It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Yeah I think we have had a few arguments where we were arguing over the same things but from different direction.

Typing sucks for communication.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I don't blame troops or vets for the decisions of our government then or now. However, I do believe the Kyle is pure propaganda. The movie may be well done, Eastwood despite my lack of respect for his person, is a damn good director... propaganda none the less.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Bit rich coming from Hollywood as half there films celebrate killers.

Really?

Hmm. You may be right.

link   
hollywood is just pissed because it grossed 105 mill and selma grossed what 58 mill? It must show that there are more gun toting bible reading people who like that show rather than selma that happened what 50 years ago.
a reply to: neo96

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

I think you're a stand-up guy.

Even though we rarely agree, especially politically, and BTW I'm no pacifist.

This movie should only be judged on whether its a good movie or not.

I think we'd have more in common if we sat down and had a beer or seven. typing over the internet lacks the give and take and mutual understanding that a genuine conversation has.

Im sure we would.

I'm a guy kind of girl. Meaning I get along with guys really well, not that I look like one LOL

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't blame troops or vets for the decisions of our government then or now. However, I do believe the Kyle is pure propaganda. The movie may be well done, Eastwood despite my lack of respect for his person, is a damn good director... propaganda none the less.

Chris Kyle was the real deal. The propaganda did not come from him.

You can disrespect how he was used by others to promote an agenda but you should not disrespect the man.

The book was not his idea. When he found out that people were planning to write a book about him, he got involved to make sure the story was told accurately. Chris didn't like being called a hero, he didn't like the publicity, and he didn't think he deserved special treatment for doing his job.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Eh they're just doing this to try to make for the flap over how no minority actors and actresses got noms and Selma didn't get any major nods either. Whether or not the film deserved any noms, this is a faux controversy being created to try to make the Hollywood libs feel better about themselves.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Some of this discussion kind of reminds me a bit of how the Jewish people hunted down all the guards at the camps and made their lives hell, even decades and decades later, not caring that they were in the military simply following orders, not caring that some were actually quite humane, not caring that some were there at the threat of death to their own families. Hope that doesn't happen to soldiers in the wars we're having these days. That would suck.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I saw the movie. I don't think it made the protagonist out to be a hero.

It just seemed like an average movie about a solider and his life in the Iraq war.

The movie overall was a 7/10. It wasn't too gory violent, which I don't like. A lot better than a lot of other crap that is being pushed out there as entertainment.

Anyone else find it coincidental that he got killed at home by a bullet from another soldier during target practice. I am not saying there is more to it than that. But it is intriguing that he killed a lot of people and then came home and got killed by the same means he killed so many others.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Im interested in hearing what was factually inaccurate?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Some of this discussion kind of reminds me a bit of how the Jewish people hunted down all the guards at the camps and made their lives hell, even decades and decades later, not caring that they were in the military simply following orders, not caring that some were actually quite humane, not caring that some were there at the threat of death to their own families. Hope that doesn't happen to soldiers in the wars we're having these days. That would suck.

I would give my life sooner than have someone force me to take someone else's. Including yours.

Those people could have refused to fight, they could have refused to be evil. Even if that meant persecution and maybe even death for them. They had the choice to do what was right.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody

I would give my life sooner than have someone force me to take someone else's. Including yours.

Those people could have refused to fight, they could have refused to be evil. Even if that meant persecution and maybe even death for them. They had the choice to do what was right.

I'd love to live in your world where bad people don't exist and no one has to do the horrible duty of killing them to protect the innocent.

It sure as hell isn't the world the rest of us live in.

The irony of your statement is that the insurgents had the exact same choice but they chose to take up arms and kill Americans. Think a little before typing.

Edited: If you're only referring to Nazis who were running the death camps, then yes, I agree.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I read a good book about a German soldier who when injured on the Russian front got put on camp duty.

Was not a death camp but a Russian POW camp so may well have been.

He had no idea on the treatment of prisoners until he got there as he was disconnected form the rear echelons being on the front. I got the impression the sheer shock of the horror of what he found kept him in line and fear of the SS and what would happen to him.

You cant say he was right to do nothing nor can you blame him either.

Infact another book I read written by a Jewish Doctor seemed to indicate suicide rates among the guards was extremely high.
They could not bare to continue the job but knew there was nothing they could do to halt the NAZI killing machine. To be fair if I was assigned to a death camp a bullet in the brain would be the option I would choose.
edit on 19-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

(post by LOSTinAMERICA removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Not all of them even killed. And lots did refuse. My parents and three of four grandparents were in the camps. And saw good people hunted down afterward. My other grandfather was a constable and got Jewish people out of the country, and he was even targeted afterward...because someone remembered his face when they saw a photo.

Oh and thanks, but save your life for those you really care about, k? That drama's not necessary for me.

All I was saying is that I hope this doesn't happen again.

a reply to: crazyewok

One guard snuck food to my grandmother and her two girls. Said he would hate to see his own starve. But that's history, I guess. Whole new lovely world.
edit on 1/19/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

The irony of your statement is that the insurgents had the exact same choice but they chose to take up arms and kill Americans. Think a little before typing.

Insurgents? That's rich. How about Afghan patriots defending their homeland. I suppose they should have set their arms down and welcomed an occupying force with a hug, right?
edit on 19-1-2015 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

As stated I think the trauma of what they were seeing made them shut down and go in to auto mode.

Seeing the sheer size and efficiency of the NAZI killing machine likely made many good men lose hope of making a difference through resistance. Hence why many just ended it with a bullet to the brain. resistance and refusing would mean torture and death and not a single bit of disruption to the camp. Only power they had was over there own live and if to end it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

One guard snuck food to my grandmother and her two girls. Said he would hate to see his own starve. But that's history, I guess. Whole new lovely world.

If you read notes that seemed to be a common theme.

Sure there were many hated filled evil SOB, most of witch were the senior officers or ran the punishment sections. Infact the people that normally picked out those for execution and punishment were fellow inmates called Kappos given there rank due to being violent offenders and it was special SS teams picked out to put the gas into chambers and even special Jewish teams who ran the gas chambers by processing the prisoners and running the crematorium with promises o better treatment and protection of family.

But Many I think were just caught up in the horror and had no idea how to get off the crazy train.
Small kind gesters or suicide were the only options.

BTW sorry mod if this is off topic BUT YOU SHOULD PROVED A GD HISTORY FORUM!

edit on 19-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: Answer

Insurgents? That's rich. How about Afghan patriots defending their homeland. I suppose they should have set their arms down and welcomed an occupying force with a hug, right?

You realize that nearly all of the fighters in Iraq were not Iraqi, right?

You also realize that nearly all of the fighters in AFG were Taliban or Al-Qaeda and the majority of Afghans hate both groups, right?

I don't know why I'm asking these questions because I already know the answers. If you honestly think that the people fighting the US in Iraq and Afghanistan are noble patriots defending their homeland from an invasion, you're sorely mistaken.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you have absolutely zero first-hand experience with either conflict and you're simply repeating what you've read on the internet.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Then would you say the same about the Bergdal Release ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join