It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush asks to meet privately with Mitt Romney in Utah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Defensive?
No.
I just don't see what the big deal is about the story.

They big deal is that they are strategizing about how to knock all the non-establishment candidates out without killing each other.

So basically, we get the two crappy candidates to choose from. Two guys who certainly don't believe in limited government, constitutional values. WooHoo!

Let's just hand Hillary or, worse, Warren the election.

That's not exactly unique to the GOP
Both parties put the most electable candidate on the ticket not the best candidate.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What many people fail to see is we republicans don't want RINOS.

"The People" who cares about the people?

The RNC does exactly what their corporate big money masters tell them to do....have you forgotten that the "corps" are now "people" too?

God help us....indeed!
edit on 22-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

So, the most electable candidate is the one the base doesn't want? Tell me how well that worked out for Romney last time around ...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jeezuz ! Not those two worn out party hacks....Amerika is washed up already...............

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

Leading potential Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush are scheduled to meet privately later this week in Utah, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

Former Florida governor Bush and 2012 Republican nominee Romney have grabbed recent buzz from operatives and donors aligned with the party’s establishment after both said they were exploring possible 2016 presidential bids.

The New York Times, citing two unidentified leading party members, said the session was planned before Romney made a surprise announcement earlier this month to a group of donors that he was weighing a third run for the White House. The paper said Bush had sought the meeting.

Looks like we have our GOP candidates for VP and pres. shaping up for 16. The neocon juggernaut rumbles along gaining strength and support.

GOP juggenaut gaining strength and support? Depending on what poll/story you look at, the GOP doesn't want Romney or Jeb. I'm very afaid that unless someone else steps up who's more palatable to our divided electorate, Hillary will be elected POTUS in 2016. Then we'll wish for the good old days of Obama, because Hillary is also a hawk as well as continuing the Dem economic plan already in place. I think if Rand Paul doesn't get the GOP nod, he'll run as an Independent. Just IMHO.

"Dear Mitt and Jeb: No, Thanks"
"But anyone planning a Romney re-do should know that broad appreciation for him on the 2014 trail in no way signals a wave of enthusiasm to see him again on his own campaign bus next year.
Mitt Romney is a good man, a good American and a good Republican. But there are two disqualifiers: inconsistent conservatism and the curse of his own private-sector success."
townhall.com...#!

"Ted Cruz, Jeb Bush Drop in Latest 2016 GOP Poll"
presidentialpolls.com...

"Hillary Clinton leads several potential GOP presidential contenders by double digits: poll"
www.washingtontimes.com...#!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Of course, it's still extremely early. There are a lot of things that can and will happen in the next year. At this point in time, the 2012 race looked a lot different than it wound up.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Of course, it's still extremely early. There are a lot of things that can and will happen in the next year. At this point in time, the 2012 race looked a lot different than it wound up.

There's still time to contact the RNC and make your feeling known...............
...lol

here's their email address.....www.gop.com...

think it will do any good?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I agree, it's still early and a lot of things can and will change. But like I said, this is a divided country. If the GOP wants again to occupy the Whitehouse, they are going to have to hold their nose and put up a RINO.
edit on 22-1-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Because that worked in 2008 and 2012 ... RINOs don't pull in the base and the GOP can't win without the base. I guess we're looking at a possible 8 more years of Democrat economics. *sigh* Maybe the world really WILL end this fall. At this rate, it's the only way things are going to actually get better in this country.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
They will discuss strategy to defeat others who will run against Bush.

Romney will run the interference campaign.

He has his underlings.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
If the GOP wants again to occupy the Whitehouse, they are going to have to hold their nose and put up a RINO.

What does that mean? That the majority of Americans don't want a "real" Republican, therefore one would have to be snuck in? Sounds like a nice little fascist scheme to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: UnBreakable

If the GOP wants again to occupy the Whitehouse, they are going to have to hold their nose and put up a RINO.

What does that mean? That the majority of Americans don't want a "real" Republican, therefore one would have to be snuck in? Sounds like a nice little fascist scheme to me.

No, that's just the nature of the makeup of this country now. Do you think the folks that got free stuff for the past six (will be eight) years are going to vote for a "real" Republican? As long as we have a two party system which takes us diffferent roads that leads us to the same path of destruction, then yes it really is like a "little facist scheme."

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If the 2016 tickets are :

Bush/Romney

Clinton/Warren.

I effing quit.

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920)

en.wikiquote.org...
edit on 22-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Looks like Mitt is getting his private initiative to join the Oil Mafia

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Tweedledee and Tweedledum negotiating who will get to be on the top bunk.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699
Looks like Mitt is getting his private initiative to join the Oil Mafia

Yep, as required to be a member of the Bush oil Mafia, you have to take out a Kennedy. Bush Sr. took out JFK, and Dubya took out JFK Jr. They will now offer Mitt to take out a future Kennedy. Miley Cyrus is dating Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger's son Patrick. It's a known fact Maria doesn't like Miley, and doesn't want her around the rest of the Kennedy clan. Mitt's been offered the dirty work to get rid of that twerker, as she might be a dangerous future Kennedy.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If the 2016 tickets are :

Bush/Romney

Clinton/Warren.

I effing quit.

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost... All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. Baltimore Sun (26 July 1920)

en.wikiquote.org...

You take this BS much to seriously!! If voting really made a difference, it would be illegal!
I see now that my youthful idealism and activism was a waste of time! Great entertainment now though, to watch the true believers twist in the wind. I see now that its just an elaborate charade by the real power brokers to further their agenda of "power thru profit" by giving the illusion of representative government. They only represent themselves and their stockholders.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The VP debates between Romney and Warren would be supreme !!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You think Warren is going to settle for the backseat and become a Biden retread playing second fiddle to Clinton?

She watched Obama push Hillary out. I predict that she's going to play dirty unless the Clinton machine has a ton of dirt on her. Of course, Warren hasn't done anything to make me think she can do more than spout populist tripe in a very mealy mouthed way. She honestly has all the charisma of a limp noodle.

But then Hillary isn't exactly making gains in the charismatic department, either.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree Warren won't go 2nd seat.

In fact she will distance herself from Hillary imo.

But I think Warren might consider a Cabinet position should Hillary get elected.

All that might depend on the Senate majority after the 2016 elections.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join