It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your momma and daddy may have to give away much of your inheritance to someone else

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Fix it how? More money is being funneled out of the country than what is being funneled in.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: pl3bscheese

That's all pie in the sky.

Do you know what this means to a millennial? Just warning you. Thanks for the chuckle!

The State does not have a track record for spending even reasonable taxes in effective ways..much less should they be able to tax money that has already been taxed more than they already do.

Okay, so how does this apply to what I said, and make you think that I'm being overly idealistic... instead of merely pointing out facts, and personal experience.

You want a level playing field? Stop spending current tax dollars on foreign aid and foreign wars and use it to fix the educational system instead.

Do you realize how much we spend on our educational system in USD compared to the rest of the world? Please don't provide percentages of GDP for each country, else you are in need of some education as well. Sorry to say. Why do you think throwing monies at social issues will solve them? Isn't that the thing you're trying to stop? Government bloat?... no, it's defending your values and beliefs. That's what's really going on here.

There are a dozen ways to make things more "fair" but it dang sure shouldn't start by stealing money from fellow citizens who have already paid up.

You seem to have missed my point entirely. This isn't going away, and isn't something new. At all. You might find it interesting to take a look at the historical tax rates for a variety of things, and compare it to today. None of this says anything about... taxes evil! taxes awesome! It's pointing to a reality that taxes have existed for a really long time, aren't going away anytime soon, and most importantly... inheritance beyond the means to get a decent start for your offspring tends to cause more harm than good... the most logical thing to do is to give it back.

Nothing about what I said was overly idealistic. Do take a look at that definition though. Thanks again for the chuckle!
edit on 18-1-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Just listen Tuesday night to Obama. It will all be clear to you then.

Don't accuse me of making stuff up. Which post do you need a link to? The OP is based on news sources I have been reading regarding Obama's upcoming talking points for his state of the union address. I believe the excerpt is an Associated Press article you can read here

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

Fix it how? More money is being funneled out of the country than what is being funneled in.

Too funny.

I suggest looking up the FACTA, and besides there is nothing wrong with people moving it offshore to keep the US governments grubby fingers off it.

www.irs.gov...

For the record Americans have moved their money offshore since the creation of this country.

How to fix the money ?

Start taking money out of circulation instead up flooding it with currency.

The more there is of something the LESS value it has.

The LESS of something the MORE value it has.

The solution is obvious.

Hell that is where the saying 'The dollar doesn't buy what it use to' comes from.

The less value money has the MORE it takes to buy things.

Banana Republic comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You seem to be unaware of the deflationary death spiral that was a potential reality less than a decade ago, which seems to be showing up recently yet again despite the inflationary efforts. Damned if we do, damned if we don't. I wonder why I even try on these boards anymore. Meh. You kids have fun with this thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

And someone is unaware or intentionally ignoring the fact that robbing from the the rich, so the poor, and middle class can go out, and buy more stuff IS NOT WORKING.

That is the reason for the $18 TRILLION dollar debt, and the reason they keep coming back to them evil rich folks raising their taxes.

To get more money to blow, and has nothing to show for it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If your family works hard to build up a nest egg, the taxes on that income have already been paid. Now their kids should be able to inherit that money with no big tax. The big thing here is whether taxes were paid on that income in the first place. Inheriting ten million in stock where the original cost was thirty grand should mean that the estate should be paying income taxes on that income if the parent dies. If someone inherits the money from an IRA of their parents, they pay taxes on that amount, but it is possible that some inheritances aren't taxed. I could get into the example of the increased value of gold. It can be sold to anyone with no tax due on the increased value.

I'm sure there will be loopholes in this to protect the 1% if it passes, it is only the upper middle class or growing lower high class that will be taxed. That is what I think will happen anyway, I do not have any proof of this because I have not seen the final draft of the bill.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Trickle down economics are not working.

Time to unclog the republican turd that is clogging up the system

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I don't think taxing them more is fair. Closing the loopholes so they have to pay their share fine. Inheritance tax is BS it was taxed already when they earned it to begin with. How many times must you tax the same dollar earned?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You're typing a bunch but not really making a clear argument beyond your opinion that inheritance is bad.Would you agree taxing a person multiple times is bad? That taking money from someone by force of State just to make a level playing field because they have fat stacks and you don't is still theft?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Where is the Trickle down economics? What I have seen is Trickle Up economics where the middle class get to pay for everyone else eroding the middle class creating more lower class. Supporting companies to keep high prices/low salaries by giving help to the poor that is working to survive is again distributing wealth to the top from the middle. And the best part. Pay taxes on debt to pay controllers of banks/"the whole western economic system" 0,00001% tribute for them creating money to the world. What a fiat money Ponzi scheme.

Vote democratic or republic. Your vote always comes up banking Mafia. The system they have put in place allows nothing else.
edit on 19-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

I have an idea for you.

Why not start your own business, make millions of dollars, pay 50% in taxes, and then pay extra to help us all out.

That will unclog the system.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Communism is the real answer to this rich and poor mess of a civilization.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

That's why so many people have historically rushed to live in communist countries and not hte U.S., right?

The real answer is getting up everyday and focusing on what you can control, not worrying about how much other people have that you don't.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

That's why so many people have historically rushed to live in communist countries and not hte U.S., right?

The real answer is getting up everyday and focusing on what you can control, not worrying about how much other people have that you don't.

Hahahahaaaaa

Well we need a time machine to go back and tell them they were right then lolz.

Or just look at this world we live in today, theres more than enough everything for everyone.

Once nanotech takes off it will just be a matter of time in my opinion.

Make a city in a heartbeat, or whatever the heck you want.

Capatilism and materialism only lead to division.

Just think if the military was capatilist and made everyone pay for thier equipment and gear lolz there wouldnt be one!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The Brits pay 40% inheritance tax on money/property/stocks/shares/land over 900,000 English pounds, have done for years, the French have since Napoleon. (maybe the English too, pay for all the wars they enjoy, the English navy took 20%of GDP each year!)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

And continue the suffering of a big percentage of the world by feeding the wolves at the top 0.000001% not questioning the system they have created since it is to hard to stand up to the corruption and let generation after generation follow the same fate as the generations before them.

Always the same power pyramid wherever you go and no matter the label the say the system have. State capitalism in USSR to US corporate fascism where the corporations/banks control the government. Same power pyramid. And the power pyramid is even printed on the dollar for all to see.
edit on 19-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just try not paying your taxes and see what appens to you. . . . .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

And continue the suffering of a big percentage of the world by feeding the wolves at the top 0.000001% not questioning the system they have created since it is to hard to stand up to the corruption and let generation after generation follow the same fate as the generations before them.

Always the same power pyramid wherever you go and no matter the label the say the system have. State capitalism in USSR to US corporate fascism where the corporations/banks control the government. Same power pyramid. And the power pyramid is even printed on the dollar for all to see.

Yeah, you're probably right.

Much better to whine and complain and blame "big brother" and the elite for your lot in life than to work hard to try to change it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

Yeah, you're probably right.
Much better to whine and complain and blame "big brother" and the elite for your lot in life than to work hard to try to change it.

Far better to change what you consider to be wrong through action which shapes our future to be progressive rather than regressive.

So I agree change is what is needed, not just talk, however thats what forums are for talking and communication right?

If we all sat around and praised that which you call BIG BROTHER wouldnt we be no better than what we consider to be the ignorant?

Here is some news on the money pit known as the various branches of government the people do not prosper from like more nuclear weapons because we dont have enough already.

edit on 19-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join