It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Home Secretary Leon Brittan Dies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The Conservative peer and former Cabinet minister Lord Brittan has died at the age of 75.

His family said in a statement the former Home Secretary died last night at his home after a long battle with cancer.

They said: "It is with great regret that we announce the death of Leon Brittan.

Former Home Secretary Leon Brittan Dies.

Leon Brittan has died after a long battle with Cancer amidst all of the controversy about him "losing" a dossier outlining Elite Paedophiles in UK Parliament.

I wonder what this will do for the "Independent" inquiry, that continues to be delayed.

Thoughts?

BBC Article

edit on 22-1-2015 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Further articles for those not aware of the situation:

Westminster child abuse exclusive

Fears over an establishment cover-up of an alleged Westminster paedophile ring in the 1980s deepened on Sunday night as it emerged that an “explosive” dossier of evidence lost by the Home Office was also handed to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

The file, believed to contain child abuse allegations relating to at least eight public figures, was compiled by the campaigning Conservative MP Geoffrey Dickens, who died in 1995.

Last week David Cameron ordered an investigation into how it came to be lost by the Home Office, which has since confirmed that 114 files relating to historical complaints of child abuse have either been misplaced or destroyed.

Two copies of the dossier were previously thought to have existed: one was handed to Leon Brittan, Home Secretary at the time, while the other was kept at Mr Dickens’s family home and was later destroyed by his wife.

But in a newspaper interview in August 1983 – two months into Leon Brittan’s term as Home Secretary under Margaret Thatcher – Mr Dickens revealed he had also sent a copy to the then Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP), Sir Thomas Hetherington.

Margaret Thatcher’s Cabinet bigwigs named

The paedophile dossier handed to former Home Secretary Leon Brittan named two high-ranking colleagues in Margaret Thatcher’s cabinet, it has been claimed.

The file said to have named Sir Keith Joseph and Sir Rhodes Boyson amid warnings of an active child abuse network in Westminster sparked an internal Home Office inquiry.

edit on 22-1-2015 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This really is a bad day for justice. Im gutted.
Along with Sir Edward Heath, Sir Cyril Smith, Sir Peter Hayman, Sir Jimmy Savile, Sir Rhodes Boyson and now Sir Leon Brittan, all getting away without facing justice for their sick crimes.
Anyone noticing a trend here?

Its f**king disgusting, to say Im very angry would be an understatement.

Leon Britton was a KEY witness in the westminster paedophile scandal. Its highly convenient that he has died now.
edit on 20151America/Chicago01pm1pmThu, 22 Jan 2015 12:28:25 -06000115 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: skitzspiricy

I have already posted an opinion in previous threads that the powers that be were waiting for Brittan to pop his clogs. I also think they will try and preserve his reputation.

All the fuss about losing the dossier and nothing about his paedophilic past. His funeral will be interesting.

It may also be that his health condition contributed to his non-investigation. One MP said that when due to give evidence at a previous enquiry he was advised not to name names as it might lead to the death of a noble peer or some such...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Good riddance to a pedo.

Losing that dossier was BS you don't just loss something that big. The bastard was in on it. I dont beleive in hell but if it exists I hope he is burning in a very hot place with the likes of Saville.

If your home sec and someone sticks a document on your desk exposing one of britains worst cover ups you dont lose it,
Its bollocks to think that. Someone stuck it through a shredder.
edit on 22-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Good riddance to a pedo.

Losing that dossier was BS you don't just loss something that big. The bastard was in on it. I dont beleive in hell but if it exists I hope he is burning in a very hot place with the likes of Saville.

He denied ever "remembering" it for years.
A HM Customs officer has claimed seeing aconfiscated paedophile movie with Brittan in it having sex with a young boy, and also the claim that there were photos of Brittan at Elm Guest House at one of the "Kings and Queens" parties dressed in a maids outfit with a naked, what appeared to be around 12 yr old boy, in front of him.

I think Savile would enjoy "Hell".
Some people just like pain. And having sex with dead bodies.

SMH.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

He died of domestos, kills 99% of all germs

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Oddly convenient timing. I don't remember his having cancer being mentioned before. Am I misinformed?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnightmosesuk
Oddly convenient timing. I don't remember his having cancer being mentioned before. Am I misinformed?

I thought that too.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Leon Brittan was an odious man.

It has been quite 'common knowledge' for some time now that he was one of the MP's who was suspected of being involved in the paedophile ring that had politicians and other 'noted' individuals included in their number.

It's a shame he has escaped the humiliation of being publicly named whilst he was alive.

If the public demand further revelations of the full extent of this paedophile ring I suspect that Brittan and some other deceased or ageing politicians and minor 'celebrities' will be offered up as sacrificial lambs in order to deflect attention away from those who are still in positions of power and influence etc and are currently active in these disgusting activities.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, the delaying tactics seem to be working at any rate. Even now documents are no doubt being incinerated and other evidence is being neutralised. This all stinks to high heaven.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
If the public demand further revelations of the full extent of this paedophile ring I suspect that Brittan and some other deceased or ageing politicians and minor 'celebrities' will be offered up as sacrificial lambs in order to deflect attention away from those who are still in positions of power and influence etc and are currently active in these disgusting activities.

Absolutely correct.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnightmosesuk

That was my first thought on hearing this news also. My second thought was that it came just a day after the Sky report about the 'recently discovered' memo seen by Thatcher in 1980 regarding the 'unnatural sexual practices' of a major public figure of the time - the name of whom is still classified due to that old get-out clause - 'issues of national security'.

But I'm sure the two events are entirely unrelated...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: skitzspiricy
As North Americans of a certain age might say...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I remember politicians such as Keith Joseph and Leon Brittain being in Margaret Thatcher's Government when I was growing up in the 1980s and was reaching political awareness during the early 80s. I remember Keith Joseph being a terrible Education Secretary and I did not like Leon Brittain. I just could not put my finger on it but there was something about him that was odd. Anyway my main objections against them was their politics. Now I learn that it is being alleged that they were up to their necks in paedophilia activity in some form or another. That disgusts me. I don't think the truth will ever come out, perhaps in my 90s when I am reading to shuffle my mortal coil I might hear a bit more of what really went on but I doubt I will get to see the truth.

As to Leon Brittain being bumped off, well it would not surprise me. Maybe he did have cancer, perhaps his demise was speeded up. After all if they could "suicide" Dr James Kelly then they could do it to anyone if they wanted them permanently silenced.

This whole thing stinks to high heaven. What bothers me even more is the worry that pedos could still be active in the heart of Westminster today. That thought alone makes my toes curl.

new topics

top topics

join