It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this has been bothering me all day, today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Last night, I had a dream that involved a person who I've never seen before. She interacted with me in the dream unlike how a normal dream construct acts. She appeared to have sentience and was her own 'personality' instead of my own projection of something. I met this person for the first time in this dream, I think. I know that sounds weird, but it's the feeling that I get.

The interaction kinda shook me up. I've run into people in dreams who I think are really people, before (albeit very, very rarely--a handful of times max in my life). But this one really colored my whole vibe after I woke up. It seemed like this person meant to meet me in the dream (based on what she said to me) and that was a first. She said something about how I looked different than she'd imagined I'd look.

I know that I'm probably not expressing myself well on this because I honestly don't quite know what to think or what I'm really trying to ask. But I'd appreciate any thoughts people have, regardless. I know it probably sounds like I was just dreaming, and I'd love for it to be just that. But somehow I can't shake off the feeling that it wasn't.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Uggh, that is creepy. I know what you mean - I think. Usually dream people are part of us, but this woman felt 'other' and separate from you?

What did she look like and what feeling did you get from her? In other words, what was the meaning of her coming to see you?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You mentioned she had her own personality. Could you try describing it please? Could you describe her physical characteristics if you tried?

I have had dreams that feel more real than reality and I know that feeling that there is definitely something more going on behind the scenes.

Have you recently had "odd" happenings in daily life? Increases in synchronicity for instance.

Edit- Did she have any identifying marks on her person/clothing?
edit on 19-1-2015 by ProsceniumProtagonist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Sounds like a family member paid you a visit. I am still not altogether sure what dreams constitute in this reality. However, I am fairly sure that I, too, have interacted with what I later realized were actual other people sharing a dream, or sharing MY dream. Not sure. I am certain that most of the 'people' I meet in dreams are artificial constructs, like you suggest, but not all. Perhaps it is time you talked to some of the older people in your family to see if there was anyone particularly fond of you when you were a babe, that is no longer with us now.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Once your body shuts down into supsended state, low delta, you leave it. We don't stay in the shut down form of us. And astral, lucid dream and nde plane is a real place. Most people aren't just dreaming when they're dreaming, some of it may be in various states of sleep, but thats not the whole.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
She was thin, kinda weak-looking, tired, though pretty. Symmetrical features. Kinda wide-set eyes. Thin lips, short mousey hair, taller than me and perhaps slightly older than me. I'd say she was around mid to late 20's. Maybe older. Probably around 5'4--5'5 (I'm 5'2) She was kind and had a soft melodic voice. Her affect was rather melancholy.

I think her name started with an 'M'.

Did not bear any similarities to me or my family facially or physically. She was a stranger. Granted, we definitely hit it off--I'd love to be her friend irl. I do believe that people can dream walk, at least somewhat.

What kind of information do people need to know about you in order to find you in a dream?

When I've had dead family in my dreams, they never speak as a rule for some reason. My mom has reported the same. The person was familiar with modern talk and seemed pretty current.

edit on 19-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   

So she was attractive, young, you would like to be friends with her, she felt kind but sad. She said that you looked different than you should or how she would expect? That's really interesting.
So the feelings associated with the dream were kindness and sadness/melancholia, (and maybe tiredness too, on a re-read) and she told you that you didn't look as you should. Is that meaningful to you?
Sorry for all the questions Rukia, I'm trying to understand your dream as you felt it.

B x
edit on 21-1-2015 by beansidhe because: re-read

new topics

top topics

join