It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your momma and daddy may have to give away much of your inheritance to someone else

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This man calls it "The Trust Fund Loophole" and tries to make you feel like a total loser and deadbeat if your parents wanted you and your children to have access to all the wealth they accumulated over the years. He wants to judge you, make judgments about you and your family, and then punish you because of it. He considers you and your family the evil rich.

Just reading the OP. This question might have been answered already - but ---- are you a "Trust Fund Baby"?

Do you have more money than you could possibly spend in a lifetime coming to you?

How much money is 'enough', in your mind?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
OK, the evil rich -- does that include Obama who make over 5.2 million with his book "Dreams of my father"? Does it include taxing any of the senate, how about george s? Why are we crippling the job givers and the investors? The government takes millions and gives back pennies in American programs. How about cutting back on waste instead?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

For those that still miss the point.

The US government created money.

It's doesn't matter who has what.

Government owns money.

That's why anyone who tries to print their own. Gets them a nice stay at a 5 star prison.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AbbaCabba

Unfortunately due to [Walmart's] business model the government needs to foot the bill for the remaining needs of many of Walmart's employees.

"unfortunately"?
Really?

You mean - "by design", right?
amiright?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AbbaCabba

Now the divide between upper class and middle class is so far apart. The difference between lower and middle income earners is shrinking every day. The availability of full time employment is dwindling. There are a lot of working poor in this world. Peoples dignity is being sold to beef up the bottom line for tbe shareholders

Yep. That ^^^ . I'd add an "amen", but honestly I think the political/religious crap going on now is going to sink this nation faster than Rome could say 'Wha-----?"

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
from your quote:

eliminating a tax break on inheritances

I'm pretty sure that this only applies to people who are worth bajillions of dollars. Could be wrong, but I suspect that (as per usual), you are exaggerating and getting all frothy-mouthed.

Do you, neo, ever listen to public radio? Or just Glenn Beck. < my hunch is: no, and yes. Respectively.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No on both counts.

It effects everyone.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

HERE is the point:

investment and inheritance taxes on the wealthy would be increased and some loopholes that small numbers of the super-rich (like one Willard Romney) exploit will be closed. While the SOTU is often the occasion for dramatic announcements that are soon forgotten, this one lands in the center a debate that is looking like it will shape the upcoming presidential race. Naturally, Republicans are not pleased.

Are you wealthy? Are you the super-rich?

We all know your political leanings. Nevertheless, this law wouldn't affect you unless you are already in the 1%.

Sorry - here's the source: www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 1/19/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

No on both counts.

Really? Well, then, where are your opinions and knowledge drawn from?
Conservative crap, or Liberal crap?

Do you even TRY to maintain a balance between absorbing the two? Like, some right-wing crap in the morning, and some left-wing crap after lunch?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

This man calls it "The Trust Fund Loophole" and tries to make you feel like a total loser and deadbeat if your parents wanted you and your children to have access to all the wealth they accumulated over the years. He wants to judge you, make judgments about you and your family, and then punish you because of it. He considers you and your family the evil rich.

Just reading the OP. This question might have been answered already - but ---- are you a "Trust Fund Baby"?

Do you have more money than you could possibly spend in a lifetime coming to you?

How much money is 'enough', in your mind?

Does it matter and how is it any of your business?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

No on both counts.

Really? Well, then, where are your opinions and knowledge drawn from?
Conservative crap, or Liberal crap?

Do you even TRY to maintain a balance between absorbing the two? Like, some right-wing crap in the morning, and some left-wing crap after lunch?

You like to ask a lot of personal questions. Let me ask you one. Do you think a family of six (wife, husband, four kids) is wealthy that earns $287,000 per year?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That is really laughable.

The US government is essentially a weapon of mass destruction.

Tax LAW is like launching a nuke to kill an ant.

All laws work this way.

The middle class will be collateral damage like ALWAYS.

As Capitol Gains:

A capital gain is a profit that results from a disposition of a capital asset, such as stock, bond or real estate, where the amount realised on the disposition exceeds the purchase price. The gain is the difference between a higher selling price and a lower purchase price.[1] Conversely, a capital loss arises if the proceeds from the sale of a capital asset are less than the purchase price

en.wikipedia.org...

Apparently some people didn't learn a GD thing from the Housing bubble bursting, or the financial crisis.

Where people were upside down in their homes, and the 401s, and IRA's were instantly wiped out.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Rich people only exist to service the mob.

So the mob can go out, and buy more stuff.

That is if there is anything left, after the government blows it on studying cow farts, and not giving it to evil countries like Israel, or arming terrorist regimes in the ME.

Wow.

Are you serious? I really and truly do not understand your mentality at all. And I've tried - believe me, I've tried.

So - you think govt SHOULD give it to evil countries like Israel and arming Terrorist Regimes?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

The logical thing here to do is abolish the income tax.

LOL!!!! Hey - I live in Kansas - the governor here tried that 'grand experiment', and now people are fleeing the state in record numbers.

Dude, it's a fail.
BROWNBACK. Look him up.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It just so happens that I was raised in a middle-class family, and I bought a modest house in 1999. My mortgage payments are affordable (less than it costs to rent a 1-bedroom apartment around here). I have never EVER missed a payment, and no one "wiped out" my savings.....

If people decide to gample on Wall Street, well, then, they should read the fine print. THIS IS A RISK.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

How about quoting ALL of it ?

Yeah I guess it is hard to understand where i stand.

Like clearly saying the income tax ,and death tax should be abolished.

Guess some want to argue just for the hell of it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You didn't earn that money so in the eyes of the government it ain't yours. The wealthy will only put their money into trusts or foundations and draw a large pay check so if they think they are going to steal the wealth of the wealthy they are wrong.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

quoting all of what?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Does it matter and how is it any of your business?

Yes, it matters when someone is whining about paying taxes when others are starving.

It's my business because this rant is obviously from the point of view of someone who has something huge to lose. The proposed taxing ONLY APPLIES to filthy rich people.

doy

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

quoting all of what?

All of that post.

Here it is in FULL.

Well hoorah.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Hey then rich folk don't matter! Screw them, and their children!

So much for liberty, and EQUALITY.

Comes right down to it, just because someone has more than someone else.

Their rights don't mean nothing.

Rich people only exist to service the mob. So the mob can go out, and buy more stuff.

That is if there is anything left, after the government blows it on studying cow farts, and not giving it to evil countries like Israel, or arming terrorist regimes in the ME.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join