparable IMO...
edit on 22-1-2015 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join