It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pinckney Held in Michigan in Violation of Article 48 of the Geneva Convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit
Since he is not a prisoner of war, how is the Geneva Convention relevant?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

It looks bad. It's a public relations thing.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Geneva Convention only covers active military personel during time of war and prisoners of war .. the reverend is not a active military member nor is he a prisoner of war .. thus he is NOT covered by the geneva convention.
edit on 18/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The issue here is that the prison which used to hold him refuses to forward mail sent to that address. They know his new address and presumably he will be filing a change with the USPS but it is the mail already in transit that they are refusing to forward when it arrives at his old prison.

He was just suddenly moved, without knowing that it would happen. They are jerking him around.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Yes I know.

I am simply making the point that the Michigan authorities are treating someone who is almost certainly a political prisoner worse than they would be required to do if he were a prisoner of war.

Most people would regard the Geneva Convention as a minimum standard of humane treatment. Michigan is failing to meet the minimum standard of treatment that would be given to POWs.
edit on 18-1-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
OK the guy is a local piece of crap that even got kicked out of the NAACP. He's been to prison a few times and is way down the food chain from Jackson and Sharpton. A local joke that hired protesters and bussed them in from Detroit and left them stranded and unpaid.

Election law violator that was paying people $5 to vote but it was a chit for a meal when they thought they were getting cash.

The list goes on and on how many recalls he has thrown out who knows there's dozens.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Actually, most people look to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, not the Geneva Convention, since the Geneva Convention only applies to war time situations and military combat members.

The US adopted the Human Rights charter back when it was drafted.

If you want to find a violation of how this inmate is being treated, I'd suggest you look in the Human Rights charter. However, you might want to look in the state's constitution also and what their department of corrections normally does.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Water is not a 'human' right.

*crikets*

Any animal can go drink from a puddle or a stream but a man has to bow to authority to drink?

FFS....

How about air?
edit on 1/18/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Maybe his legal team will look at that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit
a reply to: neo96

The United Nations has passed a resolution declaring that water is a human right.

They still have access to water, just not piped directly to their home. If they want it piped directly to their home then they have to pay for that.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

I know. He is not an untarnished person, (irony alert) unlike everyone else in US politics.

However, he's not being given the consideration that a Chinese infantryman captured in an assault on Malibu would be given. I'm not sure authorities upward of the prison warden involved would want the state to be seen that way.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Cutting off water is not just disallowing water to drink... there's a whole other need as well, like washing, toilets, cooking, etc.

Personally, I believe that removing water from a home is the final step in removing a family out of a home or apartment.

There is nothing crueler a city can do to its citizens.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Well said. I don't think Americans would want the poor people of Detroit going down to the Detroit River balancing buckets on their heads getting drinking water or smacking the laundry against the rocks to wash it like they do in India.
edit on 18-1-2015 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

And those that support the laws that take away people's rights to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness are the criminals.They are NOT being American patriots,they are being American thugs.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Makes you wonder why the so called "community activists" that are being so highly profiled in the MSM today get away with it, while others don't?

Sounds to me like this guy didn't fit into the agenda of the current government protesters and how their disruption of society fits right in with the current state of division? You know, those who's rights don't fit into the current atmosphere of divide and conquer?

Not to mention, but it also has to makes those who think when the government creates laws, because they pretend to care about your health and well being, do they really mean it?

edit on 18-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Clearly the Geneva Convention is irrelevent to this, but this is an interesting character who seems to like to try and rig elections, but is so bad at it he always get's caught. May not be too bright.

Rev. Edward Pinckney -

Twitter has 1,053 followers worldwide.

Convicted of multiple accounts of voter fraud.
Convicted of felony forgery.
Uses aliases, false social security numbers and birth dates.
Plead guilty to theft and found guilty of assault with a deadly weapon in 1990.
91 plead guilty to false information on a financial document.
99 plead guilty to embezzlement.
While working for Mutual of Omaha he pocketed peoples premium payments and made himself beneficiary on some policies.
Currently convicted of felony forgery charges.

I can't help but wonder what the other side of this story is, considering the supposed victim is a common thief, liar, Confidence man and who exactly would follow such a man or believe anything he says? I suspect something is not being told here?

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I am sorry but this borders on the absurd.

My whatever the hell did people do before 'public water works' came along.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I haven't really followed his story in detail but I know that he aggravated some powerful people in Benton Harbor when he tried to force a recall of the Mayor of the city, a person who is perceived by some to be a tool of the Whirlpool Corporation.

I only heard about Pinkney through Webster Tarpley's program, World Crisis Radio. I picked up on his story when things started to get rough in Benton Harbor.

His police record is troubling, but he is a political figure with legitimate credibility as an activist for the poor. Where I come from, the joke was that they used to buy votes with mickeys of rum. Pinckney is typical of a lot of small time politicos. I am always on the alert for an honest politician. Please let me know if you ever come across one.

The main thing is that his violations are penny ante stuff in the wider world of politics. If anything his record tells me that he is a clumsy "violator". It's the slick ones you have to watch.

He may be bent but I think he is on the side of the poor. In politics one has to use the tools at hand and watch that one is not used by them. That never changes.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
He's a gem.

I wonder if he was picked up on a warrant?

VERDICT: Rev. Edward Pinkney convicted of election fraud
Posted: Nov 03, 2014

BENTON HARBOR, Mich. - A Berrien County jury found Reverend Edward Pinkney guilty of five counts of forgery after deliberating for nine hours. He had been accused of changing the dates on some of the signatures on a petition to recall Benton Harbor Mayor James Hightower.

The jury found him not guilty of six counts of false certification of recall petitions for allowing people to sign more than once.

The trial started Monday October 27 and the jury deliberated for nine hours on Friday and Monday combined.

"I was in shock more than anything else because I could not believe they could find me guilty with no evidence at all. They have proven the fact you don't need evidence to send someone to prison," said Pinkney after the verdict.

Pinkney will be sentenced December 15, but says he will request a delay.

I wonder what Party he was advocating?

Maybe the Answer is

"In the Mail"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join