It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany Pegida: Protest leader quits in 'Hitler' row

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not yet.

But from a non-religious observational viewpoint, the sentiment expressed by some far-right wing groups and their supporters certainly suggests the world is heading that way.

We live in dangerous times.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Flippin' Hitler.
I've suffered through my adult life being unable to try a sideways hair parting. Why? Because stupid genetics, and Hitler (coincidence?).
You see, I have a need of a beard. Nothing fancy, just a short neatly trimmed one. It's mostly a light golden blonde, now with some darn spiffy white ones as well. The brilliant blondish soft colour, like Thor (slight stretch...).
Except, a raging black section directly under my nose in the unmistakable Hitler shape. I have to pluck it and trim it shorter to try and hide it's intensity. And yeah, fully shaven off is not an option for me...

Very hard to live with and explain. So why the heck would people do this on purpose? Boggles the mind, he's a class A knob!
edit on 21-1-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Not yet.

But from a non-religious observational viewpoint, the sentiment expressed by some far-right wing groups and their supporters certainly suggests the world is heading that way.

We live in dangerous times.

The USA has had a segment of that sentiment since the days of slavery, even going so far as to have Klansmen that were elected to national office... yet there has been no return to slavery, no public lynchings, and a national movement towards reverse racism. I think Europe makes the mistake of underestimating the intelligence of their average citizen, who recognizes the line between protectionism and plain old racism. I also think that the far left is way too quick to accuse racism and raise flags of warning that ultimately equal the Boy who Cried Wolf... which weakens their argument when they attempt to identify real racism.

I know very little about Pegida... and that tells me that there would have to be a fantastical leap made for the movement to even begin to be comparable to Hitler's following. When you're dealing with the greatest monster of the 20th Century, any sustainable attempt to move towards his wheelhouse is going to be a big story which the entire world would be reacting to.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Buy yourself a black bowler hat, grow your facial hair proudly, and say you're paying homage to Charlie Chaplin...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Now there's an idea. Except people would point and shout "Oi, why's Hitla' wearin' a funny hat for?". Sadly not enough know the greatness of Chaplin, my favourite scene of his is this one (with a luckily on topic subject matter, kinda) and my god he draws you in. His passion is on another planet. Brilliant. Click play!

Also, if I tried swinging a cane around, I'd Mr. Magoo up the entire house and possibly set off the LHC.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join