It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Makes NASA Finish Useless $350 Million Structure

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

My only question is ?

Is when the left does it it's called 'investment'.

When the right does it it''s called 'waste'.

Ain't they both one in da same ?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
No worries.

The current administration will just raise taxes on the evil rich to replace the money they blow.

One can only hope!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well according to this Washington post story, the tower was pushed to completion in June of 2014 by the then democratic controlled congress..

www.washingtonpost.com...

Either bloomburg or the Washington post is not being truthful.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

No worries.

The current administration will just raise taxes on the evil rich to replace the money they blow.

One can only hope!!!

So you would rather them raise taxes than cut of bull # pork barrel projects like this one?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Why do they waste time with the charade why didn`t they just take that $350 million and just divide it up fairly between the congressman, the company that built the tower and the workers who worked on the tower?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

No worries.

One can only hope!!!

So you would rather them raise taxes than cut of bull # pork barrel projects like this one?

No! But everyone knows, especially since the Citizens United decision, that big money buys these politicians into office. So, who better to tax for it than the rich? Let them pay for what they did.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Its a daily happenstance .

Contracts.projects a work force materials to use an abuse for no other reason.

Than to make rich people even richer.
Sarah Palin built her road to nowhere not to benefit America or Alaska .

It was for her own welfare along with her cronies .
The labourers painted lines on the road to no where.

Whilst they lined there pockets..

Tower to no where
Its not to test rocket engines or there power.

Just a daily example of how the elite love to weild there Power and have the peasants cower
edit on 19-1-2015 by ecossiepossie because: spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Good point thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No worries.

One can only hope!!!

No! But everyone knows, especially since the Citizens United decision, that big money buys these politicians into office. So, who better to tax for it than the rich? Let them pay for what they did.

Oh now tell the whole story there:

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, No. 08-205, 558 U.S. 310 (2010)[dead link], is a U.S. constitutional law case dealing with the regulation of campaign spending by organizations. The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibited the government from restricting independent political expenditures by a nonprofit corporation. The principles articulated by the Supreme Court in the case have also been extended to for-profit corporations, labor unions and other associations.

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course someone is neglecting this sort of snip was going on LONG before CU.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

No worries.

One can only hope!!!

Of course someone is neglecting this sort of snip was going on LONG before CU.

Uh, what?

As is usual for you Neo, just another ignorant instance of you opening your mouth and inserting your foot.

I didn't neglect any such thing. Go back, read my post again and see if the phrase; "especially since the CU decision" doesn't appear right there where I put it, for just that reason.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
350 million is small change when you see what is going on

www.intellihub.com...

California Senator Dianne Feinstein has managed to help get her husband an insider government deal worth around $1 billion,

www.presstv.ir...

Trading with the enemy

it's all good in the hood just stick it on the tab

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Tell me more how government hasn't been wasting our money, and politicians weren't for sell until just recently

Yeah someone sure stuck their foot in their mouths.

Tis not I though.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Tell me more how government hasn't been wasting our money, and politicians weren't for sell until just recently

Yeah someone sure stuck their foot in their mouths.

Tis not I though.

I never once said politicians weren't for sale until recently. That's just your ignorant assertion and it would be nice if you didn't try to put words in my mouth.

And I've always favored a progressive tax system.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yo Big money has been buying politicians since the days of Washington,Jefferson,Madison, Adams, etc.

CU doesn't really have anything to do with things.
edit on 19-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yo Big money has been buying politicians since the days of Washington,Jefferson,Madison, Adams, etc.

CU doesn't really have anything to do with things.

IMO, and what I believe to be the opinion of the vast majority of Americans, despite the fact that big money has always controlled our politicians to some extent, Citizen's United made things exponentially worse.

So like I said before, raise their taxes and let them pay for what they did.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No it didn't.

People need to face the facts.

Everyone is for sale here.

Politicians, and the People.

Federalists create lobbying. Aka big government types. This is either left or right, and BOTH.

The people create lobbying trying to sell their votes to either right or left.

Politicians sell themselves to the people. For cash, and the power of the vote.

The bigger government gets. The more politicians make. The more people make in various forms of 'entitlement' or 'corporate welfare'.

Neither politician or people act out of altruism.

They both like to get paid.

American morality is a joke.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They're trying to get NASA to fold up and disappear so this really isn't surprising.

Just to stir up the theorists, couldn't they just be testing these somewhere else and now they'll have a rocket ready launch pad?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

My only question is ?

Is when the left does it it's called 'investment'.

When the right does it it''s called 'waste'.

Ain't they both one in da same ?

Yeah, pretty much. The sooner people learn that they're on the same team the better off we could be. Personally I'm not holding my breath of that happening anytime soon. None of them fall far from the tree.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Interesting when the dialogue becomes Rep or Dem, and If the project was cancelled ahead of time or what, who's to say how much shinola was saved, had the project gone ahead. Look at HAARP for instance?
Out of the blue cancelled, closed down by public opinion or just out of time, or something else? Does anyone know...nah!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Cutting off the taxpayers feet so the government funded doctors have something to sew

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join