It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Not Found at Ohio University -- All Clear -- Brinks Driver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Just coming over Twitter now, very preliminary tweets. Initially reported via a tweet from the Director of Electronic Media at the University.

Several corroborating tweets from faculty, shooter is still at large.

Police are on the scene, blocking access. More police being heard on the way.

Active Shooter Situation at Ohio University

WSAZ is tracking a breaking news alert out of Ironton, where we are told law enforcement is on the scene of an active shooter situation at Ohio University - Southern.

A member of the faculty at Ohio University - Southern said there is a confirmed active shooter and the school is on lockdown.

Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) is tweeting that an Ohio State University spokeswoman is say that reports of an active shooter are inaccurate.

UPDATE: Local news is reporting that there is an all-clear given, campus removed from lock-down. No shooter has been found.

This opening post will be updated as more is known.
edit on 21-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Every time I see one of these the bottom falls out of my stomach and I'm thinking please... Not again.

Thanks for reporting it for those of us without cable. Hopefully everything will turn out ok for all involved.
edit on 1/21/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

We have to start treating each other like human beings and start connecting with one another on an emotional level.

Thats the only way we can stop these events from happening.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

onequestion thinks im crazy...... so be it!
edit on 2015-01-21T17:47:22-06:00201501bpm3101pm2231 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Are you crazy?

link   
a reply to: onequestion

Agreed, but they divide us with EXPERT SKILL,none are free of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

From WSAZ's FB account:

Let's hope this is spot on and no shots were fired.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Blah blah blah GUNS! >:-(

But blah blah blah gun rights! Blah Muricah!

I'm sure both sides are ready at each other, I know where I stand in my mind but all that pales into nothing when you have an ongoing tragedy on your hands. Dissection and analysis should occur in due course, but for now my thoughts are for those in the wrong place at the wrong time. I cannot imagine how I would feel as a parent if a gunman showed up at my childs school, the anguish would be like nothing on earth. Being told to stay away, when a child is in direct harms way? My heart goes out to them.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Totally agree.

We need to go outside. Talk to our neighbors. Even if they're different than we are.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
ATS scoops CNN again.

I hope no gun shots get fired this time.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

We have to start treating each other like human beings and start connecting with one another on an emotional level.

Thats the only way we can stop these events from happening.

I think emotions are the problem these days too many people get their feelings hurt too easy we need to use are brains more then our hearts.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

There's conflicting reports. Faculty are tweeting that there's an active shooter. Some students tweeting they heard gun fire. But a university spokesperson says there is a "lockdown," but no shooter.

Odd.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Blah blah blah GUNS! >:-(

But blah blah blah gun rights! Blah Muricah!

I'm sure both sides are ready at each other, I know where I stand in my mind but all that pales into nothing when you have an ongoing tragedy on your hands. Dissection and analysis should occur in due course, but for now my thoughts are for those in the wrong place at the wrong time. I cannot imagine how I would feel as a parent if a gunman showed up at my childs school, the anguish would be like nothing on earth. Being told to stay away, when a child is in direct harms way? My heart goes out to them.

This is happening at a University.

And you're the first to mention "gun rights". Good job.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

They can only try to divide us we have to make those choices for ourselves.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I live here and it is nothing . No shots were ever fired and no person with a weapon found
. It was a freaking armored car driver from Brinks .

link   

Ohio University retweeted
OhioUniversityPolice @oupolice · 7m 7 minutes ago
OU Southern campus lockdown has been cleared. Subject was identified as an armored car security guard. Classes will resume at 7 p.m.

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Your completely wrong, people need to get in touch with their emotions more but not let those emotions control them.

People are out of touch with themselves and allowing their emotions to control them is part of the problem. We need to wake up and understand those emotions and learn to connect with them and learn to connect with that experience in others.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It appears to be over, it was a Brinks truck driver.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Ryan Parker (@TheRyanParker) is tweeting that an Ohio State University spokeswoman is say that reports of an active shooter are inaccurate.

Ohio University and Ohio State University are two separate schools. Ohio University is Ohio's first and oldest University where students get an education while Ohio State University is where they play Football.
edit on 2015/1/21 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The only way for that to happen is if we got rid of all types of social media.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join