It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

330kmh Crash in a Lamborgini Huracan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
the crazy part is there were no fatalities... aside from the car

RIP

The crash actually occurred back in September of last year, but now Hungarian police have released footage of the incident, taken by the passenger in the Czech Republic-registered Huracan.

It conveniently shows the driver of the lumino-green Huracan accelerating up past indicated speeds of 330kph (205mph) while overtaking on Hungary's not-exactly-deserted M7 highway. And then... well, you'll have to watch the video for yourself, but suffice to note it ends with a couple of photos of the aftermath, and they ain't pretty.

Though, thankfully, there were no fatalities, we're told the mobile-wielding passenger suffered serious injuries in the crash, and that the 36-year-old driver faces charges of reckless driving and endangerment. The Lambo, needless to say, was a write-off.

How the driver survived that.... I haven't got the slightest clue...

but wow... what a mess!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Apparently the driver suffered severe brain damage.

Oh wait, that was before the crash.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Incredible they survived, that car looks like it disintegrated.

Money can't fix stupid.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

The good thing is that they did not crash into another car and kill someone innocent.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Shame he over-drove his abilities. Car like that deserves better

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

Money can't fix stupid

300kmh crashes can

edit on 19-1-2015 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Looks fun .. i wonder if his insurance will still cover the wreck of a lambo . Money well spent

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Ouch...that's going to leave a mark. Expensive lesson that was.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
that'll t-cut out in no time...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ya nothing a lil polish wont fix a reply to: haven123

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I guess the design actually worked in preserving the driver, I'm guessing the car was designed to disintegrate using up all that energy or something like that. At least it was a Lambo and not my beloved Ferrari.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave
Looks fun .. i wonder if his insurance will still cover the wreck of a lambo . Money well spent

Not if they get a hold of that video they won't. Even without it the massive rail damage and Kilometer long skid mark probably is enough to invalidate the policy.

Can't believe they survived. Now THAT is amazing engineering!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Only rich people are bold enough to try it and stupid enough to try it on a open hiway.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
From the looks of what was left of the car, I can't imagine anyone surviving!
Someone has an angel looking out for them.

To bad the camera was on the speedometer and not on the road, I would of liked to have seen what was coming up that caused them to crash.
s&f

edit on 19-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Huracan is a gorgeous car. 600 HP of thrust. Lambo makes a version for the Italian State Troopers.
That thing sure sounds badass in the vid. Too bad a moron was behind the wheel.

Is this not a thing of beauty?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

They survived because they took out the guard rail first, actually second, he was braking already, then the ride down the dirt embankment slowed them even further. So, yeah, they were going 330kmh but it was a "gradual" slowing. Not quite like hitting another car, tree or wall.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Brotherman

They survived because they took out the guard rail first, actually second, he was braking already, then the ride down the dirt embankment slowed them even further. So, yeah, they were going 330kmh but it was a "gradual" slowing. Not quite like hitting another car, tree or wall.

Braking and hitting a guard rail at 200+ miles per hour is not a gradual slowing by any means. He was probably going well over 100 when he went through the rail And probably came to rest within a few short seconds.
edit on 19050000001 by JHumm because: add a word

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Thank Zeus it wasn't an original Countach or Diablo.

They are still making Huracans

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Judging by the jump in the camera, I'd guess he either ran over something on the road he couldn't avoid at speed or something broke in the car itself. Suspension, perhaps.

Just guessing though....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Judging by the way the camera sort of bounced while it was focused on the speedometer, I wonder if the driver lost control from either hitting a dip or a small hill. At 205mph that amount of momentum turns an innocent incline in the road to a ramp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join