It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe plunged into energy crisis as Russia cuts off gas supply via Ukraine.... But yet NOTHING has

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is very serious news people... I have been watching the news stations all weekend and haven't heard a thing about it... Cutting the supply of natural gas by 60% is huge... Just imagine is the gas supply was cut to the U.S. by 60%???.. What would happen then?? I'll tell you what would happen... Someone would be getting their butts handed to them via drone strikes!!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What would you suggest they do? Russia gets most of its money on oil and gas sales. They are also taking a beating on those sales because of the price of oil. That's the reason the wall fell in the eighties,,,

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
So then begin drone strikes on Russia?

Thats as 'droning' as it gets.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Ive seen this article as well however I have failed to verify this claim anywhere. is this a hoax or did this actually happen? This would be a bad move for a country that relies onthose exports would it not?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This story was reported on earlier here at ATS....use the ATS search engine.....if this was true there would news reports on this world-wide, but there aren't any......seems that natural gas will be rerouted through Turkey sometime in the near future.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Is it not just going to be sent via a different route as opposed to being cut off altogether?
Cutting off gas supply to Europe would completely cripple Russia so I really doubt they would do that!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is more about the siphoning of natural gas by Ukraine than trying to punish Europe. Although, the sanctions we are putting against Russia aren't helping things. For some strange reason the free world thinks they can do sanctions against Russia and Russia does not have rights to do anything back. That sounds more like a crybaby bully technique, you notice not much is being said about this by the governments involved because they do not want to let their citizens know that they brought this upon their own citizens.

Russia has a lot of military might, it would be stupid to attack them or their interests. So what would you have them do anyway, bomb the natural gas complex so Europe gets no natural gas at all?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I guess you missed the part where Ukraine was siphoning off gas as it gas moved through the pipelines to other countries .... And since when is it mandated that Russia sell gas to Ukraine or anyone else?

Then there is the fact that Russia/Gazprom have signed a treaty with Turkey to move gas through their pipelines to Greece where the Europeans can access it .......

The US wanted a war in Ukraine and they have it ... BTW, also the Ukraine government is back to a full scale attacks on the separatists..... another reason why gas was shut off .....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I am surprised Russia has not used its ace card of gas supply before now when the sanctions started to hit it.

I wonder if there is not a lot of financial problems that are bubbling just under the radar and have been covered by the recent events in Paris. Something just doesn't feel like business as usual. But we will see.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ARNOMANNN

Russian gas makes less than 6% of the total energy use in Europe. A cut off 60% would mean that Europe will have to find a way to cover the loss of 2.4% of total energy or reduce consumption by that amount.

All depends on countries though, some countries like Lithuania are very dependent of Russian gas, but majority are not and I believe in the end, Russia will be the biggest loser due to cutting the gas supply.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

Russian gas makes less than 6% of the total energy use in Europe. A cut off 60% would mean that Europe will have to find a way to cover the loss of 2.4% of total energy or reduce consumption by that amount.

All depends on countries though, some countries like Lithuania are very dependent of Russian gas, but majority are not and I believe in the end, Russia will be the biggest loser due to cutting the gas supply.

I don't even think it will effect Europe as much as you say, as long as the Ukraine quits siphoning off gas. If they keep up their practice, Europe won't get any gas. This is a ploy to drive a wedge between Europe and the Ukraine's dishonest people who are taking the gas. As far as Russia is concerned, let Europe deal with the dishonesty in the Ukraine now. Russia was not getting a cent for the gas that some in the Ukraine were stealing. This shouldn't really impact Russia financially as some may think. If you aren't getting paid for something, why bother pumping it to them.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabin

Dont forget the natural gas boom in the US, america would just sell to the eu, russia depends on the revenue, they cant cut the eu off or they collapse their economy.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That article was written in 2009?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Look at the date on this article - UPDATED: 17:57 EST, 7 January 2009

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fnpmitchreturns
I guess you missed the part where Ukraine was siphoning off gas as it gas moved through the pipelines to other countries .... And since when is it mandated that Russia sell gas to Ukraine or anyone else?

Then there is the fact that Russia/Gazprom have signed a treaty with Turkey to move gas through their pipelines to Greece where the Europeans can access it .......

The US wanted a war in Ukraine and they have it ... BTW, also the Ukraine government is back to a full scale attacks on the separatists..... another reason why gas was shut off .....

Indeed, nice post.

top topics

join