It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

Its not a fabricated postion.

It doesn't matter what other people from other religions do, or how much you hate them.

It doesn't detract from the fact that you offer only one choice. Yours.

That is fundamentalism

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

To compare the prevalence of Christian violence with islamist violence is also, profoundly stupid.

Sorry dude fundamentalism and extremism suck no matter the religion.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I'm sorry, but you are not correct.

"You shall Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’, and Love your neighbor as yourself."

An extreme, fundamentalist Christian strives for this life - a life of shared love.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

"You shall Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’, and Love your neighbor as yourself."

An extreme, fundamentalist Christian strives for this life - a life of shared love.

Not according to Gandhi:

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Its not a fabricated postion.

It doesn't matter what other people from other religions do, or how much you hate them.

It doesn't detract from the fact that you offer only one choice. Yours.

That is fundamentalism

It is entirely a fabrication - your projection of hate does not make me hate other people.

To be clear(er) - I am not offering any choice. I am not the author of life, and I cannot give free will to another.

You are free to have any opinion you wish - even if yours is incorrect and presumptive.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Ghandi was right - Christians are not like Christ, although we are supposed to try to be like him every day - in our thoughts, in our words, in our deeds, and in our worship.

The more Christians behave like Jesus, the better the world will be.

The more islamists behave like muhummad, the more the world will dissolve into darkness and death and misery.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Unfortunately history shows that isn't true.

From the very inception of Christianity different factions of xtain's fought and killed each other over what they felt should be followed or strived for. It is said that xtain's killed more xtain's than the Roman empire or any other group.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You are free to have any opinion you wish - even if yours is incorrect and presumptive.

My presumption and observations are based on your statements.

If you do not wish to be perceived in a certain way, maybe you should rethink your approach?

BTW, condemnation is not Christian. If you follow Christ you should be looking to forgive, and simply allow the divine to judge. It is not your place to do those things.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Again, you are not correct. Sorry.

Repent, Peter said to them, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, to have your sins forgiven; then you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is for you and for your children, and for all those, however far away, whom the Lord our God calls to himself.

And he used many more words besides, urgently appealing to them; Save yourselves, he said, from this false-minded generation.

So all those who had taken his words to heart were baptized, and about three thousand souls were won for the Lord that day. These occupied themselves continually with the apostles’ teaching, their fellowship in the breaking of bread, and the fixed times of prayer, and every soul was struck with awe, so many were the wonders and signs performed by the apostles in Jerusalem.

All the faithful held together, and shared all they had, selling their possessions and their means of livelihood, so as to distribute to all, as each had need. They persevered with one accord, day by day, in the temple worship, and, as they broke bread in this house or that, took their share of food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God, and winning favor with all the people. And each day the Lord added to their fellowship others that were to be saved.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

My presumption and observations are based on your statements.

If you do not wish to be perceived in a certain way, maybe you should rethink your approach?

BTW, condemnation is not Christian. If you follow Christ you should be looking to forgive, and simply allow the divine to judge. It is not your place to do those things.

You have a naive understanding of Christian forgiveness. Can I forgive a man who murdered my children if he is unrepentant and offers no apology?

No.

Does God forgive us when we do not repent of our sins, express sincere remorse for them and move forward?

No.

If islamists stop butchering innocent people, repent and seek forgiveness, then I am obligated to forgive them, and extend Christian charity. Otherwise, we are right to judge their heinous actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

If islamists stop butchering innocent people, repent and seek forgiveness, then I am obligated to forgive them, and extend Christian charity. Otherwise, we are right to judge their heinous actions.

A couple of questions. What about those WAY over a billion Muslims that DON'T do what you ascribe to them? Do you also condemn the Westboro Baptists?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am not talking about stories in the bible I am talking about actual historical events.

It is well documented the fighting and killing of Christians against Christians for religious reasons and that has gone on all through history. I am sure you have heard of the Thirty Years' War for the more recent.

So I stand by what I said fundamentalists and extremists suck no matter the religion.

The can be near indistinguishable from each other.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I must have read these wrong then during my times reading the bible.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The no-go zones as described on the TV by Fox News and Sean Hannity are complete made up BS designed to control the sheeple and make the hate the good and friendly muslims.

To toss you a bone, they weren't completely made up, they were over exaggerated. When you convert exaggerations into data, than the actual data presented is wrong.

It's going to take more than a few people on ATS and their own experiences to convince me that we are facing an actual threat rather than a small demographic of pissed off Muslims isolated to small parts of the country. They DO exist, just not in the capacity FOX News tried spoon feed everybody. If you eat fear for breakfast, lunch and dinner, it starts to taste funny. People are slowly catching on.

Did you miss the video of people who live in these regions painting the exact opposite picture you are trying to make us believe? Are you saying FOX News was 100% correct?

edit on 22-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I must have read these wrong then during my times reading the bible.

Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. "

Matthew 6:14-15
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

You are correct - you read them wrongly.

It is not possible to give forgiveness when remorse and repentance is not offered. Forgiveness is a response to remorse - it is mine to offer only when offered remorse by the offender...this was indisputable in the early Church - the notion of forgiveness without contrition did not appear until Luther.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

They weren't completely made up, they were over exaggerated.

I don't disagree with this.

I do disagree with the statements made here that they were fabrications by the media, and note the ridiculous irony of support of those statements demonstrated by statements from the media.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Good, because that was the point of the thread.

I wanted to highlight that part more than the "everything the media says is wrong" argument.

Anything else, we can agree to disagree until I see another source that's more credible than FOX News. I'm am not trying to disregard your experiences, but at the moment, all I have is your word.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

murdoch isn't a devil.

he's an opportunist, one who perhaps abuses his privileged place in society (his privilege is mostly down to his closeness with many important rich people, his own wealth, and influence through his newscorp.)

If it were in Murdoch's interest, he'd sell Fox News at a drop of a hat and start funding "The Daily Worker", or whatever.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Ok.

So what, exactly, do normal people practising Islam who harbour no ill will to anyone need to be forgiven for?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

Did you see the zombie apocolypsesce wave of 1.8 billion Muslims rolling over the hillside on your way to work this morning?

I did not, but the Christians in Syria and Iraq certainly did.

1.8 billion Muslims and everyone see them every day.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join