It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One in THIRTY £1 coins is a FAKE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow...... just wow, the bank of England are saying that almost 50 Million of fake £1's are in circulation,

what an amazing 'Bank Job' no guns, no break ins, no police and no one going to court!, the BOE is saying these fakes are almost perfect and will pass through most machines and be accepted,

Now, i have come across a few fake £1 coins, and all you can do is give it into a bank, but they wont give you a real one back, so basically you lose out if you have a couple of these.

Greatest Heist Ever???

Bank of England bosses have admitted they believe there are almost 50 million fake £1 coins in the nation's pockets.
Experts now believe that almost one in every thirty pound coins is a fake with around half of these counterfeit coins good enough to fool vending machine and automated tills.

but its not all bad news.... (unless you have a large amount of these fake ones under your pillow!)

a new secure coin will be in circulation by 2017, and the BOE is saying 'this will be the most secure circulating coin in the world' but still £50 million of fake coins out there.

this just makes me wonder how long it will be until all money is virtual and will be tendered using an RFID Chip implant under your skin? so now we cannot trust the coins in our pockets to be real....

Source
edit on 20/1/15 by Phatdamage because: Fixed link

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think money is on its way out with contactless payment which is becomming increasingly common in the UK.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am a bit of a traditionalist, so would fear money going, but the kids will move on, up, and out, and live for the convenience.

Regards
edit on 20/1/2015 by paraphi because: typo

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I think money is on its way out with contactless payment which is becomming increasingly common in the UK.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am a bit of a traditionalist, so would fear money going, but the kids will move on, up, and out, and live for the convenience.

Regards

It is a NWO planned. Your going to see homeless disappear on the streets. Later, everyone will be staying in houses working on computers and after that your neighbors start disappearing, your children is gonna get it so badly later on. Why do you think Animals are dying off?
edit on 20-1-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phatdamage

this just makes me wonder how long it will be until all money is virtual and will be tendered using an RFID Chip implant under your skin? so now we cannot trust the coins in our pockets to be real....

We are already close to that, but what happens even now when the hole-in-the-wall goes wonky? Chaos!
There'll be no RFID under my skin either..ever. Just picture some rabid mugger ripping off every organ, and then some trying to get your chip, and no super-dooper encryption won't work ultimately.

It's getting near time to buy gold as collateral. Barter was the original money, and probably the best.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Theres always been dodgy coins but generally they've been reasonably rare as they are normally pretty easy to spot but at the moment they're going more for the self scanning machines as they quite often take a while to be upgraded to the latest dodgy coins so they can go in buy something cheap and chuck in loads of dodgy coins and the machine will spit out good notes

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Canada has $2 coins....I wonder how many of them are fake??? Higher value, more incentive. The Canadian Gov is even talking about a $5 coin. Hell that might even get me into the minting business!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I knew a guy who leased a 0891 / 09096 premium rate line, it was around £1.50 per min from which he got around £1.00, it was a good deal. He made hundreds of fake £1.00 coins, loaded the phone boxes with them and dialed his premium rate number.

They're pretty easy to spot as they are either soft and can be marked with the thumb nail or they have discoloured paint. There's loads of fake money in England, it's a lie that the notes can not be forged perfectly, including the water mark. It's bad producers who make the ones which are easy to spot.

new topics

top topics

join