It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No rest in peace for these WW2 British soldiers in Libya (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

How does that make me a hypocrite?

I clearly said "in the name of a nation"...

I never said that I agree with that or that I accept that it's in my name.

& I clearly implicated NATO as the killers not the average Joe who doesn't get a say in it.

& because you asked, I think about leaving this place everyday.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Because tombstones of British soldiers are a representation of British military, British power, etc.

The cross is representative of Christianity.

Desecrating a grave is one thing. Desecrating a symbol of a religion is another.

Depends on how interwoven that national religion is in with the culture.

Can;t just skip by that, a cross to an Italian Roman Catholic is every bit as important & self-defining to them as their genetic heritage is, for example.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Not even the dead can escape the hatred.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Hey now. I see Charlie's comments as a "what else do you expect?" and nothing more. And he's hardly the first to refer to drone strikes as state sanctioned murder (and im not even going there with this comment).

Falling back to the "you don't like it, leave" argument is weak, in my opinion. I don't like a lot of the things the government does. I'm damn sure happy to live where I'm free to disagree with my government and criticize them, though, and I have no interest in moving somewhere else just because "they" do something different. I think Charlie, and a lot of others, feel the same way.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If they were seperate destructions I'd agree with you...

Mob rule suggests that eventually someone was gonna go for the big target while others went for the smaller more frequent targets...

Sure he may have just hated Christianity...
But the way I see it they didn't go in there and just destroy the Cross...

Kinda points to an all round pissed off group rather than the acts of an anti-Christ.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It's always interesting when you see people playing the "Professional Victim" scenario and blaming everyone else for their woes and and thinks it to be a legal defence.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Because tombstones of British soldiers are a representation of British military, British power, etc.

The cross is representative of Christianity.

Desecrating a grave is one thing. Desecrating a symbol of a religion is another.

Depends on how interwoven that national religion is in with the culture.

Can;t just skip by that, a cross to an Italian Roman Catholic is every bit as important & self-defining to them as their genetic heritage is, for example.

Be that as it may, I think ignoring the fact that they're not only going after tombstones but also the cross is intentionally dense. How one can ignore the possibility that it's being done to deface the cross of Christianity, and not just because it's an extension of "being English" is beyond me.

You're putting a lot of thought into it, IF these guys are acting out of an emotional state as Charlie posits.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
To add, I think as expected as it was, as I've stated, & have no further need to elaborate...

It's still disgusting...

If they were given graves & headstones in Libya, they were probably protecting Libya...

& WW2 victims have nothing to do with what happened a couple of years ago...

Deplorable actions imo.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Different viewpoints then. I see the destruction of the cross as being a "while we're at it" thing and not just a "im mad and wanna break stuff" thing.

Agree to disagree I guess. We were on such a roll there for a while too...

Lol always a good chat with you Charlie

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I never said "if you don't like it leave" I asked if he ever thought about moving to one of those countries.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You too Shamrock

I can definitely see your point anyways...

& I can't say that's not the right asertion...
It's just as believable as my initial line of thinking.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No. You pointed out that he lives in a country that sanctions terrorism. Then called him a hypocrite. Then asked if he's ever considered moving to one of "those" countries.

Dress it up however you want, still sounds like "feel free to leave" to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't move to Libya... Maybe before Gaddafi was hunted down.

But definitely not now.

To be honest they're either unstable like Egypt, or corrupt like Saudi Arabia...
Not exactly spoiled for choice on the Middle Eastern front.

I've thought about Palestine, but I get the feeling you have to be born there to be fully ready to deal with the persecution.

I may move there for a period of time, but long term I'd probably end up in an Israeli prison for throwing stones.

edit on 21-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Honestly, as an American, I still don't understand the rational as to why did we did what we did in Libya?

liberation? Justice? deposing a despot ruler?

Honestly!?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I wouldn't move to Libya… Maybe before Gaddafi was hunted down.
But definitely not now.

Me neither. Pretty nice place place before NATO "intervened" in their sovereignty and self determination. We only destroyed their whole damn way of life and decapitated their government. But lets not care a bit about the living people of Libya, just some old bones in the ground.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: roaland

Sleeping children "are placed" there, of course they are how could I be so naive to think that NATO doesn't massacre innocent people...

You've shown me the light...

I do blame the terrorists...

The terrorists with the drones & bombs that take the lives of children sleeping in there beds.

You see what's up, right? You have to know patience is wearing thin. When the last straw breaks the camels back, it's going to be something ugly on a grand scale. You know most of the west wants their blood for # like this. The peaceful solution is over with but I do sympathize with the innocent who are going to pay the ultimate price. France is pissed. Japan is pissed. Most of Europe is pissed. Most of the world is pissed. Where do you see the natural progression leading to?

Talking and not doing anything about it is just about over. I seen a video a while ago like this and was wondering if this was the same one. I'm pretty sure it is.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I saw this grave desecration in Lybia story a couple of years ago, they hit Aussie Digger graves also.
I wander if this is old footage coming out now to spark more outrage or the asshats did it again .

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree Libya was one heck of allot better off before it was attacked and destroyed by "whatever you want to call them".

In defense of the young men working hard at destroying the grave sights and Christen symbolism..

They are probably to stupidly dumb to realize the guys in the ground were the ones that fought the Nazi's before they were born and after the dust settled, they had a country called Libya they could fight over with real borders on a map and everything !

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The video in Op was recorded 3 years ago, few months after we removed Gadaffi. Gadaffi who was telling us that he was fighting against extremists. Thank you David Cameron

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: 727Sky

Perhaps they would rather speak German and see how the Nazis treated their religion .

Exactly if it were not for those brave dead brits these scum would be nothing more than ash floating up a chimmly in poland.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join