It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian AKs to Survive Obama Administration Import Ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How?

By opening up a factory here in the US.

For the first time ever a Russian arms company will have a factory producing AKs in the US.

I, for one, welcome Kalashnikov Concern with open arms. Not only will this bring an end to the Russian AK import ban by simply making the AKs in the US, but it will give the AK market a breath of fresh air. No more 922r compliance BS, and they will be bringing in world renowned Kalashnikov Quality Control that the domestic AK market desperately needs.

Kalashnikov Concern Coming To America

edit on pWed, 21 Jan 2015 14:30:37 -0600201521America/Chicago2015-01-21T14:30:37-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: updated with CNN link as original source 404'd

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Christmas gift decided...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yay!
I still don't want one..but you can get one

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I've heard that they have their own booth currently at SHOT show. Haven't had the time to read or watch any interviews with them in depth yet.

Also, Century Arms is starting to produce a 100% US made stamped AK. Cant think of the name of it (RAS 47 maybe?), but they just announced it recently. I think the MSRP is $699 for it.

Im wondering how KC is going to price their products now, since it looks like there's going to be a good bit of competition of US made AKs soon.

ETA - Yup, RAS 47 is what I was thinking of. (forgot they also released the C 39 not too long ago to)

edit on 21-1-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2015 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

C39 is a milled AK. While it has some glowing reviews it is not standard and many aftermarket stocks and devices won't work on them.

KC will be popular on their own. They definitely have a customer with me.

The RAS 47 has just been introduced so I will hold off excitement or judgment until the market has had time to run it through thoroughly.
edit on pWed, 21 Jan 2015 15:00:14 -0600201521America/Chicago2015-01-21T15:00:14-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Good to see .. it will also provide some good much needed jobs for people there as well ..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
THE SHOTGUN?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Saiga shotguns are made by KC so it stands to reason they will also be producing those too.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Woot..

I'll be looking forward to it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

And yet none of the lend-lease Korean Garands or Carbines were allowed back home.

How sad.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick

Yup that was a tragedy for every history nut that loves a great firearm.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
BTW, This is also a historic event.

Kalashnikov Concern has been in business since 1807. In all of that time there has never been a KC presence in the US. They are the first and ONLY Russian Arms manufacturer to ever open up shop in the United States.
edit on pWed, 21 Jan 2015 18:26:16 -0600201521America/Chicago2015-01-21T18:26:16-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh please, there's probably enough AK-47's already here in America or the Americas (across the southern border)in basements, trunks and other locations, can you really think of a reason why we truly need a factory here beyond 922 ? except the fact that they are running out of a market? honestly the craftsmanship can probably be compared to the Edsel, where, the rifle is so well crafted and durable, once you buy one, that's the only one you'll ever need, the world is flooded with those weapons, so yes new ones are great and they do get destroyed but for average individuals (gun owners or collectors) they only need one and they probably already have one, plus the price will probably be out of range for many..

I bet there are so man stockpiles of brand new AK-47's all over the world and more especially in the middle east.

Let's be honest here, with the climate politically, shortly after they open a factory, you best believe there will be some new law created to ban them and shut the operations down, plain and simple, you can't see that reality already materializing ?
edit on 21-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

Kalashnikov, I think, wants to expand its weapons design and product inventory. They are very limited in Russia in what they produce and Government contract is their biggest customer now that KC no longer has direct access to the US market.

They have seen the AR market explode and innovate. Due to restrictions on imports in the US, 922r compliance, and other concerns they have not really been able to expand their line of firearms.

Lastly they can't just create a random law to ban JUST Kalashnikov from creating a manufacturing center in the US. Kalashnikov USA is a US incorporated company and so long as they are in compliance with regulatory guidelines they will open up a US factory.

Also, just because you can get old surplus and refurbished AKs doesn't mean that's what the market is truly after. Kalashnikov has unsurpassed QC in how they are built. No other company can touch them in terms of quality.
edit on pWed, 21 Jan 2015 19:33:54 -0600201521America/Chicago2015-01-21T19:33:54-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Very informative reply, it's not too often that someone can have a sensible retort, I see what you are saying, I just have to think of the true motives, you have anti capitalists, capitalizing, coming to the world of the capitalist as it's last frontier...that's just how I see it, and of course there is a subculture and market for illegal weapons like the AK class that will easily tarnish the image of the brand, if used in some mass killing in America in the future, that will put a wrinkle in these plans quite abruptly I would think. Oh one more question, is there a Harley Davidson factory in Russia?
edit on 21-1-2015 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

They've been trying to do that with the evil AR15 for almost 3 decades. Kalashnikov rifles are extremely popular in the US. So much so that companies are going out of their way to tool up for heavy competition in the AK arena. I fully expect KC to be the biggest and best player in the field.

I'm not sure if there is an HD factory in Russia. But Kalashnikov Concern is still the first and largest builder of motorcycles in Russia.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Vx,

Do you know if KC manufactures gsh-18? I want one of those so bad!! And since it wouldn't be imported... It should come under the wire quite nicely that way. Also as a rebuttal to the you only need one AK comment... Probably true, but I'm like the Noah's ark of firearms collectors... Two of each AK... LOL (underfolder sidefolder fixed stock and pkm style btw ALL count as a different "animal" and gotta have 2 of each category from each country ROFL)
edit on 21-1-2015 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Vx,
do you know if they're gonna roll out ak-107,108 right away? I'm chomping at the bit to get ahold of! But NOOOO UKRAINE and sanctions and other dumb stuff! Now I just need ROSOPTICAL to start bringing back in my bifocal EE sight and belomo to bring in their COD2!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join