It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss Universe Selfie-Gate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Who are these people that have standardized what makes a woman beautiful and eligible to be in a "beauty" contest?

I don't buy it....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

So you buy the story put out by Miss Lebanon that she and the other two girls had no clue that they were in a picture by Miss Israel? This is all the fault of Ms. Israel because of a nefarious scheme to get Miss Lebanon disqualified or something?

Naaah ... I'm looking at that picture and it's obvious that they all knew the picture was being taken and who was taking it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's a discussion for a whole other thread .... what is 'beauty' and what good are 'beauty contests'. Although they are no longer called that at this level. The Miss Universe contest is supposed to be not just about outer beauty but also about inner beauty and talent and hopes etc etc.

But all that aside ...

The issue here is that these four young women couldn't sit together in peace and be happy and take a picture of themselves getting along. The government of Lebanon had a melt down because Miss Lebanon sat next to Miss Israel ... and Miss Lebanon told a story about supposedly being photobombed (or selfie bombed). But the picture taken tells a different story ...

It's sad. These young women were getting along fine. Now the worst in Miss Lebanon is coming out and the ignorant 'no fraternizing with Israeli' Lebanese law is brought to the forefront. There is no hope for peace in the future if the young people from these countries aren't even allowed to sit next to each other and hold a normal conversation.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Dragging models into your conflict???

Real classy Lebanon... Real classy!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I concur. Miss Lebanon gets second pick.

On topic: It's heart breaking to think the stress and potential heartache Saly Griege will have to go through thanks to some of her backward thinking brothers and sisters back home.

I say let the girls have some fun.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I didnt say that. Im asking the question you are ignoring. Given the knowlege that miss Israel most likely has about the relationship between thw two countries and that it has and does extend to this pageant then why would she walk up to mis lebanon and snap a picture and then knowing the potential damage she uploaded it.

Miss Israel snapped (with how little of her is in the frame it could have happened in an instance) and she uploaded it. You cant completely discount miss lebanons story as those two facts kindve suppoert it.

Couldve easily been someone taking a picture of the threen when miss israel stepped in and snapped a photo explaining her closeness to the camera and why the others were already posing (for other cameras).

Do you deny this possibility despite the fact miss israel took the photo and uploaded it. Why do you think she did it. You also make several assumptions in your opening post.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

for the big picture....

It's the same type of mentality of people, usually male, that can determine what feminine "beauty" is and what dogma and ideology is proper for any culture to follow.

Control freaks, authoritarian, sick psyches and ugly souls...
edit on 19-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

A few years back I read a story about two best friends one was Jewish the other Palestinian, it happens.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's the same type of mentality of people, usually male, that can determine what feminine "beauty" is and what dogma and ideology is proper for any culture to follow.

Control freaks, authoritarian, sick psyches and ugly souls...

HELLO!

yup,

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Im looking at the picture too and to me it looks like girls in picture mode having pictures taken from the front and then miss israel stepped in and snapped a personal photo from the side. it explains why she Iis so close and the other girls are in a row at equal distance.

Why did miss israel take this photo knowing the potential damage to her c fellow contestant and further why did she upload it? You arent considering those. Also you make the assumption they are all friendly but I assure you they are trained to smile for the cameras.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
Im asking the question you are ignoring.

I didn't ignore anything.

Why do you think she did it.

Why do I think that four young girls on a trip to a foreign country took a selfie of themselves having fun together, and then put it up on social media? Really? It's called normal behavior.

You also make several assumptions in your opening post.

No. I'm looking at it in a straight forward manner and not insinuating unlikely conspiracy type motives.

I'm looking at the picture. It looks pretty straight forward. Four happy young girls on a free dream trip to a foreign country get together and take a selfie. They all obviously look like they are posing for the camera and know it's there. They are looking right into the camera and obviously aren't caught off guard or intruded upon.

No 'stolen picture' happened there. No evidence of it.
It's just young people having fun.

And the Selfie-Gate problem wouldn't have happened except that the old fogies in Lebanon don't want Lebanese to sit next to Israelis or .. God forbid .. have a Lebanese actually get along with an Israeli. Oh the horror! Next thing you know .. peace might break out in the Middle East. They can't have that ... can they?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I watches a documentary about a Jewish guy that would sneak to see friends in Palestine illegally.

Im not saying its absolute that Miss Israel was up to something nefarious, but im not going to say Miss Palestine is a liar throwing someone under the bus either.

I would believe givwn the history, that miss israel was aware of the ramifications of taking the photo and also of uploading it. I mean she gas nothing to worry about but now her "friend" as op inexplicably frames it could be facing disqualification or worse.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

This time around, the Lebanese government has vowed to “launch an investigation” and will decide this week whether the offensive photo will get her crown snapped, too.
That’s exactly what Miss Israel was shooting for, said Miss Lebanon’s delusional agent, who likened the beauty to a stealthy saboteur, stalking his client with her camera drawn before she “photo-bombed” Greige standing with Miss Japan and Miss Slovenia, according to Lebanese media

YUP

their nuts

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

it looks like girls in picture mode having pictures taken from the front and then miss israel stepped in and snapped a personal photo from the side. it explains why she Iis so close and the other girls are in a row at equal distance.

- The Israeli girl isn't 'so close'. She's holding up her arm to take the picture but they are all very close in distance to each other.

- If the Israeli girl just suddenly stepped in to take a personal photo from the side ... the girls wouldn't all be looking at the Israeli girls camera and smiling.

If you wish to buy Miss Lebanons cover story and blame the Israeli girl for something nefarious .. go right ahead. But I"m not seeing anything even close to it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

She does look a little bloated

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

im not going to say Miss Palestine is a liar throwing someone under the bus either.

.... You mean Miss Lebanon.

And she had no problem with the picture on social media until her crown was threatened by the nutters back in the Lebanese government. Then suddenly it was supposedly a stolen picture.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

WOW ... yes ... nutters.

The Lebanese government is going to launch an investigation into a selfie that the four girls obviously knew was being taken and they participated in ... smiling the whole time .. ??? And the hyperbole against Miss Israel out of the Lebanese handlers is reprehensible.

It's just a freak'n selfie of four girls having fun together.

Idiots.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
why let Miss L participate at all, how do you participate in a competition with untouchables?

sick world some people live in

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You were actually speculating. And im not insinuating conspiracy type motives I am just not dismissing what miss lebanon said. Ahe said that Miss Israel tried several times to tke selfies and or get in photos with her. Then we have a photo uploadd by miss israel that she took next to miss lebanon. Not my conspiracy but what was actually said. You have no evidence to the contrary and no reason really to dismiss it except possibly a bias.

If miss Lebanon took it and posted it or anyone else then dismiss away. You cant acknowledge its a little funny that miss israel came up next to miss lebanon snapped a selfie (a bad one and singular one) and uploaded it deapite the history?

I think you know its questionable. I dont know why you would dismiss the possibility. Im not saying either side is thw truth, but im not calling them besties and saying one is lying.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Why would you deny her a chance because her countries politics?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join