It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Please stop peddling that political argument that was designed for nothing more than to put the current guy, and his party in power.

When it is painfully obvious the last 6 years have been the new boss, same as the old boss.

See Libya,Syria,Iraq.

I wonder when the defenders of the current administration will ever wake up to the absolute farce 'hope, and change' was.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No you said that the amount of people that attend a funeral makes him a hero, so I showed another person that had a huge amount of people attend his and asked if the logic works for him too.

Yes we have people that with out question will blindly follow and support what ever the troops are sent to do.
The gov loves that.
edit on thMon, 19 Jan 2015 15:02:28 -0600America/Chicago120152880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

People should be assaulted for their opinions?

ETA: I agree with Leather and Lace.

America should not have EVER been over there.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'll stop when you do.
You are the one that decided barry needed to be part of your OP but never even mentioned GW's part in the killings.
Yes barry is the same as ole GW.

But yet y'all won't say that GW ever did anything wrong but in the same breath talk about barry destroying country.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Well then it's ok to kill people with drones instead of a sniper.

Hollywood did it's fair share of criticizing GW.

Where they make movies of like how totally awesome the current chief is.

Big GD disconnect.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Nope they are both wrong.
I don't get why the right doesn't go after barry for his drones more.
Oh that's right, cause they support it! Shoot cheney said it is the best thing that barry does!!

But if you want to talk about barry killing with drones, talk about bush sending our soldiers and marines over to get killed while they killed!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The guy seemed to have little empathy and saw things pretty much in black and white, good and evil.
The film reflects none of that and makes him out to be a reluctant hero who was troubled by killing people.
He wasn't... he enjoyed it, he got off on it and showed no remorse.

It is not the Job of Hollywood to teach us history but if you're going to do a story based on a guy and tell his story... at least be honest huh?

At least have something to say.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

That's a bit of a logical fallacy there. Look at images of Stalin's funeral. Just because a lot of people show up to "mourn" your passing does not mean you were a hero.

Now was Kyle a hero? I don't think that's something that can be answered at this time. The wounds from Iraq and Afghanistan are still too fresh for us to look back without bias.

That said I think it's important to remember that heroes aren't perfect. Hell, Hercules, pretty much the archetypal hero, was flawed in so many ways.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Excellent movie. War isn't pretty. Clint Eastwood did the servicemen proud in my opinion. That being said. If you have a problem with your country going over there, why not voice your opinion on something that's real. Why would you want to redirect that towards our fighting men and women. Why attack someone for making a movie about it? You little busy bee's need to pick your battles better or at least go at the source of the problem. Maybe you can have a service member set you straight on what to pick.

Let's see, you are faced with a woman and child having a explosive device going right towards your fellow soldiers. What do you do? That's the main reason everyone is upset. War is harsh, it's unforgiving, it's hell. Maybe if the people who are in an uproar did a little thinking about why they are free, they might have a different opinion. The war isn't just but the soldier isn't responsible for the politics of it all. They fought for your right to say that crap. Shut up and give them the respect they deserve. Go after the real problem, your politicians.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No you said that the amount of people that attend a funeral makes him a hero,

And I am not wrong. Just because you can't see him s such that doesn't change the fact he is a hero to many and those at his memorial show how many feel he was a hero.

so I showed another person that had a huge amount of people attend his and asked if the logic works for him too.

And again your comparing an international pop star to a Navy Seal...there is no comparison as they are in two totally different worlds.

Yes we have people that with out question will blindly follow and support what ever the troops are sent to do.

And we have people that can see when a person is a hero...and not everybody supports what the troops do, but when one keeps other's safe and are able to make it back from their tour that is considered a hero.

Michael Jackson was a hero allright...to those children he spent nights with and gave them good old jesus juice.
edit on 19-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Yes we have people that, with out question, will blindly follow and support what ever the troops are sent to do.

Yup! Blind patriotism does not make one a patriot. It makes one a fool!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Yes we have people that, with out question, will blindly follow and support what ever the troops are sent to do.

Yup! Blind patriotism does not make one a patriot. It makes one a fool!

Take it up with your GOVERNMENT.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

I think you're a stand-up guy.

Even though we rarely agree, especially politically, and BTW I'm no pacifist.

This movie should only be judged on whether its a good movie or not.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Dude, you are missing the point.
I am not calling MJ a hero!
I am not comparing him to Kyle!

You said since he had a large turnout for his funeral then that makes him a hero!
I showed you an example of another person that had a large turnout, and by your logic that would make him one.
Your words, not mine.

Kyle didn't keep me safe from anything.
I won't say he didn't save some lives of fellow americans, but I won't also say that every life he took was one that needed to be taken.

He did protect me from anything though, he protected those fighting for corporate and MCI interest.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Answer

People should be assaulted for their opinions?

ETA: I agree with Leather and Lace.

America should not have EVER been over there.

How the hell did you get that from what I said? The First Amendment protects people from THE GOVERNMENT. However, if I walk into a black church and spout racist terminology, I can expect to be assaulted. The First Amendment doesn't protect you from being smacked in the face for dishonoring the U.S. military and if you go around spouting an extremely unpopular opinion, you should be prepared for a physical altercation. That's my point.

The irony is that I, too, now know that America should never have been over there. Did most Americans have that opinion in 2002? NO... and that's the point I've been trying to make. However, regardless the current opinion of whether the U.S. should have invaded or not, to disrespect the troops is inexcusable.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
The guy seemed to have little empathy and saw things pretty much in black and white, good and evil.
The film reflects none of that and makes him out to be a reluctant hero who was troubled by killing people.
He wasn't... he enjoyed it, he got off on it and showed no remorse.

You're completely wrong. I'm guessing you haven't read the book and are forming your opinions based on... what, exactly?

Chris Kyle was idealistic and patriotic. He wanted to stop the terrorists from killing more Americans. Every shot he took was to protect his guys.

Did he, or any other military member at the time, think that they were pawns on a massive corporate chessboard being used for a twisted agenda? Of course not.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You said since he had a large turnout for his funeral then that makes him a hero!

Well then explain what a hero is to you?

The members of the military that flew in for this memorial consider him a hero, people that don't know him call him a hero, so what is it exactly that makes you against this man being called a hero?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The movie would have been better if
Ed Helms played Jay Carney and
Zach Galifianakis played a clumsy Jihadist.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

I think you're a stand-up guy.

Even though we rarely agree, especially politically, and BTW I'm no pacifist.

This movie should only be judged on whether its a good movie or not.

I think we'd have more in common if we sat down and had a beer or seven. typing over the internet lacks the give and take and mutual understanding that a genuine conversation has.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Bit rich coming from Hollywood as half there films celebrate killers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join