It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: Jamie1

I assume you realize that you're celebrating a killer and all that means. On some level, it seems irrelevant that that which he did was legal.

Do you have the same objection to people who will be "celebrating" Obama tonight when he stands up to give his speech?

And yes. Soldiers are supposed to kill. It's a war, not a tea party.

I am celebrating our freedom, and those who stop our enemies from trying to take it from us.

Yes. It's interesting that you're trying to make this about politics. It's about admiring killing. And if you can't distinguish between being glad that the Nazis were stopped (temporarily) and the lust with which some people admire prolific killers, I don't know what to say. On some level, this really isn't that different from admiring illegal serial killers.

No that's not quite it and it's a rather narrow view on the phenomenon, IMHO. People have always admired the courageous among us, from the knights to the Audie Murphys to the Alvin Yorks. It's those who go above and beyond or face one's foe or bring victories be those victories be on the jousting field or gridiron or battlefield that somehow inspire people.

I know that's true but, in the case of the person praising the Finnish sniper, in particular, that which was being praised was his sheer expertise in killing. There was glorification of his ability to do it using a less sophisticated weapon that that used by modern snipers. There's something about a sniper that doesn't conjure up the same heroism and courage as a soldier in direct combat. Yes, I know snipers can be killed.

There's also something very troubling about the psychological makeup of someone who, by choice, functions as a sniper and openly states that killing is fun. Nothing courageous or heroic about that mindset: it's sick.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is a very real definitive line between a "killer" and a "soldier". Yes, soldiers kill but no, they are not "killers" in the sense that the word is used domestically to label those who kill the innocent on our own soil. "Killer" is a word with unsavory and negative connotations. I wouldn't call a soldier who killed the enemy "killer", he was doing his job and his job makes you safer. I 100% agree with this quote,

"The enemy are savages and despicably evil." and his "only regret is that I didn't kill more."

Psychological trauma can be severe for soldiers, not to mention the physical dangers. But really, those who go are more often than not born for it and they are aware of the risks. Sensitive subject, I'll buy this movie when it comes out on Blue Ray.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

He implies they went down of their own accord..

And dude. Get real NOTHING was recorded during Katrina. They still find bodies.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

He said he killed american civilians. Even if he was lying he was a sociopathic scumbag. He may have juat been doing his job but between the lies about killing two carjackers and likely lies about killing looters in New Orleans he wanted everyone ro believe he was a killer.

Eff him.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
We can assume one of two things about you
1 you are just confused about the details
2 you are a LAIR

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A second SOURCE says that, not him as YOU assume.
Sociapathy would disqualify anyone FROM any sniper deployment.
I wouldn't expect a civilian to have the prescience to figure it out on their own so heres your tip: CRAZY PEOPLE don't take orders so well so you can EASILY see why they keep a close watch on service members PARTICULARLY elite service members for ANY symptoms of dimensia.
Not too hard to figure our eally but I undersatnd how these complex issues can escape a simple thought process.

edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
There is a very real definitive line between a "killer" and a "soldier". Yes, soldiers kill but no, they are not "killers" in the sense that the word is used domestically to label those who kill the innocent on our own soil. "Killer" is a word with unsavory and negative connotations. I wouldn't call a soldier who killed the enemy "killer", he was doing his job and his job makes you safer. I 100% agree with this quote,

"The enemy are savages and despicably evil." and his "only regret is that I didn't kill more."

Psychological trauma can be severe for soldiers, not to mention the physical dangers. But really, those who go are more often than not born for it and they are aware of the risks. Sensitive subject, I'll buy this movie when it comes out on Blue Ray.

Some soldiers are killers and do kill civilians illegally. Not all soldiers have their heads screwed-on straight before they become soldiers. I've known SEALs and they are not "normal" in any sense of the word. They have almost superhuman will and abilities. When they attempt to become SEALs they are fully aware that they are going to be trained to be covert assassins and will likely be asked to kill illegally. They want to kill. They are uber adrenalin junkies. One can argue that we need people willing to do this but that is a separate issue. The very fact that Kyle bragged about enjoying killing suggests that he had mental problems.

His claims about what he did during Katrina, whether or not factual, are additional strong evidence that he was mentally ill.

None of this should be taken to suggest that I think Eastwood should not have made his film the way he wanted to make his film.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

He said he killed american civilians. Even if he was lying he was a sociopathic scumbag. He may have juat been doing his job but between the lies about killing two carjackers and likely lies about killing looters in New Orleans he wanted everyone ro believe he was a killer.

Eff him.

He was a killer.

Why do you care so much about his story? Isn't it enough just not to go to the movie?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Eff him.

He was a killer.

Why do you care so much about his story? Isn't it enough just not to go to the movie?

Yeah, why should anyone care if the government turns loose psychopathic killers so long as they don't kill anyone you care about?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No it wouldnt because they would have no idea if a member was a sociopath (probably wouldnt care if they were, but they dont check). There are tons of sociopaths and even psychopaths in the military. So you are wrong about that.

You obviously have zero knowledge of sociopaths. Sociopaths show no symptoms at all and they arent crazy. I can name you plenty of sociopaths and psychopaths that were in thw military.
They cannot and do not check for sociopathy even in elite services. The only tool for it is the hare checklist and its not used in the military and can be manipulated and faked.

So no, again.
He was likely a sociopath and they wouldnt have checked or known.
edit on 22-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

The way he talked and lied about killing, if hed had lived he probbly would have.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

eff you
He did not say that.
Some reporter did.
We can assume one of two things about you
1 you are just confused about the details
2 you are a LAIR

I hate to have to take you to school this late at night, but YOU are either wrong or in denial and still wrong.

He said these three whopper lies in a book he worked hand in hand on with the biographer and Chris Kyle even defended his lies in court and had to pay out on one of them.

He lied about Ventura.
He lied about shooting two carjackers.
He lied about shooting looters in New Orleans (or hes a murderer no way to verify).
These are his words and stories. Reporters arent making them up (why would they) they are questioning them.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

I dont plan to see it. Im simply adding a littlw truth about the guy being praised in a film. People here are delusional about this guy.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Every country has highly trained snipers. Only one chooses to rub it in your face by using a multi trillion dollar mass media industry.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Wonder WHAT else you are wrong about?www.researchgate.net...://www.fbo.gov/i ndex?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=3561a5b205fbea8e2d4efece30e7420b&tab=core&tabmode=list&=
edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mehmet666Heineken

We like them. THEY are good shots .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We like them. THEY are good shots .

Yeah those cameramen are great shots

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Eff him.

He was a killer.

Yeah, why should anyone care if the government turns loose psychopathic killers so long as they don't kill anyone you care about?

If you feel so strongly about it you might want to do something more effective than posting anonymously on an internet forum.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

not as good or as VALUABLE as snipers ...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA

I don't know their ages, but I never said anything like that in my life.

I did. I even enlisted.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join