It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

The only ones that don't put barry down for his drone program is the far right that agree with bombing that area.

He takes plenty of heat for it.

You are right, he was just a guy doing his job and following orders.
Is it his kill count that makes it heroic?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
also...

So the film is doing its job then...

No surprise.

Probably the film, along with the almost daily atrocities being committed in the name of Mohammed all around the world.

Nobody left Saving Private Ryan wanting to kill Germans.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

The only ones that don't put barry down for his drone program is the far right that agree with bombing that area.

It's his 4 tours in Iraq.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Should make a thread about it with sources and all that

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You're smarter than that & trolling...

Or brainwashed by bull...

& Saving Private Ryan came out decades after the war...

Plenty of propaganda films in the 30s from both sides gave people those warm and fuzzy feelings of killing their generations "ragheads".

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

So agian, him doing his job that he signed up for.

What is so heroic about doing something you signed up for?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Hollywood is never going to forgive Clint Eastwood for his "empty chair" speech.

If someone like Michael Moore had directed it, I don't think you would have heard a peep of criticism about anything.

You hit the nail right on the head!Kudos!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Should make a thread about it with sources and all that

About what? Boko Haram? Niger? Somalia? The 130 school children murdered in Pakistan?

Here's my source.

Re the OP.... not sure how anybody in Hollywood can condemn Clint Eastwood for celebrating a "killer" when Hollywood has made billions glamorizing every depravity known to human kind.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Really MSM doesn't say squat about drone strikes and if they do it's more of passing event not a issue. Regarding Kyle imo any soldier that serves his country ans saves other American lives is a hero. On top of that his help post war with other vets to help them decompress is commendable.

It's ok to be anti war but to be anti soldier as well is not patriotic!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You're smarter than that & trolling...

Or brainwashed by bull...

& Saving Private Ryan came out decades after the war...

Plenty of propaganda films in the 30s from both sides gave people those warm and fuzzy feelings of killing their generations "ragheads".

Are you claiming the mass murders committed by Muslims all over the world have no impact on the people who saw the movie and now want to kill Muslims?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why does mainstream celebrate killers??

ISIS.. Islam...

Ill let you fools figure it out.

Ignorance in denial..

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Not calling them hero's is anti soldier?

I have nothing against them, just don't worship the ground they walk on.
They are just people like me and you doing a job

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why is Hollywood so upset? Of course older white dudes are going to celebrate an older white dude making a movie about a white dude, with a gun.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I think you need to read those tweets again very carefully to comprehend what I said.

Here let me help you understand...

"Great f'ing movie and now I really want to kill some f'ing ragheads"

"American Sniper makes me wanna go shoot some f'ing Arabs"

"Nice to see a movie where they portray Arabs for who they really are - vermin scum intent on destroying us"

"American Sniper made me appreciate soldiers 100times more and hate Muslims 1000000times more"

Yeah you're right they sound totally like they're talking about "muslim atrocities"!

They're brainwashed... & you're a troll!
edit on 19-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Hollywood should come back with a movie about a guy working in a DEFAC that will show them ....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why is Hollywood so upset? Of course older white dudes are going to celebrate an older white dude making a movie about a white dude, with a gun.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

A lot of Americans like the movie. It grossed $90 million in 3 days, breaking the previous 3-day January record set by Avatar by about $30 million.

Hollywood is scared because after the last election where the Democrats got crushed, the American public is embracing a movie by Clint Eastwood.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I just hope the guy that decides to shut up Michael Moore doesn't use a gun...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I think you need to read those tweets again very carefully to comprehend what I said.

Here let me help you understand...

"Great f'ing movie and now I really want to kill some f'ing ragheads"

"American Sniper makes me wanna go shoot some f'ing Arabs"

"Nice to see a movie where they portray Arabs for who they really are - vermin scum intent on destroying us"

"American Sniper made me appreciate soldiers 100times more and hate Muslims 1000000times more"

Yeah you're right they sound totally like they're talking about "muslim atrocities"!

They're brainwashed... & you're a troll!

My perceptions are based on what I see. Like gangs in Niger celebrating the murders of 10 Christians and the burning of churches because of a cartoon.

How can you say those posting hatred towards Muslims were influenced only by the movie?

I would guess seeing Islamic terrorists killing people over cartoons in the last couple of weeks might have influenced their response to the movie.

Did you see the movie? Do you think Hollywood is being hypocritical in criticizing Eastwood for glorifying a sniper? Do you think snipers are cowards?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Hollywood is never going to forgive Clint Eastwood for his "empty chair" speech.

...and he doesn't really care.

If someone like Michael Moore had directed it, I don't think you would have heard a peep of criticism about anything.

It would have been unwatchable...but, oh so important. So not a fan.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
It is a truth that America has been sold a lie in the Middle East, the country was cleverly deceived and U.S. soldiers were clearly sacrificed in cold blood.

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death." --Sun Tzu

edit on 19-1-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join