It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

In the wake of Oscar nominations, Academy members begin buzzing over recent criticism of the film’s subject, Chris Kyle

Over the weekend, multiple Academy members told TheWrap that they had been passing around a recent article by Dennis Jett in The New Republic that attacks the film for making a hero out of Kyle, who said: “The enemy are savages and despicably evil,” and his “only regret is that I didn’t kill more.” Kyle made the statements in his best-selling book, “American Sniper,” on which the film is based

Pot meet Kettle

Seems the 'good' people of hollywood need a reality check. Seems those people who have a problem with the movie at all also needs a reality check.

Celebrating killers eh ?

Like Che ?

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

www.imdb.com...

Like Enemy at the Gates ?

www.imdb.com...

And let us not forget just how many people celebrate our potus.

The Toll Of 5 Years Of Drone Strikes: 2,400 Dead

Seems to me that guy right there killed more people than Kyle, and he is heralded as a 'hero' of the Republic.

All the while hiding behind his desk. Watching Espn, playing golf going on vacations., and everything else.

Where Kyle was in a hostile country where people were getting blown up, shot at, everything that goes with it.

Oh let us not forget Hollywood has long glorified killers.

From the westerns, to war movies, to zombie movies, to the Hannibal Lecter's, and all parts in between.

Hollywood ?

I see much FAIL within you.

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
When was Obama herald as a hero of the republic I don't know a single American who thinks that.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
When was Obama herald as a hero of the republic I don't know a single American who thinks that.

Guess you missed Zero Dark Thirty, and Seal Team Six.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
How many of them were Oscar nominated?
I mean I agree Hollywood glorifies killers but the article talks about the Oscar nominations and it's record setting numbers.

And not sure what barrys drone strikes have to do with this till they make a movie about it.

+58 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

There are some factual issues with the film, but overall not bad for a Hollywood production.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
That was you? Wow

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

And not sure what barrys drone strikes have to do with this till they make a movie about it.

Thought it was bad 'taste' to celebrate killers.

Guess when their only named Kyle.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
No, Kyle is not a hero. Heck everyone who came from home from the war is not a hero. Just because you saved a life or did something does not mean you are a hero. Just because you had a heroic moment doesn't mean you are a hero. The mainstream media and people nowadays need to go back to greek mythology and literature and learn what a hero is.

making a hero out of Kyle, who said: “The enemy are savages and despicably evil,” and his “only regret is that I didn’t kill more.” Kyle made the statements in his best-selling book, “American Sniper,” on which the film is based

This statement by him is a bit ignorant indeed. Ignorant because he only targets a specific culture/group of people. Though yes many of the people he fought were savages (sending kids out to blow themselves up, murdering people against their beliefes, etc), the US was the one that broke into their doors and began to destroy their home. I would become a savage against someone if they broke into my house and began to destroy my land.

But, that is not the point. Humans in general are savages and evil. Islamic people aren't the only ones who are savages. So are white people (mass genocides, concurring and pillaging the world and causing suffrage, slaver, etc). Then the same can be said about other cultures and races.

I really liked the move and Kyle's goal. It seems like Kyle wanted to save lives (soldiers lives) and that is why he was persistent into having more tours. We need more people who would stand up and protect their own kind. But instead of protecting one kind or section...we need people who would protect all of man kind...

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Where Kyle was in a hostile country where people were getting blown up, shot at, everything that goes with it.

Sad thing is he was doing his job...and he was damn good at it.

Some people need to stay away from these types of movies if it doesn't fit there liking...it would save a lot of hassles.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Neo we are talking about movies being made.
So again is there a movie out glorifying his drone strikes?
That would be the only way you could compare. Cause last time I checked he takes a lot of heat from the left about it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

You are getting paid right, as they did use your likeness in a true story.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes we are.

Like how it was 'patriotic' to watch the interview, and free speech, and all that jazz.

Then the same people turn around, and snubs another one because they don't like it.

I can only take the hypocrisy from Hollywood so much.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I watched it and actually enjoyed the movie. I don't think it celebrated killers as much as we are led to believe. It clearly showed Kyle had lots of issues when he got back, as many soldiers do...it didn't try to hide that. Here you have this man who was a great soldier...seemed like a decent guy as well regardless of whether you support the war or not...and in the end what he did weighed on him. Whether it was from taking so many lives or seeing so many lives being taken war is not a fun thing.

I think at times I found myself not liking Kyle and times having great respect for him. That wasn't an easy job. Would you shoot a kid who is about to throw a grenade at your squad? No one wants to be in that situation and few and recover fully from it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Freedom of expression among directors is limited to the message the state department and pentagon wants to impart.

But in general, Hollywood has been promoting violence in films for ever, Is it what sells and whats good for us? Or is it conditioning our minds?

Movies that show the "good guy" killing the enemy invite us to accept killing in the name of good. Its okay to cheer the body count the hero racks up, he's a "good guy".

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kuroodo

Ignorant because he only targets a specific culture/group of people.

The same people that were trying to kill American soldiers.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

' I'll buy that for a dollar'.

From Robocop.

Body counts R us.

link   

So you agree barry had nothing to do with op, good we are making ground.
Cause talking about movies being made that glorify stuff not just people in general.
Are you offended that they are saying this isnt patriotic?

I don't think it was patriotic to watch the interview and I dont think a movie about a guy in a useless war that the majority of the state's now think was wrong is either.

Critics can have options too, don't let them get ya twisted up about what they have to say

+11 more 
link   
I served as a Navy Corpsman. While anybody is free to disagree, I and Kyle did our job to keep all these news reports about bombings, beheadings, etc from happening down the street from your home, here in America. Jehad is worse then the Nazi movement just prior to WWII. If anybody really thinks you can negotiate with pure evil and not have a ready force to defend your freedoms, you really are living in a temporary fantasy.
I thank God that we still produce citizens, who are capable of fighting evil, and yes that means using military force to protect my way of life.
I am now retired. I don't plan on going to war. I am fortunate that as I write this, there is a young man or woman training to kill those who would think it nothing to take my life.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

No the Potus has a great deal to do with this topic.

Since he killed more people than kyle.

For the same reasons.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

It clearly showed Kyle had lots of issues when he got back, as many soldiers do...it didn't try to hide that.

According to his wife he felt as though he let his country down by not continuing on the battlefield...

After Chris left the Navy, Taya said, “There was always a bittersweet part of that, the part that he did always feel like he let his country down in not continuing to be on the battlefield.”

insider.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join