It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tongan volcano creates new island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

"The new island is more than one kilometre wide, two kilometres long and about 100 metres high,"

This is nature at its finest . Two square kilometres of new landmass in just a few weeks . It would be great if there were some some close up pictures of the new island but given the hazards of ash and gases i don't blame them for not getting to close . It is not very often that you get to see an island being born . Pretty cool

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I am an honarary Royal Tongan Marine ( I am a US Marine 03) Them are some big fighters from their kingdom, I bet they are so stoked about this it makes me excited for my brothers in arms. I should upload my Tongan videos for the occasion this type of stuff gets me excited

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Tongans are big al-right , as are many throughout the islands in the general area . So you are a US Tongan marine . That deserves its own thread .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I am a US Marine, I became an honorary Royal Tongan Marine when I beat one of their big ass Marines in a grappling match In Baghdad Iraq back in 07 it happened to be their commander, back then they used to provide security on BIAP and Slayer and Victory Base. I have some interesting videos of the Tongan Marines they have a strong warrior spirit and are very gentle human beings. Grappling one was crazy those dudes are literally like damn near 7 ft tall and buff I won because I am short and strong
edit on 22-1-2015 by Brotherman because: spelling n other stuff =p

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I was not aware that Tonga had a presence in Iraq . I will add this to the things i learnt today .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

they dedicated a company of the kingdoms best fighting Marines to preserve and protect, they are very awesome people and sharing culture and athletics with them was honor and awesome

In March 2003 Military to Military talks began between Tonga and the United States about Tonga providing troops for the Multinational force in Iraq. Support arrangements were finalized in May 2004. 45 Royal Tongan Marines led by the Chief of Defense of the Tonga Defense Services, Colonel Tau'aika 'Uta'atu, departed Tonga on 13 June 2004. From July 2004, the Royal Tonga Marines were augmenting the 1st Marine Expeditionary Forces (MEF) in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq. The Royal Marines supported the 1st Marine Division's security and stabilization mission at Camp Blue Diamond. Tonga first served with the 1st MEF on the Solomon Island during World War II. The Royal Tongan Marines returned from Iraq in December 2004.

Tongan troops training in England with the Royal Air Force Regiment in 2010.

Royal Tongan Marines participate in a "haka," a ceremonial dance, during a flag lowering ceremony aboard Camp Leatherneck, Helmand province, Afghanistan, April 28, 2014.

A group of Royal Tongan Marines during a training exercise in the United States in 2007
In 2006, TDS soldiers, in cooperation with local police, were deployed to deal with the Nuku'alofa riots.[4]

In December 2008, the Tonga Defence Services ended their mission in the Iraq War and returned home.[7]

link
edit on 22-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
There's a mythical lake near Mt Shasta in Cali that was once a volcano but it collapsed I forgot the term for those structures but many legends and paranormal activity associated with volcanos and lakes.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Won't be long before it's claimed and concreted over...

Seems thats all we do these days, build over every piece of land!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Won't be long before it's claimed and concreted over...

I had that very same thought about the concreting over . Or at least making it habitable . If this was to happen near a major oilfield would the country that discovered it have legal title and therefore control over said oil .

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is pretty awesome... beat me to making a thread

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 13-3-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

beat me to making a thread

Only by about 2 months . Lol . I seen this a day or so ago and thought it might be a newer island . The sizes in the 2 articles don't match up . It would be interesting to find out the timeline for this island dissapearing .

top topics

join