It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State throws men off building for ‘being gay’

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

The only way to get to the point you are trying to make is by denying that Jesus died and fullfilled the law and if you believe that you at that point are not a christian. All ot calls for violence are negated by the nt. the koran has no point of reformation like the bible does.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I agree with you and was being sarcastic....

originally posted by: deadeyedick
All ot calls for violence are negated by the nt
calls for violence.

The “But That’s Just the Old Testament!” Cop-Out

There, I fixed it for you

As I said, hypocritical....

5:19 Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This reinforces a point made in an earlier part of this Series:

Why is it that these anti-Muslim ideologues allow theological and textual acrobatics when it comes to the Bible, but meanwhile they forbid the contextualization of Quranic verses? Certainly it is much easier to “constrain” the violent verses of the Quran than it is for the Bible, since the Quran itself almost always cushions these verses in between mitigating verses. This contrasts quite considerably with the Bible, which has violent verses wrapped in violent passages.

Anti-Muslim Christians point to various verses of the Quran that they claim are intrinsically violent. When it is pointed out to them that their own holy book is replete with violent passages, they respond by explaining why and how they interpret these Biblical passages in a peaceful manner. In the same breath, however, they forbid Muslims from doing the same to the Quran.

Rejecting the Old Testament is a perfectly fine way for a Christian believer to theologically constrain the violence of the Bible, one that we wholeheartedly support. But such a believer should know that his holy book requires such theological mechanisms to constrain its violence, and this should logically endow upon him some religious modesty when it comes to the holy books of others.

Source from link above.

Jesus: “Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword” (Matt 10:34)

Source

edit on 22-1-2015 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2015 by aorAki because: links etc

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I agree with you and was being sarcastic....

Haha, I see the LOL now.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I have no problem agreeing with the hypocritical part.

One of my very first threads was called hypocritic where i showed that being a hypocrit is what makes the world a better place. The reason is because we are all sinners and if we only taught things that we do we would be in much worse shape today than we are now. Every good parent is a big hypocrit and the same with teeachers but yes some are above much of that and should be recognized as being such but overall we all do stuff that is not good for us.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join