It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Well in that case...

Why aren't you worried about Europeans and people of European decent and um Christians?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why is Hollywood so upset? Of course older white dudes are going to celebrate an older white dude making a movie about a white dude, with a gun.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Why bring race in to this thread ?

Not needed.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Well in that case...

Why aren't you worried about Europeans and people of European decent and um Christians?

I didn't say I was worried about anything.

I was saying how those inspired by the movie to want to kill Muslims have have been influenced by seeing the global terror attacks committed by Islamic radicals.

Re your link to the "terror" stats, you might want to read the actual FBI report.

www.fbi.gov...

Graffiti by animals rights groups on a McDonalds is a "terrorist" attack.

But the Ft. Hood mass murder as classified as "workplace violence."

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Ah its just a movie. There is no such things as good guys or bad guys. Besides this ain't even a war...Yet!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Are there any reports of military fire with lethal result?
I haven't heard of any do you have anything on ANY spacific incidents?

NAVY wasn't even deployed there just Guard troops any way,I couldn't see a JASOC member's time being wasted on such a deployment when they are so short handed in the real world job.
Regardless of what was said.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Thing is, he was not even the most badass sniper. Not even close.

Anyone interested just google "The White death" and read a very amazing story about a Finnish sniper in 1940 named Simo Hahya.

During the Winter War (1939–1940) between Finland and the Soviet Union, Häyhä served as a sniper for the Finnish Army against the Red Army in the 6th Company of JR 34 during the Battle of Kollaa. In temperatures between −40 °C (−40 °F) and −20 °C (−4 °F), dressed completely in white camouflage, Häyhä was credited with 505 confirmed kills of Soviet soldiers.[2][4] A daily account of the kills at Kollaa was made for the Finnish snipers. All of Häyhä's kills were accomplished in fewer than 100 days – an average of just over five kills per day – at a time of year with very few daylight hours.[5][6][7]

Even more amazing is the fact that the Soviets sent Infantry, counter sniper teams, hell even airstrikes against the guy. All they did was piss him off more.

He preferred to use iron sights rather than telescopic sights to present a smaller target for the enemy (a sniper must raise his head higher when using a telescopic sight), to increase accuracy (a telescopic sight's glass can fog up easily in cold weather), and to aid in concealment (sunlight glare in telescopic sight lenses can reveal a sniper's position). As well as these tactics, he frequently packed dense mounds of snow in front of his position to conceal himself and provide padding for his rifle. He was also known to keep snow in his mouth whilst sniping, to reduce steamy breaths giving away his position in the cold air.

The American Sniper guy had a modern scoped in sniper rifle and a spotter. Simo did what he did with nothing but a fixed sight rifle. A counter sniper blew half his face off finally. He ended up making a full recovery and lived to be 92.

Makes the American sniper guy look like a total chump.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Oh, Kyle was a bad ass sniper. There's little doubt as to that...

That Finnish sniper, however, was just plain scary.

Then there's White Feather.

Gunnery Sgt. Carlos Hathcock II, United States Marine Corp.

Not the sheer numbers of other snipers, but ask the North Vietnamese about him...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

How can you deflect in a trollish manner from the topic of the movie & those tweets regarding the movie?

& who were the "Arabs" who killed people over cartoons?

Who are the "Arabs" in the photo you shared?

I'll tell you to save you time...
There were no Arabs involved in the attack...
& there is no Arabs in the picture you shared...
They're all African...

They're brainwashed, the tweeters are brainwashed and the movie is doing what is set out to do...
Create hatred.

No I didn't see the movie...
Yes I think Hollywood is hypocritical...
I'm sure there is a percentage of snipers who are cowards.
edit on 20-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Well in that case...

Can't talk about that here Kali & you know it

We have to perpetuate ignorance, not deny it

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Hollywood is scared because after the last election where the Democrats got crushed, the American public is embracing a movie by Clint Eastwood.

Hahahahahahahaha. Hilarious.

A few people state and opinion and all of Hollywood is scared. And everything revolves around and has to be related to politics for every single random comment everyday.

Ya gotta love it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

a reply to: NOTurTypical

No.. you see the above post.. The one with the facts, not the imaginary one you are referring to.

This is all well known stuff.

I posted the direct quote from Brandon Webb who was the former S.E.A.L. who heard Kyle talking about New Orleans, he never said Chris said he went, he said Chris told him he knew several people who went.

You keep ignoring this, but Google the date of Katrina, then Google the dates Chris was deployed in Iraq.

Yeah and that's just a guy who said he heard kyle talk about that. I posted a direct quote from Mooney the guy who wrote the book on Kyle. The guy who Kyle told these things to.

It isn't at all disputed that Kyle said he went to New Orleans and killed people. He told his biographer that. Whether or not it's true is a whole other story.

And how do we know Mooney is being entirely truthful?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This article sums up the political correctness of the Right fairly well.

There is no room for the idea that Kyle might have been a good soldier but a bad guy; or a mediocre guy doing a difficult job badly; or a complex guy in a bad war who convinced himself he loved killing to cope with an impossible situation; or a straight-up serial killer exploiting an oppressive system that, yes, also employs lots of well-meaning, often impoverished, non-serial-killer people to do oppressive things over which they have no control. Or that Iraqis might be fully realised human beings with complex inner lives who find joy in food and sunshine and family, and anguish in the murders of their children. Or that you can support your country while thinking critically about its actions and its citizenry. Or that many truths can be true at once.

Always meet your heroes.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Where Kyle was in a hostile country where people were getting blown up, shot at, everything that goes with it.

Sad thing is he was doing his job...and he was damn good at it.

Some people need to stay away from these types of movies if it doesn't fit there liking...it would save a lot of hassles.

I agree with this statement 100%.

I'm a former Marine and current Buddhist practioner. I don't like violence, but I understand wartime mentality. I understand that in wartime there are horrible things that need to be done. Part of being able to do those jobs is to demonize the enemy. Look at the WW2 propaganda if you don't believe me.

To some a sniper is a hero, to some he is a villian. All depends from which side he is viewed.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: sirlancelot

Not calling them hero's is anti soldier?

I have nothing against them, just don't worship the ground they walk on.
They are just people like me and you doing a job

Yes but the difference is you and I aren't saving hundreds of American lives. Big difference don't you think?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Oh that is rich neo! Best ironic laugh I've had in ages.

I brought demographics,, not specifically just race, as well as politics. You chose to only acknowledge the racial aspect. But, the fact is, Hollywood is very political and the demographics of the Academy are not the demographics of Hollywood at large.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/20/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So this movie is number one alltime in ticket sales in every january so far to date. over 110 million for a movie that was snubbed by other award shows like the globes.

Remember grand torino? I think clint eastwood is very talented director. Right up there with mel gibson.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

I think you're a stand-up guy.

Even though we rarely agree, especially politically, and BTW I'm no pacifist.

This movie should only be judged on whether its a good movie or not.

I think we'd have more in common if we sat down and had a beer or seven. typing over the internet lacks the give and take and mutual understanding that a genuine conversation has.

hey doc. i havent met you but i have met many docs. i love you guys. all of you. as a Marine i cant thank you guys enough for the things you guys do for us.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

where did the katrina claim come from?

He made the claim himself.

And then there were his stories — some of which smelled fishy. “There were a lot of things he told people that are really unverifiable,” journalist Michael J. Mooney, who wrote a book on Kyle, told The Washington Post. Like the one about how he and a bud went down to New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina and picked off dozens of bad guys. Or the one in which he took on two armed Texans bent on stealing his truck and shot them both dead. Or the one he told about former Minnesota governor Jesse “The Body” Ventura.

Link

At best a liar, at worst a murderer of dozens of American civilians in a catastrophe situation.

No let us be clear he did not tell that reporter that. You are here spreading disinfo. The claim that he and a friend were down in la. during the hurricane only came out after his book was published and jesse ventura started to get upset and then magically on que here comes that outrageous claim.

It is not a big deal the rest of what he said and owned up to saying but now you are here making people think that those words were spoken to some reporter by kyle and that is not true. The rest of what you are spreading here can be verified as truth in most cases but you should not leed people on about the outrageous claim spoken by others about him unless you have some kind of proof i am unaware off.

You have zero proof that he ever said that about the hurricane and the rest of what you post he owned in his book.
edit on 20-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
nvm

edit on 20-1-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

This article sums up the political correctness of the Right fairly well.

There is no room for the idea that Kyle might have been a good soldier but a bad guy; or a mediocre guy doing a difficult job badly; or a complex guy in a bad war who convinced himself he loved killing to cope with an impossible situation; or a straight-up serial killer exploiting an oppressive system that, yes, also employs lots of well-meaning, often impoverished, non-serial-killer people to do oppressive things over which they have no control. Or that Iraqis might be fully realised human beings with complex inner lives who find joy in food and sunshine and family, and anguish in the murders of their children. Or that you can support your country while thinking critically about its actions and its citizenry. Or that many truths can be true at once.

Always meet your heroes.

Pot calling the kettle.

As those people hated KYLE.

Has the LEFT ever examined their own HATRED for the RIGHT ?

Nope.

Thanks for proving the natural law theory. Which basically is summed up as mans 'morality' is supposedly based on him being a 'rational' being, and yet politics is based on the most irrational of things.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join