It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2015 Fireballs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Share your own or interesting fireball videos/pics from the internet, or even stories, most don't have time to grab a camera/smartphone to capture the images.

Everyone has seen shooting stars, the quick thin lines that appear commonly in the night sky, and while still very cool, those are nothing new and I think most members are not really interested in those in terms of any possible earth changes.

Try to ensure they are current and not ones from years gone by.

We are definitely hearing about more fireballs, seeing more videos and pictures. The question is, has the number of fireballs actually increased, or is it just the recent proliferation of technologies such as smartphones and youtube.

My contention is that such events have always been news, and even 2 or 3 decades ago daytime fireballs would make the newspapers, radio news and tv news - and that only happened maybe a few times a decade. Now we hear about them a few times a week. It is no big deal anymore, but daytime fireballs used to be a big deal.

ATS thread: Fireballs with sonic booms increase over 500% from 2005 - 2012 www.abovetopsecret.com...

We were told the Chelyabinsk meteor was a once in a century event, and now scientists have discovered a meteor crater in the Antarctic, believed to be from an meteor impact in 2004, the meteor possibly as large as or larger than the Chelyabinsk meteor. There are questions as to the age of the crater, but if it were from the 2004 event, it would mean these large meteors are not even one in a decade events, they are becoming more frequent than that.

Link

Anyway, here is the latest fireball, from yesterday:

From the internet it seems this was from Russia's Amur region.

Does anyone have any tips on distinguishing fireballs from space junk? Colors? Speed? Are there any agencies which put out notices when space junk of a certain/significant size will be re-entering the atmosphere?

Here are some good FAQ's and answers provided by the American Meteor Association:

Fireball FAQ's

edit on 19-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition/correction

edit on 19-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

These fireballs over Michigan look terrifying!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Umm, those are not fireballs, they are chemtrails, and belong on some chemtrail thread. Not really funny either.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I wasn't trying to be funny. (?)

I don't know about "chemtrails" but there was some speculation that it was some space debris.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Well, does it make more sense that jetliners were flying in a regular pattern, or that fireballs/space debris was falling in a regular pattern?

Also, what is the average speed of a jetliner? 500 - 600 mph? Meteoroids enter the upper atmosphere in speeds ranging from 11km/sec to 72km/sec. Depending on the size and composition they will lose speed in the lower atmosphere, but even if they lose 90% of their speed we are talking about a range of 1km/sec to 7 km/sec, whereas the fastest jetliner will only cover a 1/4 km in a sec, approx. So fireballs are much faster, and the images in your video are quite slow, this would be your second clue.

edit on 19-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Well, I'm no expert, and like I said, I don't know anything about chemtrails. I'm not saying that it's NOT chemtrails, I just don't know.

There was speculation, in the YouTube comment section that it may have been space debris. I found this example of space debris, that kinda looks the same, but at a different angle and different weather conditions.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

That is a very cool video. Here is another one from 3 weeks ago in Brazil which could be a fireball or space debris. But isn't there some kind of announcement if major space debris is falling back to earth?

Go to about 45 sec in to skip the intro, this one also contains footage from one that was recently deemed a hoax, the one about a fireball releasing orbs...so ignore that part

edit on 19-1-2015 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Very slow moving fireball explosion over far eastern Russia. Story headline calls it a "spectacular UFO" but it's surely a fireball. Maybe it's space debris simply because of how slow it moves. This link has video of the fragmenting fireball.

Spectacular UFO lights up sky in far eastern Russia

The authorities have stayed initially silent on the unidentified object which broke apart as it flew over eastern Russia early on Saturday morning. After streaking across the sky, it exploded into a number of pieces with a dazzling flash and a delayed boom described as sounding several minutes later before 7am.

One account said the noise of the explosion came eight minutes after the break-up in the sky. Best guesses from eyewitnesses close to the city of Blagoveshchensk were that this was a meteor.

Other suggestions on social media were that it was a rocket.But Sputnik news agency described one witness as saying 'it looked like a plane's trail but way bigger and brighter'. There were no reports from the authorities suggesting it was a man-made object.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Wow that video just gave me flashbacks to a dream I had a few years ago. Here it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Here's a cool one from Houston a few days ago, seemed very slow but not a contrail/chemtrail.

Maybe it was quite high in the atmosphere? Just skimming the atmosphere?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Jan 7 2015, nice one explodes over Bucharest Romania:

With night vision (warning, cheesy music):

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Here is another cool fireball video, just missed the new year by a couple of days, but it is a nice one, and I hadn't seen it on ATS:

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here is a little better video from the Houston fireball of January 18, 2015. Probably the slowest fireball I have ever seen, but I don't think it is a contrail/chemtrail. Maybe it is just at a very high altitude?

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice one caught by a British beach web cam a couple days ago:

Fireball

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Very nice one from New Zealand, Feb 11 2015.

Multiple witnesses reported booms as well, and seismic stations picked up small simultaneous seismic events, more likely from sonic booms than any impact.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Satellite Re-entry Over Western USA

The American Meteor Society received over 145 reports from western states last night (February, 23th 2015) about a slow moving grouping of fireballs traveling from the south east to the north west. Witness reports indicate, the object travelled over a 1,000 mile distance and was seen from as far south as Arizona and as far north as Alberta CA. The phenomenon was seen from Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Montana, Nevada, California, Washington, Oregon, Wyoming, Alberta and British Columbia on Tuesday, February 24th 2015 around 11:00 PM Mountain time.

edit on 2/24/2015 by ~Lucidity because: video

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Thanks Lucidity, so the one from Brazil (further up the page) was probably space junk as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
A nice one seen from SE Michigan, central/NE Ohio, Western Pennsylvania, and Western NY State last week:

Sonic booms accompanied the sightings.

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Another one from Florida on Feb 21, again sonic booms accompanied the sightings.

And a link to the American Meteor Society which has nice stats and maps on sightings:

American Meteor Society - info on Fireballs

posted on Feb, 28 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Here is a good one that happened Feb 27 (2015) in Kerala, India:

Apparently there was some panic in the city due to the sonic boom and fireball:

Kerala fireball panic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join