It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe Selfie-Gate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Four young women from different countries that just want to enjoy life, and some old farts with outdated laws stand in the way of progress.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Four girls having fun together..

You dont know that. You sont know what is going on. To me honestly it looks like miss lebanon and miss slovenia were doing a shoot together with the actual photog in front of them. They dont just wear the sashes 24/7. I would say they were lined up for an actual non selfie photo shoot.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why would you deny her a chance because her countries politics?

Where did I say that?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I think you know its questionable. .

Um .. no. I've spent two pages saying very clearly that the photo tells the whole story ... the photo and the stupidity coming out of the government of Lebanon. So don't try to interject something on me that isn't there.

- It's obviously a selfie with four willing and happy participants who know the picture is being taken. If it was a 'stolen picture' .. they wouldn't be smiling and they wouldn't be looking into the camera.

- Young people post selfies on social media all the time. It's normal.

- There were no problems until the Lebanese gov't decided to be idiots about it.

- Now suddenly it's a supposed 'stolen picture' ... even though everyone in the picture obviously is participating in it and looking right at the camera and smiling. Stolen picture? Poppycock!

Again - the rule in Lebanon that Lebanese can't talk to or sit with an Israeli is absurd. This is why there can be no peace in the middle east. The people pushing this are idiots and just want an unending war. If two young women can't even take a happy picture together, then how the heck are the two sides ever going to be able to get along?

Like I said - Abject stupidity.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Sounds like Lebanon is so screwed up in it's thinking that it should avoid sending participants to any contest.

No wonder peace in our world is basically impossible.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

They dont just wear the sashes 24/7. .

Actually ... they pretty much do. Have you ever been to a beauty contest or seen the documentaries on them? The contestants really do wear the sashes pretty much the entire time. Not the crowns from their countries or states or towns, but the sashes stay on. It's part of the recognition at the events.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

the rule in Lebanon that Lebanese can't talk to or sit with an Israeli is absurd.

bingo

This is the heart of the issue

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No problems until... they already disqualified a contestant for the same thing in the past.

You say willing participants but you dont know that they didnt have half a dozen vcameras on them and were smiling at each camera. Its obviously a photo shoot and they are surroundes by cameras.

If her profile is full of pictures of selfies from the tour with other girls then ill drop my case. I just am not dismissing miss lebanons story and am not ignoring that it was miss israel that took the photo and uploaded it.

I didnt put any words in your mouth just pointed put your assumptions.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Not on tour.. no they don't. They will for events and photo sessions.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Lebanon isn't the only country with a law like this, or similar laws, though.

Countries worry about things like treason, infiltration, espionage. And, frankly, this probably would have come to nothing anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Its obviously a photo shoot and they are surroundes by cameras. ...
I didnt put any words in your mouth just pointed put your assumptions.

No it's not 'obviously a photoshoot and they are surrounded by cameras'.
That's you making assumptions.

Like I said, they wear those sashes all through the contest time ... to the meals,
to the events ... to the 'outings' that get set up. Everywhere.

The picture is a selfie and all four girls were looking right at the phone camera that took the selfie. RIGHT AT THE CAMERA. They knew it was being taken, and they knew who was taking it, and they smiled.

The backwards government should stay out of the darn pageant and let the girls have fun.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This could be the start of the great selfie war

Top 10 Stupid Things That Started Wars
______beforeitsnews/alternative/2014/08/top-10-stupid-things-that-started-wars-3020398.html

hee hee

The Great Guano War
edit on 093131p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I'm surprised at the Lebanon laws against the Lebanese fraternizing with people from Israel. I'm surprised at the childish outrage of the people of Lebanon against these women sitting together and getting along. I'm shocked at how quickly Miss Lebanon threw her new buddy, Miss Israel, under the bus.

Someone is pretty Jealous. You're shocked the fact that you're NOT even close!

That Lebanon bird is Wow.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
So women from these countries can't even sit together and hang out? These cultures really have to at least get to the 19th century, I don't think that's too much for the world to ask.

These cultures? How about just Lebanon? I haven't heard complaints from from Slovenia and Japan. Miss Lebanon will now wear a suicide bomb bikini to get back at Miss Israel.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So when is the nude pillow fight round?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Why would you deny her a chance because her countries politics?

what I was trying to say was why would Lebanon let her participate, knowing she might bump into a Jew.

OH! the horror

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Probably gets really boring over there, so they hope for a little drama to overreact about every now and then.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mekhanics
I have no idea what any of your post means.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Could miss ISIS and Miss Iraq be in the same ohoto?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Probably gets really boring over there, so they hope for a little drama to overreact about every now and then.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join