It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Dept. Moving to Clear Ferguson Officer of Civil Rights Charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This in today from the NYT:
Looks like the D.O.J. is clearing Officer Wilson.

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has begun work on a legal memo recommending no civil rights charges against a white police officer in Ferguson, Mo., who killed an unarmed black teenager in August, law enforcement officials said.

That would close the politically charged case in the shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown. The investigation by the F.B.I., which is complete, found no evidence to support civil rights charges against the officer, Darren Wilson, the officials said.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 21-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 21-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: PLEASE DO NOT PASTE SUCH LARGE AMOUNTS OF TEXT FROM EXTERNAL SOURCES

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The FBI. What did you expect? They "assisted" the officer's grand jury prep.

They have never found any wrongdoing in any agent involved killing --ever.
Not even the guy shot in the back of the head while in custody.

shocker.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oh boy.

I wonder how this will go over. With a bang? Or a whimper?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Good for him, but unfortunately his life is still ruined thanks to a few vindictive liars with no conscience.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

When did an FBI agent shoot somebody in custody in the head?

The FBI and U.S. attorney successfully indicted a Chicago PD officer for civil rights violations, among other charges, as recently as November so....yea.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If theres already no criminal charges..... Whats the point ?

He'll have to live with his decisions the rest of his life, if he has any conscience.

.........unlike many ignorant populace.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

I think the point many miss is that lack of evidence is not lack of guilt...

I don't know the whole truth of what happened that day with officer Wilson and Brown, but I do know with a measure of certainty that the grand Jury was stacked with nonsense witnesses while harder evidence was ignored or not emphasized...and both the witnesses and Wilson lied about what happened.

Grand Jury's very rarely indict cops because the prosecutors are always close to and work closely with those same cops and police force for the other 99.9% of their career.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

What did Wilson lie about?
I must have missed something.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That makes another one.

So the Department of Injustice is 0 in 2 now.

Neither Zimmerman or this guy were charged cause they were 'racist'.

Ya think they would get the message, and let local LEO sort their own snip out..

They haven't been wrong yet.

edit on 21-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Really, what did you expect? The "crime scene investigation" was a blatant joke, a lot of evidence was lost or destroyed by the officers handling it, and Wilson's fellow fascists in blue covered up for him the moment he called it in. Of course the government is going to find for the cop. The government is the one pushing militarized police and the destruction of our rights in the first place, and Wilson was doing his job in that capacity.

The only "justice" that any of the victims will get is that Wilson will unlikely ever work in law enforcement again, and his rep has been tarnished. However, the next time a cop goes and shoots, injures, or harms the public again, there probably won't even be an investigation.

If this trend continues, then we will be seeing more and more retaliation against the police, which could get messy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sounds like the Left Wing Progressives have become their own victim yet again.

Authoritarian methods used to investigate authoritarian methods usually end in stalemate.

Laws designed to suppress or heighten other laws create conflicting Hegelian Principles

Who was the joke supposed to on anyway?

Never let a crisis go to waste.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Really, what did you expect? The "crime scene investigation" was a blatant joke, a lot of evidence was lost or destroyed by the officers handling it, and Wilson's fellow fascists in blue covered up for him the moment he called it in. Of course the government is going to find for the cop. The government is the one pushing militarized police and the destruction of our rights in the first place, and Wilson was doing his job in that capacity.

The only "justice" that any of the victims will get is that Wilson will unlikely ever work in law enforcement again, and his rep has been tarnished. However, the next time a cop goes and shoots, injures, or harms the public again, there probably won't even be an investigation.

If this trend continues, then we will be seeing more and more retaliation against the police, which could get messy.

Can you supply any specifics for your claims?

Any references from the GJ testimony?

######SNIPPED#####

Community Announcement re: Decorum
edit on Thu Jan 22 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is a real shame...

It's all those prejudice white people in the White House and Justice Department not doing the right thing....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

'"Why did the FBI execute my boy?' Father of Boston bomber's friend displays gruesome photos of his son's corpse showing unarmed man was shot SEVEN times during questioning - including once in the back of the head"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

'"Why did the FBI execute my boy?' Father of Boston bomber's friend displays gruesome photos of his son's corpse showing unarmed man was shot SEVEN times during questioning - including once in the back of the head"
www.dailymail.co.uk...

I asked about the FBI shooting somebody in custody in the back of the head. In custody being the key phrase, since that was the initial statement I replied to.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I asked about the FBI shooting somebody in custody in the back of the head. In custody being the key phrase, since that was the initial statement I replied to.

Sorry. Misunderstood.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No worries.

As it pertains to that case, though: the dad said his son was shot in the back of the head. The autopsy did not say that.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Agreed.

And to top it off Wilson said, in his interview on TV after the verdict, that he thought he'd be great at training others. He said it with a straight face, but that comment is laughable no matter what side you're on.
edit on 22-1-2015 by thepixelpusher because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Maybe officer Wilson can train young black youths to follow all instructions from a sworn peace officer and if they have any greviences they can file a complaint against officer at the courthouse or with his superior officer so that way they don't get shot! That is what I was taught by my parents follow all instructions given by a piece officer and if I don't agree with them I'll get my day I'm court. I've come accross a few a holes but that advice has kept me alive!
edit on 23-1-2015 by tiberius10721 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: IAMTAT

The FBI. What did you expect? They "assisted" the officer's grand jury prep.

They have never found any wrongdoing in any agent involved killing --ever.
Not even the guy shot in the back of the head while in custody.

shocker.

Just curious, what evidence that is available, would you say, does point to any wrongdoing? A valid and honest question.

After you answer that, what evidence do you think we, as normal serfs....er, citizens, are not seeing that is driving not only a grand jury but also a Federal investigation to come to the same conclusion?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join