It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
We can assume one of two things about you
1 you are just confused about the details
2 you are a LAIR

I hate to have to take you to school this late at night, but YOU are either wrong or in denial and still wrong.

He said these three whopper lies in a book he worked hand in hand on with the biographer and Chris Kyle even defended his lies in court and had to pay out on one of them.

He lied about Ventura.
He lied about shooting two carjackers.
He lied about shooting looters in New Orleans (or hes a murderer no way to verify).
These are his words and stories. Reporters arent making them up (why would they) they are questioning them.

Clearly you are here just to troll the thread. Several posters have shown you that you are 100% wrong about everything you're saying but you ignore those posts and continue to repeat your drivel.

Again, I'll address your completely WRONG information:
-The carjackers and New Orleans looter stories did not come from Kyle and were not verified by him.
-Chris Kyle did not go to court, his widow did.
-A journalist named Michael Mooney wrote a book about Kyle using information sourced from other articles and books.
-Chris Kyle did not work with him on this book. The biography written with Kyle's direct input was "American Sniper."
-Michael Mooney is the person who made the claims about Kyle being in New Orleans after Katrina. He's also the person who claims Kyle confirmed the story about the carjackers. Kyle never made those claims.

You've done nothing in this thread but repeat incorrect information, ignore those trying to correct you, and act like a juvenile.

Please go away.
edit on 1/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
2 you are a LAIR

I hate to have to take you to school this late at night, but YOU are either wrong or in denial and still wrong.

He said these three whopper lies in a book he worked hand in hand on with the biographer and Chris Kyle even defended his lies in court and had to pay out on one of them.

He lied about Ventura.
He lied about shooting looters in New Orleans (or hes a murderer no way to verify).
These are his words and stories. Reporters arent making them up (why would they) they are questioning them.

Clearly you are here just to troll the thread. Several posters have shown you that you are 100% wrong about everything you're saying but you ignore those posts and continue to repeat your drivel.

-The carjackers and New Orleans looter stories did not come from Kyle and were not verified by him.
-A journalist named Michael Mooney wrote a book about Kyle using information sourced from other articles and books.
-Chris Kyle did not work with him on this book. The biography written with Kyle's direct input was "American Sniper."
-Michael Mooney is the person who made the claims about Kyle being in New Orleans after Katrina. He's also the person who claims Kyle confirmed the story about the carjackers. Kyle never made those claims.

You've done nothing in this thread but repeat incorrect information, ignore those trying to correct you, and act like a juvenile.

Please go away.

Actually, you don't know whether or not Kyle made those claims to Mooney. He may have.

If Kyle's widow went to court was it or was it not because of something alleged by her husband in his book?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
2 you are a LAIR

He lied about Ventura.

Please go away.

Actually, you don't know whether or not Kyle made those claims to Mooney. He may have.

If Kyle's widow went to court was it or was it not because of something alleged by her husband in his book?

To your first statement, that's purely conjecture. The person to whom I was responding has been repeating that lie over and over and over as though it's the rock-solid truth. My point was that Chris Kyle never publicly made those claims.

Taya Kyle was forced to appear in court because Jesse wouldn't let his lawsuit go. The jury was split on the decision and took quite awhile to deliberate. Basically, there were several people who came forward as witnesses just to support Kyle and they hurt the case more than helping. The only people who really know what happened that night are Chris Kyle and Jesse Ventura but one of those wasn't around to defend his story.
edit on 1/22/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
2 you are a LAIR

He lied about Ventura.

Please go away.

To your first statement, that's purely conjecture. The person to whom I was responding has been repeating that lie over and over and over as though it's the rock-solid truth. My point was that Chris Kyle never publicly made those claims.

Taya Kyle was forced to appear in court because Jesse wouldn't let his lawsuit go. The jury was split on the decision and took quite awhile to deliberate. Basically, there were several people who came forward as witnesses just to support Kyle and they hurt the case more than helping. The only people who really know what happened that night are Chris Kyle and Jesse Ventura but one of those wasn't around to defend his story.

In what way did the pro Kyle witnesses hurt his case?

Who prevailed in the lawsuit?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Wonder WHAT else you are wrong about?www.researchgate.net...://www.fbo.gov/i ndex?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=3561a5b205fbea8e2d4efece30e7420b&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

I didnt say they didnt do psych screening or even extensive psych screening for snipers. I said they dont and wont look for sociopaths. They only way to truly determine one is to do a lab experiment with scientists and brain monitors. Thats not even full proof.
So I wonder what else YOU are mistaken about.

Chris Kyle without a doubt shows signs of sociopathy. Hell we can check his personality against the Hare checklist right here.
edit on 23-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Sorry. You're weird outrage is unwarranted. Proof Chris Kyle nor Chris Kyle's wife didnt work with Mooney (more than release date). So she continued a lawsuit about Ventura but doesnt sue over made up stories threatening american civilians? He lied about ventura but wouldnt lie about anything else? If this was a unofficial biography looks like he got permission to use kyles image.

All sources seem to doubt Kyle not tge author. Why is that? Any evidence Mooney is prone to lie about a story? He has a lot more to lose than Chris Kyle.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

"Lie" "as though its rock solid truth."

Which is it a lie or an unsubstantiated story with a pretty sound basis.

You call me a liar when you yourself have nothing to prove otherwise. I at least have a source you have not one source sayibg Mooney lied.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Several of the pro-Kyle witnesses had inconsistent stories because they likely didn't actually see what happened. They only testified in an attempt to defend Chris Kyle.

They hurt his case in the same way the pro-Michael Brown witnesses hurt that case. In their attempt to help, they only muddied the water.

edit on 1/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

"Lie" "as though its rock solid truth."

Which is it a lie or an unsubstantiated story with a pretty sound basis.

You call me a liar when you yourself have nothing to prove otherwise. I at least have a source you have not one source sayibg Mooney lied.

I'm annoyed, not outraged. You're giving your trolling skills way too much credit.

When you present an unsubstantiated story as truth, that is a lie. You whine about sources but your links are to the very sources that we've already discredited. You keep presenting your points as though it's common knowledge and several sources make the claims but that's simply not true.

You've said repeatedly in this thread that "Kyle's own biographer said that Chris Kyle said..." Several posters have already indicated that Mooney was not working with Chris Kyle on the biography, he only interviewed him. His book about Kyle mostly sourced magazine articles and other books. You keep presenting your crap as undeniable truth and it's not. Period.

Mooney is the ONLY source that claims Kyle was in New Orleans. Mooney is the ONLY source that claims Kyle confirmed the carjacking story. Mooney just happens to be the author of a book about Kyle that didn't come close to selling like "American Sniper" and you think he's an infallible source of information about the man? He couldn't possibly be making up tall tales to sell a book, right? My source is Google. Simply Google "Chris Kyle New Orleans" or "Chris Kyle carjacking" and you'll find nothing but articles written by or referencing Michael Mooney.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here's Mooney's own words. Chris never confirmed the carjacking story. Now I've provided a source and you can stop repeating your lies.

There’s a story about Chris Kyle: on a cold January morning in 2010, he pulled into a gas station somewhere along Highway 67, south of Dallas...

I asked him about that story during an interview in his office last year, as part of what was supposed to be an extended, in-depth magazine story about his service and how hard he worked to adjust back to this world—to become the great husband and father and Christian he’d always wanted to be.

He didn’t want to get into specifics about the gas station shooting, but I left that day believing it had happened.

So you have Mooney saying that A) Chris didn't tell him the story. B) Chris didn't confirm the story. C) He was interviewing Chris for a magazine article, not "working with him on a biography" like you keep claiming.

www.dmagazine.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Who prevailed in the lawsuit?

“There were so many different accounts [of where the alleged fight occurred] when alcohol was involved,” said the juror, who was interviewed on the condition that the juror's name not be published. “The testimony was all over the place.”

While uncomfortable summarizing the views of the two holdouts, the juror said the pair felt that Kyle did not know he was defaming Ventura in the sub-chapter about the fight. “They believed the story [in the book],” the juror said, “given Jesse’s background and Kyle’s. It was everything, from [Ventura’s] conspiracy [theories] to his [Ventura’s] books, to his character.”

The juror said that one of the most persuasive arguments in Ventura’s favor was a visual presentation, a checklist, offered by the Kyle defense — showing what its 11 witnesses had seen or heard on Oct. 12, 2006, at McP’s Irish Pub.

The purpose of the graphic was to show that all of their witnesses had seen or heard something that night, thus solidifying the claim that Kyle’s account was truthful.

It had the opposite affect on the juror. “It was confusing that no one could see all the events,” the juror said. “It was hard to see that no one saw everything.” Someone saw him punched, some saw him on the ground, but didn’t see him punched, and others saw him getting up he said.

Basically, both sides of the lawsuit had a bunch of witnesses who were drunk at the time giving different versions of the story. The jury was all over the place until the final days of the trial and still weren't 100% agreed when the verdict was decided. If you read the linked story, the judge in the case actually pressured the jury to reach an 8-2 decision even though they were deadlocked.

Source

On Monday, jurors first said they were deadlocked. Judge Kyle asked them to give it “one more shot.”

...“Everyone was friendly,” said the juror. “We respected their point of view … They understood our side. They understood ours. There was mutual respect. At the end of the day, we didn’t want there to be a hung jury, but didn’t want people to change their beliefs or side.”

The 10-person panel figured it would be better to let a second trial decide it, the juror said.

Judge Kyle consulted with the attorneys, and asked jurors if they could reach a verdict on a 9 to 1 vote. The jurors sent a note back saying no.

The jurors wondered among themselves if the judge would keep coming back, asking if there was an 8-2 split, 7-3 or 6-4, the juror said.

Kyle consulted with the lawyers again, and then asked the jurors if they could resolve it on an 8-2 vote.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Kuroodo

Ignorant because he only targets a specific culture/group of people.

The same people that were trying to kill American soldiers.

The same people that were trying to kill American soldiers that were killing their countrymen and family members.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hmm sounds like an interesting movie, I should watch it before I should analyse it. Any other suggestions?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

We kill our country men and family members, should a country invade us?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
I think he misplaced a comma.

I read it as:
The same people that were trying to kill American soldiers, that were killing their countrymen and family members.

Could be wrong lol

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

One could drag up old ats threads about the subject and see clearly that the member has been told the truth over and over but still chooses to present it though kyle actually said those things. By looking at his post history one can see he has an agenda. I put it right on the same level as a so called vetran suing a widow to get a payday. People have no valid reason other than ignorrance to believe his false claims while calling dead hero's liars. I know a guy that has big plans for his kind but that goes in the religious threads.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Wonder WHAT else you are wrong about?www.researchgate.net...://www.fbo.gov/i ndex?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=3561a5b205fbea8e2d4efece30e7420b&tab=core&tabmode=list&=

I didnt say they didnt do psych screening or even extensive psych screening for snipers. I said they dont and wont look for sociopaths. They only way to truly determine one is to do a lab experiment with scientists and brain monitors. Thats not even full proof.
So I wonder what else YOU are mistaken about.

Chris Kyle without a doubt shows signs of sociopathy. Hell we can check his personality against the Hare checklist right here.

I agree with you about Kyle. I strongly suspect that Navy SEAL candidates undergo extensive psychological testing that results in the creation of psychological profiles. It's extremely expensive to train them and it's vital that they can be trusted to do that which they're ordered to do and remain silent about that which they've done. Most of their training is secret and we would not be privy to such testing. I don't think there should be an assumption that sociopathy would be a disqualifier. In fact, it may be a qualifier.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Interesting that it took place at McP's. I used to go there. It's not a big place. I wonder why there were different accounts of where the fight took place. That, alone, is suspicious. It sounds more like a heated argument that continued for a period of time than a physical fight which would have been over in seconds. I should think that a physical fight between an active-duty SEAL and a man decades older who hadn't actually been an active-duty SEAL would have been very one-sided. Top Gun pilots used to go to that bar occasionally but vanished when the SEALs arrived. One minute they were there and the next minute they weren't. Ventura is certainly a loud-mouth but he's not a moron. It's highly unlikely he would have started a fight because he would have known with certainty how it would end. On the other hand, Kyle might have started a fight. I don't believe a SEAL would ever testify against another SEAL, no matter the penalty. The conflicting testimony might have been pre-planned to protect Kyle.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

that is a false assumption. the military has standards and it is clear you are just guessing here. the answer is out there if you care to search for it rather than to fuel a known liar.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join