It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No rest in peace for these WW2 British soldiers in Libya (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For those who can not view the video there is a cemetery that holds the remains of British soldiers who died during WW2. A group of misguided young men are destroying grave stones as an act of desecration. No rest in peace for the dead WW2 British soldiers in Libya. Actually at this point the soldiers couldn't possibly care less; but it still pisses me off on many levels.

youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And if you did this to their graves they would be screaming death to your children and trying to blow up civilians.

Cretins is what they are and the world would be better off without them.

Moron's with no respect for anyone.

P

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Perhaps they would rather speak German and see how the Nazis treated their religion .

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So thats what they do to pass the time over there?

The backlash groweth.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
karma's a b*tch
edit on 21-1-2015 by cleverhans because: Thanks Ben

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
i think we should start taking notes from our world war 2 veterans and start using more bacon. just thinking outside the box
bacon bombs

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is what happens when you Airstrike their children under the guise of "liberation"...

Some people just don't feel "liberated"...

They feel like their children have been massacred.

Just a thought...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

you realize these idiots intentionally place themselves among civilians right? don't blame us, blame the idiots, oh I'm sorry, terrorists.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: roaland

Sleeping children "are placed" there, of course they are how could I be so naive to think that NATO doesn't massacre innocent people...

You've shown me the light...

I do blame the terrorists...

The terrorists with the drones & bombs that take the lives of children sleeping in there beds.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

That's not even worth a rebuttal lol

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
This is what happens when you Airstrike their children under the guise of "liberation"...

Some people just don't feel "liberated"...

They feel like their children have been massacred.

Just a thought...

Two questions:

1) I don't speak the language. Can you point out which one of them said "my kid was killed in an airstrike and that's why I'm doing this" for us? Was it the one who looked all of about 16? Maybe the one who may have been 20?

2) Assuming your sentiment is true: what's the excuse for desecrating the cross?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I do blame the terrorists... The terrorists with the drones & bombs that take the lives of children sleeping in there beds.

What about the terrorist that strap bombs to their kids in the name of allah?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

1) "Their children" as in the children of Libya...

Like you might say "they send our children to a phony war" when referring to the Government sending the youth of *insert nation* to die...

2) I don't think that holds any significance other than internal rage being let out. People usually act irrational when thinking about family, friends, relatives & countrymen being slaughtered just so another nation could overthrow their leadership.

Like I said... Just a thought.

Maybe others could think about it too... Maybe put the shoe on the other foot... Still just a thought though!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yeah they can rot as well...

Forgive me though...
I do find "sanctioned & authorised" terror on behalf of a Nation of "civilised people" a much more bitter pill to swallow than radical psychopaths acting out as you'd expect them to...
edit on 21-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Oh, okay.

Tombstones: act of retribution for Libyans being killed.

Cross desecrated: meh, no bigs. Just a little emotional outburst.

Got it

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Those acts of retribution are emotional outbursts...

I don't understand why you are separating the two to be honest.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Funny you live in one of those civilized nations that sanctions and authorize "terror", I guess that makes you a hypocrite? Ever think about moving to one of those great places?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think you are all mixing up expectation with appreciation...

I never once said I agree with any of this...

I was clear to imply it's hardly unexpected.

Just like I expected Mosques to be attacked after Charlie Hebdo, doesn't mean I agree with it!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Do you people really expect enemy graves in foreign lands to be respected? If the shoe was on the other foot, I have no doubt a bunch of Americans would have no second thoughts about doing the same thing in retribution. No matter the amount of time passed.

Secondly, and most importantly, we need to let go of our glamorization of graves to begin with. There's zero emotional ammo to be used against someone if we don't put a pit of buried bones so high up on the importance pedestal.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Because tombstones of British soldiers are a representation of British military, British power, etc.

The cross is representative of Christianity.

Desecrating a grave is one thing. Desecrating a symbol of a religion is another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join